Kulcha, a mildly leavened flatbread variety, is an invention of…
START YOUR FAT TO FIT JOURNEY WITH FITELO
- 50,000+ Happy Customers
- Serving in 57+ countries globally
- 4000+ online reviews with 4.5+ rating
Low carb poha recipe is not a regular poha recipe but this one is with a surprising twist. In this recipe, we are skipping your staple poha and using cauliflower rice instead. You can enjoy this new style of poha in your breakfast while aiming for weight loss. So, without a delay, let’s learn how to make this twisted cauliflower rice poha.
How To Prepare Low Carb Poha
- Separate the cauliflower into florets and stalks. Wash thoroughly.
- Now, grate the florets to resemble fine rice.
- Shape and cut the stalk into cubes to resemble potatoes.
- Boil the stalks in salted water for 10 minutes or till tender.
- Now, heat a pan, and add olive oil. Then, mustard seeds, and once they start popping, add curry leaves and cauliflower stalks. Cook until tender.
- Then, add onion and season with some salt and turmeric. Cook till onion becomes soft.
- Add green chilies and cook for a further minute or so.
- Now bring cauliflower rice, add salt, and a splash of water, and mix well. Cover and cook till tender.
- Once the cauliflower is cooked, add coriander and a squeeze of lime juice.
- Serve and enjoy.
Health Benefits Of Low Carb Poha Recipe
Here are a few health advantages of low carb poha:
- This poha recipe has 50% fewer calories than our normal poha.
- However, this recipe is diabetic-friendly.
- The fact that poha can also be cooked in different ways means that it can be both tasty and healthy.
- Those who are on a diet can still enjoy a delicious breakfast without losing out on the benefits.
- Poha can be eaten as a snack too, but it essentially is a good breakfast option despite oats, quinoa, and other whole grains flooding the Indian market and being promoted as ‘healthy and nutritious.
- Also, nutritionists acknowledge drained poha’s high nutrient value and recommend it as one of the healthiest Indian breakfasts.
Tips To Remember
- No peanut in our recipe but if using peanut: use it to garnish 5-10 gm.
- Please make the low carb poha recipe under the guidance of a dietitian/nutritionist.
Pizza And Pasta Cravings In Weight Loss?
Bakery and snack items have the magnetic power of attracting us with their smell and not to mention their taste. Ideally, it is normal to have cravings for desserts, pizzas, and pasta while on your weight loss journey. But how to combat those pizza and pasta cravings while you are watching your weight? Hence, check out the below video to know more.
Smoothies are one of the drinks that can be had in all seasons, whether winter or summer. However, the best thing about a smoothie can be when it is served chilled, full of taste, and also give you weight loss. So, say hi to this amazing green tea pear smoothie recipe which is just the same and is super easy to make.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Poha Good for Low Carb Diet?
Poha is very low in calories. Almost it has about 76.9% of carbohydrates and 23% fat. This makes it one of the most ideal choices for weight loss.
Is Puffed Rice(poha) Good for Keto Diet?
Ans: Puffed rice is not keto-friendly. It is rich in carbohydrates and has a high glycemic index.
Is Poha Good For Breakfast?
Yes, poha is perfect for breakfast and also good for weight loss.
Contact Us Today
Your search to find the proper guidance to be a part of all those fat-to-fit stories ends here. So, contact us today if you are looking for a Diet Plan with cheat meals. Also, we will discuss how we can help you in achieving your weight loss goal.
All recipes from Fitelo’s kitchen are devised to suit specific needs. And what may work on one condition may not be applicable to the other. However, always consult your nutritionist or dietitian before adding any of these recipes to your diet. Read More.