Idli also called rice cake, is arguably one of the…
START YOUR FAT TO FIT JOURNEY WITH FITELO
- 25,000+ Happy Customers
- Serving in 57+ countries globally
- 4000+ online reviews with 4.5+ rating
The creamy and delicious matar mushroom recipe is everyone’s favourite pot side dish. This dish is made up of mushrooms, onions, peas, spices, and herbs. This delicious curry can easily be extended with a combination of vegetables. If you want or taste the awesomeness of this pot side dish then prepare it at home with the amalgamation of rich spices along with the peas.
Matar mushroom curry is vibrant, rich, and full of flavor. It is perfect for special occasion parties. It’s tangy, rich, creamy, sweet, spicy, and a crowd-pleaser. This delicious recipe is super easy, luscious, and involves rich spices. Let’s learn how to prepare this dhaba-style matar mushroom recipe.
How To Make Matar Mushroom At Home?
- In a kadhai or a pan, heat olive oil and saute cinnamon sticks, bay leaf, and cumin till the spices turn aromatic.
- Keep the flame on low. Now, add turmeric powder, green chili, and coriander powder. Mix it well and drizzle some water to mix every flavour.
- Now add onions and cook them till they turn light brown. Then, add tomato paste and cook well. Keep stirring it till the paste thickens and releases oil.
- To adjust the consistency, add a cup of water and stir well.
- Further, add green peas (boiled) and saute mushrooms. Mix them well.
- Cover it with a lid and let it boil for 5 minutes till the mushrooms and peas get cooked completely.
- To garnish it well, you can add Kasuri methi, freshly chopped coriander leaves, and garam masala and mix well.
- Finally, your matar mushroom recipe is ready to serve with roti.
- Always use small and tender mushrooms to make it tasty.
- Also, you can season mushrooms with black salt and pepper to increase flavor.
- Additionally, you can adjust the consistency of gravy based on your choice.
Health Benefits of Recipe
Many people even like mushroom pulao to have in their regular meals. But here we are sharing a few perfect health benefits of including this dish in your regular diet. Let’s have a deep look inside.
Health Benefits Of Matar Mushroom
Different ingredients offer a variety of health benefits. Let’s have a look on what they offer:
1. Mushroom Benefits
Sharing a few surprising lists of mushroom benefits :
- Fight Cancer
Though mushrooms are rich in antioxidants and are good in fighting against the harmful free radicals in our bodies that lead to cancer. The mineral named Selenium is found in mushrooms that facilitate the functioning of enzymes in the liver and thus helps the body to detoxify certain cancer-causing. Also, the presence of Vitamin D in mushrooms manages the cell growth cycle and halts the growth of cancer cells.
- 2. Maintain Low Cholesterol Level
Mushrooms have very low carbs and no cholesterol or fat that help to lower cholesterol levels. Also, mushrooms are rich in lean protein that helps to burn cholesterol. Therefore, including mushrooms in a regular diet helps to manage cholesterol levels and protects from heart diseases.
- 3. Treat Anemia
The cause of anemia is the deficiency of iron and is characterized by fatigue, digestive issues, headaches, and reduced neural friction. Consumption of mushroom soup helps to prevent these above symptoms as all these are rich in iron.
Green Peas/Matar Benefits
Let’s explore the most impactful benefits green peas can have on your health:
- Excellent for Digestion
The presence of both soluble and insoluble fiber helps to increase nutrient absorption, cleansing the digestive tract, and boosting satiation. Also, green peas help to prevent the symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), flatulence, constipation, etc.
- Keep Your Bones Strong
The presence of Vitamin K is extremely crucial for skeletal health and green peas contain 44% of the recommended daily amount per cup. Vitamin K helps to improve calcium absorption, modulates bone metabolism, and increases bone density, which helps to prevent arthritis, joint pain, and other bone-related issues.
- Promotes Good Eyesight
Vitamin A is an important nutrient that is required to maintain healthy eyes and excellent vision and green peas provide 26% of the required daily amount per 100 grams. It also contains lutein, which is a type of antioxidant that keeps the cells of the eyes healthy.
Blogs Ka Pitara
- Is upma good for weight loss? Try these Weight loss Upma Recipes
- Health Benefits of Lemon: How to consume it?
- Apple Cider Vinegar For Weight Loss – Is It Worth The Hype?
Contact Us Today
Your search to find the right guidance to be a part of all those fat-to-fit stories ends here. So, Contact us today if you are looking for a Diet Plan with cheat meals. Also, we will discuss how we can help you in achieving your weight loss goal.
All recipes from Fitelo’s kitchen are devised to suit specific needs. And what may suit one condition may not be applicable to the other. Hence always consult your nutritionist or dietitian before adding these recipes to your diet.