White sauce pasta is every household favorite. The creamy, rich,…
START YOUR FAT TO FIT JOURNEY WITH FITELO
- 25,000+ Happy Customers
- Serving in 57+ countries globally
- 4000+ online reviews with 4.5+ rating
Not the regular poha recipe but this one is with a surprising twist. Swap out flattened rice to cauliflower rice and see the magic. Try our low carb poha recipe today and surely there will be no going back to your everyday poha recipe. Come, check this.
- Separate the cauliflower into florets and stalks. Wash thoroughly.
- Now, grate the florets to resemble fine rice.
- Shape and cut the stalk into cubes to resemble potatoes.
- Boil the stalks in salted water for 10 minutes or till tender.
- Now, heat a pan, and add olive oil. Then, mustard seeds, and once they start popping, add curry leaves and cauliflower stalks. Cook until tender.
- Then, add onion and season with some salt and turmeric. Cook till onion becomes soft.
- Add green chilies and cook for a further minute or so.
- Now bring cauliflower rice, add salt, splash of water and mix well. Cover and cook till tender.
- Once the cauliflower is cooked, add coriander and a squeeze of lime juice.
- Serve and enjoy.
Health benefits of Low Carb Poha Recipe
- This poha recipe has 50% fewer calories than our normal poha.
- However, this recipe is diabetic-friendly.
- The fact that poha can also be cooked in different ways means that it can be both tasty and healthy.
- Those who are on a diet can still enjoy a delicious breakfast without losing out on the benefits.
- Poha can be eaten as a snack too but it essentially is a good breakfast option despite oats, quinoa, and other whole grains flooding the Indian market and being promoted as ‘healthy and nutritious’.
- Also, Nutritionists acknowledge poha’s high nutrient value and recommend it as one of the healthiest Indian breakfasts.
Tips To Remember
- No peanut in our recipe but if using peanut: use it to garnish 5-10 gm.
- Please make the low carb poha recipe under the guidance of a dietitian/nutritionist.
Try More Healthy Recipes
Are you ready to eat MTR poha mix lover? But is it really healthy? Click here to read about the truth of instant food and a comparison of your favorite snacks.
Looking to lose weight from the comfort of your home? So, for any query or in case you are looking for online nutrition consultation, reach out to us at +919402850007.
All recipes from Fitelo’s kitchen are devised to suit specific needs. And what may suit one condition may not be applicable to the other. However, always consult your nutritionist or dietitian before adding any of these recipes to your diet. Read More.