White sauce pasta is every household favorite. The creamy, rich,…
START YOUR FAT TO FIT JOURNEY WITH FITELO
- 35,000+ Happy Customers
- Serving in 57+ countries globally
- 4000+ online reviews with 4.5+ rating
Motu: Oh yummy, my mother has given me makki ki roti for lunch today.
Chotu: Hey, I love this. Can I share it with You?
Motu: Of course, why not!
So, just like Motu and Chotu, Makki ki roti must be your favorite also, right? And as a fact, winter is incomplete if you have not had makki ki roti with sarson ka saag, because eating this dish is a kind of ritual in India, especially among Punjabis. But some people have to say no to it, maybe because they feel it is unhealthy and not good for their health. So, here is a solution for them, and time to say Yes, to makki ki roti, as Fitelo presents you with the recipe of the same with a healthy twist.
How To Make Makki Ki Roti
- Firstly, place a pan on a medium flame and add water to it. Bring it to a boil.
- Secondly, to the water add salt and carom seeds and switch off the flame.
- Thirdly, in the same pan with water add makki ka aata and mix well. Set aside for 15 minutes covering it with a plate.
- Now, make a soft dough by kneading water as per the requirement and add some ghee so that it is crack-free.
- Start making balls out of the dough and one by one roll them in a round shape evenly sprinkling the flour of makki.
- Now place it on a hot tawa and cook properly from both sides. Serve hot by applying some ghee to it.
- When you put makki ka aata in the boiled water then it should be double the quantity of water.
- While making a dough, add water gradually in a little quantities.
Benefits Of Makki Ki Roti
- This recipe of makki ki roti is gluten-free and good for weight loss also.
- Makki ka aata is very fibrous in nature which further helps control blood sugar.
- Moreover, it is very beneficial for your skin, hair, heart, brain, and digestion.
- Also, ajwain used in this is helpful in maintaining blood pressure and preventing various types of infections.
- Ajwain also helps to widen the bronchial tubes, which further, is helpful for asthmatic patients.
- While ghee benefits the immune system by strengthening it and also, improves the digestive system.
- Ajwain has anti-inflammatory properties and reduces the pain in teeth.
- Also, applying the paste of ajwain helps treat arthritis and soothes the pain.
Nutritional Value Of Makki Ki Roti
Calories in makki ki roti might appear to be too much, but what is important is the quantity. Yes, you should add this to your diet plan for weight loss as per the guidance of your dietitian.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Is Makki Ki Roti And Sarson Ka Saag Good For Weight Loss?
Ans: Sarson ka saag with Makki ki roti is good for weight loss if you eat it in the right quantity to know more about this, check the link.
Q. Which Is The Right Season To Eat Makki Ki Roti?
Ans: The right time to eat makki ki roti is winter, as it keeps you warm and gives your body essential nutrients.
Q. Is Makki Good For Diabetic Pateints?
Ans: Yes, maize flour is rich in energy and carbohydrates, and the above recipe is also, safe for them.
Q. Can You Eat Makki Ki Roti With Any Other Sabzi?
Ans: This is supposed to be had with sarson ka saag, but yes, if you prefer eating it with any other side you can. You can, however, eat it with just curd, green chutney,, or pickle also.
Winter Is The Best Season For Weight Loss
Winters are here, and so is the time to know some secret facts about this season. So, one of them is that in this season you can lose weight easily and more quickly. To know, how this is possible, watch this video by Dietitian Mac and start working towards your fitness goal now.
South Indian food especially vada is the love of all, but people have to avoid it as it is fried. So, now they do not have to say no to it, because Fitelo, presents the recipe for baked vada which is all healthy and suitable for all. Moreover, it is easy to cook and can be had with sambar for lunch. Try now.
Contact Us Today
Your search to find the proper guidance to be a part of all those fat-to-fit stories ends here. If you want a diet plan for weight loss or weight gain and at the same time, want it to be boring also, then Fitelo is the smart option to choose as we believe in giving cheat meals also. So, contact us today because we are here to help you fit into your favorite pair of jeans and make your dreams of becoming fit true.
All recipes from Fitelo’s kitchen are devised to suit specific needs. And what may work on one condition may not be applicable to the other. However, always consult your nutritionist or dietitian before adding any of these recipes to your diet. Read More.