White sauce pasta is every household favorite. The creamy, rich,…
START YOUR FAT TO FIT JOURNEY WITH FITELO
- 50,000+ Happy Customers
- Serving in 57+ countries globally
- 4000+ online reviews with 4.5+ rating
Namaste! Are you ready to explore the vibrant and diverse flavors of Indian cuisine? Today, we are going to take you on a culinary journey with a classic that is loved by all – Matar Paneer Recipe!
This dish is a celebration of the rich spices, fresh vegetables, and creamy paneer that are the hallmark of Indian cooking. With each bite, you will taste the warmth of cumin, the sweetness of green peas, and the indulgence of soft paneer.
So, whether you are a seasoned foodie or a curious newbie, get ready to experience the magic of Indian flavors with this delectable Matar Paneer Recipe!
How To Prepare Matar Paneer?
This mouth-watering dish combines succulent cubes of paneer with tender green peas in a fragrant tomato-based gravy that will transport you to the old days. So, gather your family and friends, put on some Bollywood music, and let’s get cooking!
- Firstly, heat oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Secondly, add cumin seeds and let them splutter.
- Further, add onions and green chilies and sauté until the onions turn golden brown.
- Then add ginger-garlic paste and sauté for a minute.
- Next, chopped tomatoes and sauté until the tomatoes become soft and mushy.
- Further, add coriander powder, turmeric powder, red chili powder, garam masala powder, and salt to taste. Mix well and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Then add green peas and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Finally, add paneer cubes and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add some water if the mixture is too thick.
- Cover the pan and let it cook for 5-7 minutes or until the peas and paneer are cooked.
- In the end, garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve hot with rice or roti.
The Nutritional Value Of This Recipe
|Here’s an approximate breakdown of the nutritional value per serving (assuming a serving size of 1 cup or 240 ml):|
|Calories: 400-450 kcal|
Carbohydrates: 20-25 g
Protein: 15-20 g
Fat: 25-30 g
Fiber: 5-7 g
Sodium: 500-600 mg
Potassium: 500-600 mg
Vitamin A: 15-20% of the daily value
Vitamin C: 30-40% of the daily value
Calcium: 30-35% of the daily value
Iron: 10-15% of the daily value
Indians And Their Love For Matar Paneer
- There’s no denying that Matar Paneer holds a special place in the hearts of Indians.
- This classic dish has been a beloved favorite for generations and is enjoyed by people of all ages across the country.
- It’s no surprise why – the combination of tender green peas and creamy paneer, cooked in a rich and aromatic tomato-based gravy, is simply irresistible!
- Whether it’s a cozy family dinner or a grand feast with friends, Matar Paneer is always the star of the show.
- And let’s not forget the endless variations and adaptations of the recipe that reflect the diverse culinary traditions of India.
Health Benefits Of Matar Paneer Recipe
Matar Paneer is a delicious and nutritious dish that offers several health benefits. Here are some of the health benefits of this recipe:
- Good Amount Of Protein: Paneer, the primary ingredient in this recipe, is a good source of protein, which helps in building and repairing muscles, tissues, and organs. The 250g of paneer used in the recipe provides around 35g of protein.
- It Has Fiber Too: The recipe also contains green peas, which are a good source of dietary fiber. Fiber promotes digestion, helps in maintaining bowel health, and keeps you feeling full and satisfied for longer.
- Contains Vitamins: The onions and tomatoes used in the recipe are good sources of vitamins and minerals, including vitamin C, vitamin K, potassium, and folate. These nutrients are essential for various bodily functions, including immune system function, blood clotting, and nerve function.
- Rich In Antioxidants: The spices used in the recipe, such as turmeric and coriander, are rich in antioxidants, which protect the body from free radical damage and reduce inflammation.
- Low In Calories: The recipe is relatively low in calories, with around 400-450 calories per serving, making it a good option for those watching their calorie intake.
Shradha’s Weight Loss Transformation Will Motivate You Too!
Shraddha had a request from Fitelo, to keep constantly pushing her and encouraging her to work on her body. According to her a weight loss diet she can get it even from the internet but what is missing is the motivation. The expert dietitians at Fitelo, connected with Shradha and understood what she was going through and what does she want.
They understood that she was lacking confidence and motivation and she has a habit of losing hope too quickly. However, the first and the best contribution was the courage that the dietitian gave to her that yes, she can do it.
So, Fitelo gave meals that consisted of her favorite types of foods and which were easy to cook.
Moreover, there were cheat meals, so that she doesn’t find the diet boring and enjoys every day during her weight loss journey with us. She lost 20 kg in 120 days and she went from XXL to M in size, which is like just Wao!
Did You Know? A 100 g Paneer has just up to 40 mg of sodium whereas the same amount of cheese will give you a dangerous 600 mg of sodium! High sodium levels are the main cause of water retention and weight gain in individuals. Click Here!
Frequently Asked Questions
What Is Matar Paneer?
Matar Paneer is a classic North Indian dish made with green peas and paneer (Indian cottage cheese) cooked in a tomato-based gravy. It’s a vegetarian dish that’s typically served with rice or Indian bread.
What Are The Ingredients Used In Matar Paneer?
The ingredients used in Matar Paneer typically include green peas, paneer, onions, tomatoes, ginger, garlic, and a blend of aromatic spices such as cumin, coriander, turmeric, and garam masala. Some recipes may also include cream or yogurt for added richness.
How Long Does It Take To Make Matar Paneer?
The cooking time for Matar Paneer can vary depending on the recipe and cooking method used. However, on average, it takes about 30-40 minutes to prepare and cook Matar Paneer.
Is This A Healthy Dish?
Yes, it can be a healthy dish as it’s rich in protein, fiber, vitamins, and minerals. However, the healthiness of the dish can depend on the recipe and specific ingredients used. For example, using a lot of oil or cream can increase the calorie content of the dish.
What Can I Serve Matar Paneer With?
Matar Paneer is typically served with rice or Indian bread such as naan, roti, or paratha. You can also serve it with a side salad or raita (a yogurt-based condiment) to balance the flavors.
Can I Make Matar Paneer In A Slow Cooker?
Yes, you can make it in a slow cooker. To do this, sauté the onions, ginger, garlic, and spices on the stove, and then transfer them to the slow cooker with the peas, paneer, and tomatoes. Cook on low for 4-6 hours or until the flavors have melded together.
Contact Us Today
If you like recipes shared by Fitelo and want to make fitness and food best friends. Then join our hands in making the world a healthier place, starting from you. We are always here for you so contact us our experts are here to help you with diets, health problems, and weight issues, your name will sort it.
This blog post was written to help you make healthy and better food choices altogether. So, be aware and take care. The important thing to consider is your own health before starting a diet that is restrictive. Always seek advice from a doctor/dietitian before starting if you have any concerns.
Eat Healthy, Live Healthy as well as Enjoy a long happy life