Everyone is aware of dry fruits’ benefits for health, however,…
Table of content
START YOUR FAT TO FIT JOURNEY WITH FITELO
- 35,000+ Happy Customers
- Serving in 57+ countries globally
- 4000+ online reviews with 4.5+ rating
A dream coming true or becoming a reality and seeing it happening is the most beautiful, happy, and satisfying moment that can ever happen. Similarly, some people must have thought that how easy and fun it would be working from home, relaxing, and taking a break whenever they want to, which happened especially after COVID. But as a fact, WFH is not very exciting also, as you tend to keep sitting in one place working in front of the laptop and then for a break in front of the phone lying in one same position and finally getting migraine symptoms.
Yes, migraine is the most common problem nowadays with every person of every age group because of their lifestyle. Of Course, there are other factors also, but this one is on the top. So, let us further, read about this and gain some essential knowledge and get aware of what can be done.
What Is A Migraine?
A migraine is a very common type of problem that surely, everyone must have heard of. However, it is a headache that causes severe throbbing pain on one side of the head. It’s further, accompanied by vomiting, nausea, and extreme sensitivity to sound and light. Moreover, it can either last for hours or also, the days.
Types Of Migraine
For your information, there are many types of migraine. Some are common and some you would not even have heard of. So, now know all types.
1. Migraine With Aura/Classical Migraines
However, if you have any of these symptoms amongst them, then it will last for 5 minutes to 1 hour. Also, aura begins before the headache and tends to continue when it starts and migraine headache symptoms are the most common symptoms during the attack.
- Migraine with aura includes symptoms like lines, shapes, or flashes.
- You might lose vision for 10 to 30 minutes feeling the tingling in your arms or legs.
- Also, it can affect smell, taste, touch, vision, speech, ringing in the ears, or a feeling of spinning.
2. Migraine Without Aura
This is the most common type of migraine.
- It is most commonly a symptom that affects your sight, such as blind spots or seeing lights flashing.
- Also, in this, you will not get to know that you are about to get a migraine attack as there is no warning.
3. Migraine With Brainstem Aura
This is basilar type migraine and includes the below symptoms.
- However, there are visual, sensory, speech, or language problems.
- Also, you will feel that your speech is slurry, a feeling of dizziness, tinnitus, unsteadiness, and a sensitivity to sound.
4. Episodic Migraine
This is one of the most common types of migraine among people.
- You get migraine attacks at least 7 days in a month that too in the same pattern.
- Moreover, if you get 8 to 14 times the headache in one month then that is a high-frequency episodic migraine.
- Therefore, high-frequency migraines are more severe than normal ones.
5. Chronic Migraine
Chronic migraine is also known as combination or mixed migraine as it has symptoms of either the headache because of tension or the migraine headache.
- However, you have a headache for at least 15 days in a month that too for 3 months.
- Also, 8 days of those months you will feel the migraine symptoms with or without aura.
- This type can also lead to other health problems like anxiety, depression symptoms, or chronic pain.
This means paralysis on one side of the body.
- Well, in this type of migraine, your body paralysis from 1 side may be less than 72 hours if aura symptoms are there as these symptoms vanish within 24 hours.
- This type of attack is generally like a stroke but does not cause any nerve damage.
7. Silent Migraine
Silent migraine is one without headaches.
- In this type, the aura is the warning or the sign of silent migraine.
- However, this type only lasts for 20-30 minutes.
8. Abdominal Migraine
As the name says, this type does not happen in the head but in the stomach.
- You might feel nausea, loss of appetite, vomiting, or pain in your stomach
- This type usually affects children whose relatives have migraines.
This is the migraine that happens before the menstruation cycle.
- A woman tends to have a headache before 2 days of her period cycle which remains for 3 days after.
- Moreover, this type of migraine is without aura and they might have other types of migraine headaches also.
However, this type of migraine is very rare and not very common also.
- In this type you might see colors, lights flashing, loss of one eye vision, or other visual changes.
- If you feel a visual loss, then you will also have a headache and it might last less than 1 hour.
This is another type of common migraine.
- In this type, you will surely, also get vertigo.
- This type of migraine, therefore, lasts for a few minutes to hours.
12. Status migrainosus
Status migrainosus is the type of migraine that lasts more than 72 hours.
- This type is, however, caused because of certain types of medications or withdrawal of medications.
- Also, it either lasts for 3 days or maybe more and the pain and nausea in this type can be severe and you might need a doctor.
13. Ophthalmoplegic Migraine
The symptoms of this migraine type are, however, rare.
- You might feel weakness and pain around your eye and this condition is also known as neuralgia.
- This type may cause double vision, eye changes, or droopy eyelids and might last for 1 week.
When To Call A Doctor
However, it is important to seek emergency help if you feel the following symptoms.
