Kulcha, a mildly leavened flatbread variety, is an invention of…
START YOUR FAT TO FIT JOURNEY WITH FITELO
- 50,000+ Happy Customers
- Serving in 57+ countries globally
- 4000+ online reviews with 4.5+ rating
India’s love for parathas is undeniable. Often considered a guilty pleasure due to their reputation, we present to you the Mix Veg Paratha, a delightful contradiction that’s both delicious and nutritious.
Imagine the goodness of whole wheat embracing a colorful medley of vegetables, creating a symphony of flavors that don’t compromise health. It’s a chance to relish the best of both worlds, enjoying every bite without worry.
How To Make Mix Veg Paratha Recipe?
Here are the healthy recipe instructions. It is easy to make this mix veg paratha recipe at home.
- Firstly, in a mixing bowl add whole wheat flour with a sprinkle of salt. Now gradually add water and knead until you have a soft dough. Cover the dough with a wet cloth and set it aside.
- Now for making the vegetable filling, heat the pan over medium heat and add oil or ghee. Then add cumin powder (or cumin seeds), chopped onions, and finely chopped green chilies. Sauté until the onions are transparent
- Now add the finely chopped carrots, peas, beans, corn, turmeric powder and salt according to taste. Cook the vegetables until they become tender. Once done, set the filling aside
- Further, for making the parathas firstly we will take a small piece of dough and roll it into a ball. Flatten the ball and roll it out into a small circle on a floured surface.
- Now place a spoonful of the prepared vegetable filling in the center of the dough circle.
- Then fold the edges of the dough over the filling, create a pouch, and then seal it.
- Gently roll out the stuffed dough into a paratha.
- Warm a pan or tawa over medium heat. Cook the paratha till bubbles appear on the surface.
- Brush some ghee or olive oil on top of the paratha.
- Cook until golden and crispy on both sides. Repeat for the remaining parathas.
Tip: You can serve your mix veg parathas with ginger pickles or yogurt.
Benefits Of Mix Veg Paratha
Here are some benefits which you get from the amazing mix veg paratha ingredients we have used in this recipe, which are beneficial for your healthy diet plan.
- This paratha is made with whole wheat flour, which is a good source of dietary fiber, essential nutrients, and complex carbohydrates. The mixed vegetables provide a variety of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants, contributing to overall health.
- Whole wheat flour and mixed vegetables are rich in dietary fiber, which helps you feel full and satisfied for longer periods. This can aid in controlling hunger and preventing overeating, which is beneficial for weight management.
- This recipe uses minimal oil or ghee for cooking, making it a lower-calorie option compared to deep-fried alternatives. The focus on vegetables further reduces the calorie content while providing essential nutrients.
- Whole wheat flour provides complex carbohydrates that are digested slowly, leading to sustained energy levels. Dieses can prevent sudden spikes and crashes in blood sugar, promoting stable energy throughout the day
- Spices like turmeric and green chilies used in the recipe have potential metabolic benefits. Turmeric contains curcumin, which may aid metabolism, and green chilies contain capsaicin, known for its potential to boost metabolism.
- The mixed vegetable filling adds delicious flavors to the parathas, making them enjoyable and satisfying. Dieses can help curb cravings for less healthy options.
- Incorporating these mixed vegetable parathas into a balanced diet can support weight loss by providing a satisfying and nutrient-dense meal. The combination of whole grains, vegetables, and controlled portions can contribute to a calorie deficit, which is essential for losing weight.
Here is the approximate nutritional value of the mix veg paratha. The values may vary depending on the ingredients and quantities you are opting for.
|Nutrients||Values (1 Serving)|
Try Some Other Recipes
Here are some other lunch ideas for delicious and healthy paratha recipes which you can try.
Do you know flaxseed’s high dietary fiber content can aid weight loss by promoting a feeling of fullness and supporting better appetite control? To learn more, click here.
Read the amazing transformation journies of powerful women who did the jaw-dropping transportation and inspired many lives around him.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Whole Wheat Flour A Healthier Option For Parathas?
Yes, whole wheat flour provides more fiber, vitamins, and minerals to parathas than refined flour. The additional fiber content aids digestion and helps to keep blood sugar levels stable. Whole-wheat flour is a better option for general health.
Can I Freeze Leftover Parathas?
Absolutely leftover parathas can be frozen. Allow to cool fully before stacking with parchment paper in between and storing in an airtight container or freezer bag. Simply reheat them on a tawa (griddle) or in the microwave, and they’re ready to eat.
Can We Eat Mix Veg Paratha For Weight Loss?
Absolutely, mix veg parathas can be a good addition to a weight-loss diet. They’re made with nutrient-rich ingredients, controlled oil usage, and high fiber content. However, portion control and overall calorie intake are crucial. Pair the parathas with a balanced diet and regular exercise for effective weight loss.
Contact Us Today
If you are looking for recipes that taste delicious and healthy then the right place. So connect with us in making the world a healthier place, starting with you. We are always here for you so contact us our experts are here to help you with diets, health problems, and weight issues, your name will sort it.
This blog post was written to help you make healthy and better food choices altogether. So, be aware and take care. The important thing to consider is your own health before starting a diet that is restrictive. Always seek advice from a doctor/dietitian before starting if you have any concerns.
Eat Healthy, Live Healthy as well as Enjoy a long happy life