Idli also called rice cake, is arguably one of the…
START YOUR FAT TO FIT JOURNEY WITH FITELO
- 50,000+ Happy Customers
- Serving in 57+ countries globally
- 4000+ online reviews with 4.5+ rating
Imagine taking a tasty journey to Bengal, where food is a blend of tradition and deliciousness. Mocha Ghonto is a special dish that lets you explore the heart of Bengali cooking.
It’s a wholesome curry made with banana blossoms (yes, you heard it right), and it’s a real treat for your taste buds. It combines banana blossoms with a mix of spices and a touch of coconut for a comforting and flavorful meal.
How To Make Mocha Ghonto?
A traditional Bengali dish made from banana flowers (mocha) and is often enjoyed as a side dish in Bengali cuisine.
Here’s a recipe for 2 servings:
For Preparing the Banana Flower:
- Start by preparing the banana flower. Remove the outer bracts (large, dark purple leaves) until you reach the tender, pale-colored leaves.
- As you remove each leaf, you’ll see small florets attached to the stem. Remove and discard the florets.
- Slice the tender banana flower leaves into thin strips and immediately soak them in a bowl of water with some salt and turmeric to prevent discoloration.
- Boil the sliced banana flower in salted water for about 10-15 minutes until they become tender. Drain and set them aside.
- In a pan, heat 2-3 tablespoons of mustard oil. Mustard oil adds an authentic Bengali flavor, but it has a strong taste. If you prefer a milder taste, use a different cooking oil.
- Add the diced potatoes and sauté until they become slightly golden.
- Add the finely chopped onions and green chilies. Sauté until the onions become soft and translucent.
- Stir in the boiled and drained banana flower slices and mix well.
- Add turmeric powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, red chili powder, and salt. Mix all the ingredients together.
- Cover the pan and cook over low heat until the potatoes and banana flowers are tender, stirring occasionally. You may need to add a little water to prevent sticking.
- Once it is is cooked and the flavors are well incorporated, garnish with fresh coriander leaves if desired.
- Serve this hot as a side dish with steamed rice for an authentic Bengali meal.
nutritional values for a typical serving of this, Bengali dish made with banana blossoms:
|Nutrient||Amount per Serving (Approximate)|
Please note that these values are approximate and can vary based on the specific ingredients, portion size, and cooking method used in the recipe.
Incredible Weight Loss Journey Of Komal
Today, let’s read about the incredible transformation and how we recommend she follow a diet plan for weight loss for females. This success story of Komal whose full name is ‘Komaldeep’ who lost 14 Kg in just 90 days without any workout.
Sabudana has more than 266 kcal calories than Maggi, same with fat- it has more than 18.5 g than Maggie per 100 g.
Frequently Asked Questions:
What Are Banana Blossoms, And Where Can I Find Them?
Banana blossoms, known as “mocha” in Bengali, are the edible flowers from a banana plant. You can often find them in Asian or Indian grocery stores, particularly those that cater to Bengali.
Is Mocha Ghonto A Vegetarian Dish?
Yes, it is a vegetarian dish. It features banana blossoms, potatoes, and a range of spices but no meat.
Can I Adjust The Spice Level In This Recipe?
Yes, you can adjust the spice level to your preference by adding more or less red chili powder and green chilies. If you prefer a milder taste, you can reduce the spice content.
Are There Any Specific Side Dishes That Go Well With This Dish?
It is typically served with steamed white rice, but you can also enjoy it with bread, roti, or paratha. A simple cucumber salad or yogurt raita makes a great accompaniment.
Contact Us Today
If you are looking for recipes that taste delicious and healthy then the right place. So connect with us in making the world a healthier place, starting with you. We are always here for you so contact us our experts are here to help you with diets, health problems, and weight issues, your name will sort it.
This blog post was written to help you make healthy and better food choices altogether. So, be aware and take care. The important thing to consider is your health before starting a diet that is restrictive. Always seek advice from a doctor/dietitian before starting if you have any concerns.
Eat Healthy, Live Healthy as well as Enjoy a long happy life