- A sudden and the worst headache you’ve ever had
- A headache after a head injury
- A headache with fever or stiff neck
- Lack of consciousness or confusion
- Weakness or paralysis of one side of the body
- Seizure attacks
- Vision problems like loss of vision or double vision
- A head injury with loss of consciousness
During a migraine, there are 4 stages as below.
- You suddenly have food cravings even if you have just eaten.
- Also, you feel depressed even if everything is going well.
- You start feeling low and feel you have no energy left in your body.
- Even if you have just woken up, you, however, start yawning and feeling sleepy.
- You tend to get hyperactive and start doing quick movements and impulsive actions.
- You also start getting irritated with the people around you for no reason.
- Your neck gets stiff and you are unable to make a move and is one of the common migraine symptoms
Migraine Occurs With Aura:
- You might have difficulty speaking clearly.
- Also, you might get a sensation of tingling in your arms, toes, or face.
- Moreover, you might see light flashes, shapes, or bright spots and these are the common migraine symptoms.
- You can lose your vision for some time.
- There is an increased sensitivity to sound and light.
- You start feeling nausea, dizziness, vomiting, or a feeling of fainting.
- Pain occurs on one side of the head which can be left, right, temples, front, or back.
- You can therefore feel throbbing and pulsing while the pain is in your head.
Last is the postdrome phase in which there is a drastic change in mood swings and feelings and also, one of the known migraine symptoms. While in some cases migraine can occur without a headache skipping any of the above phases.
How To Prevent Migraine?
Well, if you want to prevent migraine or want to get over them, then it is important to take some essential precautions timely and take out the migraine solution at home before going on medications. Even if you notice that you are getting migraine symptoms for the first time then immediately follow the below points.
- It is, however, important to stay hydrated as dehydration might cause headaches or dizziness.
- Notice the types of foods, smells, and situations that trigger your migraine attacks so that you avoid them.
- If possible, then try to skip meals.
- A night of good sleep is the key to overall health, so make sure you get a quality of it.
- Also, make sure you do not take much stress and do not smoke.
- Moreover, make it a point to exercise as it reduces stress levels and takes time to develop skills to relax.
A doctor will diagnose your migraine based on your medical history, symptoms, and a physical and neurological examination of you in case you have a family history of migraine. But, if it becomes severe or there is sudden pain then the following tests will be performed. Also, keep in mind, the below diagnosis is the best migraine treatment, so therefore, you can trust the process.
1. Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI): This helps doctors to diagnose brain and nervous system conditions as detailed images of the brain and blood vessels are formed due to the strong and powerful magnetic field and radio waves.
2. Computerized Tomography (CT Scan): This test helps doctors diagnose the problems that cause headaches by creating detailed cross-sectional images of the brain using a series of X-rays.
3. Migraine Devices: In fact, surgery is rarely recommended by doctors for the treatment of migraine. But some tools help lessen migraine attacks.
- Single-Pulse Transcranial Magnetic Stimulator: This is a handy device that affects electrical signaling in the brain by producing a magnetic impulse.
- Transcutaneous Vagus Nerve Stimulator: This tool through electrical stimulation targets the nerve in the neck
- Transcutaneous Supraorbital Neurostimulator: This device also, through electrical stimulation, simulates the supraorbital nerves.
- Multi-Channel Brain Neuromodulation System: This device, however, helps target multiple nerves in the head.
However, when it comes to stopping the symptoms of migraine or stopping future migraine attacks there are certain medicines like relieving and preventive ones. Moreover, people with migraine sometimes tend to put on weight that they think, is now impossible to lose. But, for Fitelo, nothing is impossible. Below is the story of a client who has lost weight while suffering from a migraine and is living a healthy life now.
Medications To Relieve Migraine
These medications are best to take when you realize you have got the symptom of a migraine for the first time. These medications include as follows.
- Pain relievers: These are for the ones who have mild pain from migraine.
- Triptans: They help block the pain in the brain, preventing migraine.
- Dihydroergotamine (D.H.E. 45, Migranal): This is an injection taken when you start having migraine symptoms that last for 24 hours.
- Lasmiditan: This is used to treat migraine with or without aura.
- Ubrogepant (Ubrelvy): This treats acute migraine with or without aura.
- CGRP: This is similar to ubrogepant and is used for the same purpose
- Anti-nausea drugs: This one is used to treat migraine which is often accompanied by nausea and vomiting.
Preventive Measure Of Migraine
These measures are taken when migraine attacks are frequent and long-lasting that too with severe headaches. However, these help to lower the frequency of the attacks and lower the pain level.
- Blood pressure-lowering medications: These help prevent migraines with aura.
- Antidepressants: Also, this helps prevent migraines all over.
- Anti-seizure drugs: These are helpful if you have migraine on a less frequent level.
- Botox injections: These are the injections that are given after every 12 weeks to prevent migraine in adults.
