White sauce pasta is every household favorite. The creamy, rich,…
START YOUR FAT TO FIT JOURNEY WITH FITELO
- 25,000+ Happy Customers
- Serving in 57+ countries globally
- 4000+ online reviews with 4.5+ rating
Have to lose weight but can’t compromise with taste? The solution is Fitelo style Millet recipe for weight loss. Direct from south to mouth. Reboot yourself with the sixth most important cereal grain of the World “The Millet”.
- To begin with the millet recipe for weight loss, soak 3/4 cup little millet for 30 minutes. Then drain off the water.
- Meanwhile, heat a pan and add split yellow moong dal. Dry roast it for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and wash the roasted moong dal. Keep it aside.
- Now in a pressure cooker, add washed moong dal and little millet. Mix it well and add 3 cups of water. Cover the lid and pressure cook it for three whistles.
- Afterward, let the steam settle down on its own. Then open the lid carefully and mix again. And keep it aside for a time.
- Again heat another pan on medium flame. Add a tbsp. of ghee.
- As ghee gets melted add cumin, turmeric powder, black pepper, green chili, grated ginger, and cashews. Stir well until it splutters and cashews turn golden.
- Further, add curry leaves and Hing. Sauté it for a minute.
- On it, add cooked moong dal and millet mixture. Pour water as per requirement.
- Mix everything well and sprinkle salt on it. Just give a quick mix.
- Then, turn off the heat. Now add grated dry coconut and spread a tbsp. of ghee on it. Gently mix once.
- Finally, the delicious and healthy little millet pongal is ready to serve.
- Don’t forget to add this to your favorite Millet Recipes list.
Health Benefits Of Millet Recipe For Weight Loss
- In terms of nutritional richness, Little millet is a health bomb.
- Loaded with fibers and numerous minerals, Little Millets are an excellent option for weight loss. They help to reduce the degree of overweight and obesity.
- Apart from being a good source of protein and fiber, it is also high in calcium and iron. Iron helps to avoid anemia and enhances the immune system.
- The Little Millets contain essential components such as B-complex vitamins, essential amino acids, and minerals.
- Study says that consuming little millet can reduce both LDL and total cholesterol levels, which reduces the risk of heart diseases.
- In addition, Little Millet is gluten-free and rich in dietary fiber, which speeds up digestion.
- Moreover, Little Millets prevents gall stones and helps in detoxification.
Nutritional Facts Of Millet Recipe For Weight Loss (per 100 gm)
- Calories 329kcal
- Protein 7.7gms
- Fiber 7.6gms
- Minerals 1.5gms
- Iron 9.3 mg
- Calcium 17mg
FAQ: Which millet is best for making Pongal?
There is no such special kind of millet for making Pongal. When it comes to Millet Pongal, any small millet like foxtail, little, barnyard, proso, and Kodo millet can be used. Also, they go well with the meal and are easy to digest. The procedure for making Pongal is the same for all types of millets used. You can try much more millet recipes with the same method.
Yummy Recipes From Our Kitchen like Millet Recipe For Weight Loss
Inspiring Transformation Stories
- Healthy Life, Healthy Mind! Read Divya’s inspiring story
- Join our Fat Loss Program and Get Fitter Like Pragya from Delhi! Join Now
- Lose weight with our nutritionist for PCOS just like Muskaan did! Join Fitelo
Our Blogs Ka Pitara
- Is upma good for weight loss? Try these Weight loss Upma Recipes
- Apple Cider Vinegar For Weight Loss – Is It Worth The Hype?
- Diet Plan for Fatty Liver
“Bajre da sitta, ve assan tali te maroreya, ruthda janda mahiya”. All of us are well-versed with this trending song. But, Do we know the benefits of Millet, this is Boon.
Contact Us Today
Your search for weight loss consultants ends here. So, Contact us today if you are looking for a Diet Plan with cheat meals. Also, we will discuss how we can help you in achieving your weight loss goals.
All recipes from FITELO’S kitchen are devised to suit specific needs. So, what may suit one condition may not be applicable to the other. Hence, always consult your nutritionist or dietitian before adding any recipe to your diet.