White sauce pasta is every household favorite. The creamy, rich,…
START YOUR FAT TO FIT JOURNEY WITH FITELO
- 50,000+ Happy Customers
- Serving in 57+ countries globally
- 4000+ online reviews with 4.5+ rating
Milagu Kuzhambu is one of the traditional kuzhambu. It is, however, made using black pepper and other ingredients.
This dish has a very dominant flavor of pepper and is often considered very good for the rainy season and to combat the cold.
The best part is that it is super easy, and quick to make and usually has longer shelf life compared to other kuzhambu varieties. You can either have it with or the best way to enjoy is with rice.
So, let us begin with the recipe and enjoy the flavors of the South sitting anywhere in the world.
How To Prepare Milagu Kuzhambu?
So, below are the steps you need to follow to make this amazing dish at home. Also, now add this to your weight loss diet.
Preparation for tamarind paste:
- Firstly, soak tamarind in warm water and extract the juice. Set aside.
- Secondly, heat the pan and add olive oil and saute the red chillis until the color of the red chili changes to light brown.
- Thirdly, add peppercorns, urad dal, channa dal, coriander seeds, and hing. Saute on medium heat.
- Now add the curry leaves and transfer them to a blender along with some water. Grind it to a fine paste.
|Tamarind||1 big size|
|Olive Oil||2 tsp|
|Urad Dal||2 tsp|
|Channa Dal||2 tsp|
|Coriander Seeds||2 tsp|
|Peppercorns||1 1/2 tsp|
For tempering, you need the below ingredients in the mentioned quantity.
|Olive Oil||1 tsp|
|Mustard Seeds||2 tsp|
START MAKING THE KUZHAMBU
- Heat the pan and add olive oil. Once the oil gets heated, add the mustard seeds. On sputtering add the curry leaves & a pinch of hing.
- Now add tamarind extract juice along with salt and allow it to boil for 5 minutes.
- Add the ground paste and stir well to make sure that the paste mixes well in the kuzhambu mixture.
- Keep the flame low, and stevia to it. Allow the kuzhambu to boil for at least 10 minutes.
Your Milagu Kuzhambu is ready to be served.
- You can store this dish in a refrigerator for 2 weeks.
- You can serve it with rice and a spoon of Gingelly oil with Appalam.
- Also, instead of stevia you can use jaggery but very little. To make the dish healthy we have used stevia because it is zero in calories.
Nutritional Value Of Milagu Kuzhambu
Here is the nutritional value of this recipe. But please note that it is the approximate value, and can vary with the quantity of ingredients you use.
Also, the value is according to the per serving.
South Indian Diet Plan
If you are bored of doing a regular diet that has Indian food then try the below South Indian Plan for weight loss.
Also, it will give you a good weight loss transformation, and to continue you can anytime get in contact with Fitelo’s dietitians and get a customized diet plan.
Today the fun fact is not something really fun. This is because people in summer tend to drink glucose or Gd and ignore the real refreshing drink, which is ganne ka juice.
However, it is time to step out of the world of myths and get to know the reality.
So, click here to know which is the healthier option to choose.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Milagu Kuzhambu Good For Weight Loss?
Yes, you can add this to your diet because it has a very few calories and contains a good amount of protein.
The Dish Milagu Kuzhambu Is Famous In Which City?
This is famous in South India, and is, however, made differently in every city of South.
What Is Milagu Kuzhambu?
Milagu Kuzhambu is also, called Pepper Kulambu and is a rice accompaniment prepared with pepper, curry leaves, and garlic.
Contact Us Today
If you like recipes shared by Fitelo and want to make fitness and food best friends. Then join our hands in making the world a healthier place, starting from you. We are always here for you so contact us our experts are here to help you with diets, health problems, and weight issues, your name will sort it.
This blog post was written to help you make healthy and better food choices altogether. So, be aware and take care. The important thing to consider is your own health before starting a diet that is restrictive. Always seek advice from a doctor/dietitian before starting if you have any concerns.