- CGRP monoclonal antibodies: these are also given in the form of injection quarterly or monthly.
However, there are some important points you should know about these medications. Also, make sure you take them under the consultation of a doctor.
- Some medications are not safe for women who are pregnant.
- Excess or wrong dosage can be very harmful and also can lead to bleeding in the gastrointestinal tract.
- Also, certain medicines are not safe for people with heart disease or who have undergone a heart attack or stroke.
- The above medications can also have side effects like nausea, excess sleeping, vomiting, dry mouth, etc.
Factors On Which Migraine Treatment Depends
It is not about direct treatment. Therefore, there are certain factors that the treatment of migraine might depend on.
- Frequency of migraine attacks
- Your age
- Types of migraine attacks
- How severe they are
- How long do they last
- Other problems they are accompanied with like nausea or vomiting
- The medications you are taking
- Lifestyle factors
Home Remedy For Migraine Symptoms
- You can lie down in a dark room relaxing and stress-free.
- Also, you can place a wet cloth on your forehead as it will make you feel relaxed.
- Do a nice and smooth massage on your temples, back neck, and forehead.
5 Things That Weaken Your Immunity
Well, a strong immune system is a key to a healthy you. So, in your daily life sometimes you might tend to do things that might weaken your immunity. To know, which mistakes you can watch this video by Dietitian Mac.
Frequently Answered Questions
Q. What Is The Difference Between Migraine Headache And Tension Headache?
Ans. The difference between both headaches is that, during a tension headache, there is a pain in the head on both sides and is therefore steady. While in a migraine, you can feel the symptoms like throbbing, inability to work, nausea, sensitivity to light and sound, and much more.
Q. Can Children Also Get Migraine Symptoms?
Ans. Well, yes and in them, the most common type is abdominal migraine. While, for children who are in their teens, it is a little difficult to find out which migraine they are going through as the headache occurs on both sides of the head and lasts for 2-72 hours.
Q. Which Yoga Exercise Is Good If You Have Migraine Symptoms?
Ans. Shashankasana or hare pose is the yoga that will, however, help you get relief if you have a migraine. In this, you have to lean your upper body forward and make your arms and forehead touch the floor.
Q. What Is The Main Cause Of Migraine Symptoms?
Ans. Well, the causes could be several but the main one is when the nerve signals are affected by the temporary abnormal brain activity and blood vessels in the brain.
Q. How Long Do The Migraine Symptoms Last?
Ans. The symptoms depend on a person to person and can, however, last for hours, days, or months.
Q. Is Stress One Of The Migraine Symptoms?
Ans. Yes, stress also, triggers migraine and can be bad for you if you don’t relax. Therefore, stress is the most common reason that trigger migraine in 80% of people.
Q. Which Foods Help Prevent Migraine Symptoms?
Ans. Foods that are magnesium rich and have omega-3 fatty acids help in the prevention of migraine symptoms. You can include dark leafy greens, avocado, and tuna in your diet.
Q. Which Foods Should Be Avoided During Migraine Symptoms?
Ans. Foods that have tyramine like cheese should not be a part of the diet. Also, smoke and alcohol should completely be avoided.
Q. How Can You Stop Migraine Symptoms?
Ans. Relaxing your tense muscles with heating packs and hot pads can help release the symptoms of migraine. You can also, take a shower as you will feel relaxed.
Q. Which Are The Most Painful Migraine Symptoms?
Ans. The migraine symptoms depend on the type of migraine you can have. Although the headache can be less severe on the other hand you might need a doctor if it gets severe.
Q. Which Are The Most Common Migraine Symptoms?
Ans. Well, migraine symptoms are, however, many. But the most common is the intense throbbing head pain. This pain can get very severe and can also, lead to nausea, vomiting, and sensitivity to light and sound.
Why waste money when you can cook a restaurant-style chicken at home? Yes, Fitelo presents you with a yummy and healthy recipe of chicken kali mirch that you and your family can relish in dinner. It is easy to cook and also, can become a perfect choice of recipe for a party at home.
Starting from a young age to an elderly one, you can hear them saying they have a migraine whether less severe or more severe. But to prevent it you will have to first make changes in your daily lifestyle and follow the precautions. So, never wait to take precautions or see a doctor even if for once you feel any of the migraine symptoms or causes. Therefore, Fitelo provides the best doctors along with dietitians to help you and let you stay healthy for life.
Contact Us Today
Your search to find the right guidance to be a part of all those fat-to-fit stories ends here. So, contact us today if you are looking for a diet plan with cheat meals. Also, we will discuss how we can help you achieve your weight loss goals.
This blog post was written to help you to make healthy and better food choices altogether. So, be aware and take care. The important thing to consider is your own health before starting a diet that is restrictive. Therefore, always seek advice from a doctor/dietitian before starting if you have any concerns.
Eat Healthy, Live Healthy. Enjoy a long happy life.