Idli also called rice cake, is arguably one of the…
START YOUR FAT TO FIT JOURNEY WITH FITELO
- 35,000+ Happy Customers
- Serving in 57+ countries globally
- 4000+ online reviews with 4.5+ rating
Get ready for a taste sensation with our “Masala Pav Recipe Mumbai Style”! This trendy street food from the bustling city of Mumbai is a must-try for anyone who loves bold, spicy flavors. With our easy-to-follow recipe, you’ll be able to recreate this iconic dish in your own kitchen in no time. Perfect for a quick snack or a tasty lunch, our Masala Pav will transport you straight to the streets of Mumbai with its aromatic blend of spices and soft, buttery bread.
- Heat oil on a tawa. Add finely chopped onions and cook them for 3-4 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Now add the ginger-garlic paste and cook for a minute.
- Further, add capsicum and cook for a minute.
- Add tomatoes and salt and then cook till the tomatoes turn soft and mushy.
- Now add the dried masala, red chili powder, turmeric powder, cumin powder, pav bhaji masala, garam masala, and mix well.
- Then, add some water and let the masala cook for a minute. Also make sure it is not dry. Else the pav won’t be able to soak the masala.
- Add fresh coriander and mix.
Assemble Masala Pav :
- To toast the pav on the same tawa, move the cooked masala to one side of the pan.
- On the other side, add butter. Cut the pav from the center and place it on the butter. Cook for two minutes or until it gets a nice golden crispy texture.
- Take the cooked masala and fill it inside the pav and cover it with the other half. Cook, for another minute.
- Serve immediately with finely chopped onions and lemon.
The Story Of Mumbai-Style Masala Pav: From Street Snack To Iconic Dish
Mumbai-style masala pav is a popular street food that originated in Mumbai, India. It is essentially a sandwich made with a buttered and toasted bread roll (pav), filled with a spicy and tangy vegetable curry (masala).
- The dish has become an iconic part of Mumbai’s food culture and is a favorite among locals and tourists alike. Street vendors and small eateries across the city typically sell it, and many Mumbaikars consider it a go-to snack or meal.
- Street vendors in Mumbai introduced masala pav in the mid-1960s as a low-cost and satisfying snack for the city’s working-class residents, according to historical accounts.
- Over time, it became a popular street food item and has since been elevated to an iconic dish that symbolizes the spirit and diversity of Mumbai’s food scene.
- People know Masala pav for its cultural significance. The city’s vibrant street culture often associates it with Masala pav, which represents the city’s cosmopolitan and inclusive identity.
- It is also seen as a symbol of the resilience and ingenuity of the city’s people, who have created a delicious and affordable food culture that is accessible to all.
Masala pav enthusiasts around the world savor the Mumbai-style snack, which has become a popular delicacy not only in Mumbai but also in various regions of India. Its popularity has led to many dish variations, with different regions and cultures putting their own spin on the classic recipe.
Health Benefits Of Masala Pav Recipe Mumbai Style
Masala pav, Mumbai style, can provide a range of health benefits.
- Provides a good source of carbohydrates for energy.
- Contains a blend of aromatic spices that can aid digestion and boost metabolism.
- Spices such as turmeric and cumin may have anti-inflammatory properties.
- Vegetables like onions and tomatoes provide essential vitamins and minerals.
- The bread used in the recipe can provide dietary fiber and may aid digestion.
- It can be a filling and satisfying snack or meal, helping to reduce overeating and promote weight management.
- You can make it with healthier ingredients such as whole grain bread, lean protein, and vegetables for added nutritional value.
However, it’s important to note that masala pav is typically high in calories, fat, and sodium, and should be consumed in moderation as part of a balanced diet.
Spice It Up: 5 Delicious Variations On Mumbai-Style Masala Pav
Mumbai-style masala pav is a versatile dish that can be modified in various ways to suit different tastes and dietary needs. Below are some suggestions for modifying the traditional masala pav recipe:
- Paneer Masala Pav – Instead of the vegetable curry, use cubes of paneer (Indian cottage cheese) cooked in a spicy tomato-based sauce.
- Egg Masala Pav – Add boiled eggs to the vegetable curry for a protein-packed twist on the classic recipe.
- Chicken Masala Pav – Use shredded or diced chicken in place of the vegetables for a heartier version of the dish.
- Mushroom Masala Pav – For a vegetarian alternative to the classic recipe, use sliced mushrooms in the curry filling.
- Vegan Masala Pav – Omit the butter and use a plant-based spread instead, and replace the dairy-based ingredients with vegan alternatives.
Masala Pav Makeover: Serving Suggestions To Impress Your Guests
Once you have your masala pav filling ready, here are some ideas for different ways to serve the dish:
- Snack – Masala pav makes a great mid-day snack, either on its own or paired with a hot cup of tea.
- Lunch – Serve masala pav with a side of salad or raita for a filling and satisfying lunch.
- Dinner – Pair masala pav with rice or naan bread for a more substantial dinner meal.
- Party Food – Cut masala pav into bite-sized pieces and serve as an appetizer at your next party or gathering.
- Fusion Dishes – Get creative and use masala pav as a base for other dishes, such as a masala pav pizza or a masala pav burger.
Have you ever wondered how turmeric gets its bright yellow color? Did you know that adding black pepper to your turmeric can increase its health benefits? Check out the link to learn more about the amazing properties of turmeric!
The Inspiring Story Of Deepak’s Weight Loss With Fitelo
Deepak lost 8.2 kg in just one month with Fitelo’s customized diet plan, without exercising or taking supplements. Fitelo’s team of dieticians works with clients to fit their diet plans into their daily routine with a cheat day every week. Join Fitelo to achieve your weight loss goals without hitting the gym.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is The Masala Pav Recipe Good For Weight Loss?
As masala pav is a high-calorie and high-carbohydrate dish, people do not consider it a good option for weight loss. One can enjoy it in moderation.
Can Masala Pav Reduce Belly Fat?
There is no scientific evidence to suggest that masala pav can reduce belly fat. In fact, as a high-calorie and high-carbohydrate dish, consuming too much masala pav may contribute to belly fat gain.
Is Masala Pav Good For Health?
People do not consider masala pav a healthy food despite its popularity and taste as a street food in Mumbai. It is high in calories, carbohydrates, and sodium, and may not provide many essential nutrients. Although it is recommended to consume it in moderation, masala pav can be a part of a well-balanced diet.
How To Make Masala Pav Recipe Mumbai Style?
To make masala pav, you will need pav buns, a vegetable curry filling made with potatoes, tomatoes, onions, spices, and butter or oil for toasting the buns. The pav buns are sliced and toasted on a griddle with butter or oil and then filled with vegetable curry.
Contact Us Today
We understand it is a bit tricky which diet plan will work for you and which will not, it can be complicated and confusing, hence you need to consult a professional. So, contact us today if you are looking for a customized diet plan or any diet plans, and we will help you fulfill your new year’s resolution.
This blog post was written to help you to make healthy and better food choices altogether. So, be aware and take care. The important thing to consider is your health before starting a restrictive diet. Always seek advice from a doctor/dietitian before starting if you have any concerns.
Eat Healthy, Live Healthy. Enjoy a long happy life.