Kulcha, a mildly leavened flatbread variety, is an invention of…
Table of content
START YOUR FAT TO FIT JOURNEY WITH FITELO
- 35,000+ Happy Customers
- Serving in 57+ countries globally
- 4000+ online reviews with 4.5+ rating
Have you ever thought, about how beautiful nature is and has so much to offer you? Or have you ever stood in front of a tree watching its leaves and just gazing at them? Well, most of you must have surely, done this who probably love nature but the question here is, are these leaves just worth looking at or it has something else also, to give you? Well, of course, they have! For an instance talking about a drumstick tree, has beautiful leaves, but apart from that, they have a lot to offer your health. Yes, moringa leaves benefits will for sure amaze you, and you will start adding these leaves to your diet.
What Are Moringa Leaves?
Moringa leaves belong to the Moraceae family and are a fast-growing tree. Also, do you know, the Moringa tree is also known as the ‘miracle tree?’ Yes, because its leaves have medicinal properties and there are several uses for them. However, moringa leaves are also known as drumsticks and are found mostly in Asia, Africa, and South America. They help fight infections and have man, heal bruises, wounds, etc. So, to know more drumstick leaves benefits, continue reading.
Health Benefits Of Moringa Leaves
They are small in size but there are several uses of moringa leaves that will surprise you as you might not be aware of how these eaves benefit your body.
1. Rich In Nutrients
This is one of the reasons, that you must add moringa leaves to your diet every day.
- Moringa leaves contain a good amount of vitamins C, A, B1, B2, B3, B6, and Folate.
- Also, they are rich in magnesium, iron, calcium, phosphorus, and zinc.
- Protein: 2 grams
- Vitamin B6: 19%
- Vitamin C: 12%
- Iron: 11%
- Riboflavin B2: 11%
- Vitamin A: 9%
- Magnesium: 8%
2. Rich In Antioxidants
They are packed with antioxidants, which further help your body in the below ways.
- Being rich in antioxidants, moringa leaves protect your body from chronic diseases and type 2 diabetes.
- It also contains quercetin and chlorogenic acid, which further help lower blood pressure and also, moderate blood sugar levels.
3. Lower Blood Sugar Levels
Well, it is time to add moringa leaves to the diet plan for high blood pressure because,
- Increased blood sugar results in diabetes, therefore, consuming moringa leaves helps lower blood pressure.
- Also, as they contain isothiocyanates, they help stabilize sugar levels.
4. Reduces Inflammation
Why go to the doctor, when you have natural ways to get rid of inflammation?
- Inflammation can lead to certain types of cancer, heart diseases, arthritis, and rheumatoid arthritis and to prevent these, it is good to add moringa leaves to your diet.
- Also, they contain isothiocyanates and niazimicin that fight inflammation.
5. Lower Cholesterol Levels
Food that lowers cholesterol, is obviously beneficial for health.
- Increased cholesterol also, increases the risk of heart disease, hence, it is good to add moringa leaves to your diet.
- Moringa oleifera helps lower cholesterol levels and protect you against the risk of heart disease and is also, good for pregnant women.
6. Improve Lactation
Eating these leaves by women during breastfeeding, is very beneficial, know-how.
- Moringa leaves were earlier used as Ayurvedic medicine to increase lactation in nursing women.
- Moreover, they are rich in nutrients and protein and have several health benefits.
7. Helps In Weight Management
Drumstick leaves for weight loss make them the best food.
- Also, adding these leaves to your meal is one of the beneficial tips for weight loss as it helps in reducing fat without depleting energy reserves.
- Moreover, they keep your body nourished, reduce cravings and boost metabolism.
- Moringa leaves also, lower cholesterol levels, keeping you healthy overall.
8. Good For Skin And Hair
If you want a good texture of hair and skin, start eating moringa leaves.
- Being rich in antioxidants and nutrients gives your skin and hair a shining appearance.
- Also, they reduce wrinkles and fine lines, helping in early aging.
- You can, moreover, apply the paste of moringa leaves on the scalp before washing your hair, as they help in reducing dandruff also.
- Moringa leaves also, make your hair look full of life and remove the dullness from them, strengthening the hair follicles.
- Moringa leaves are used in several cosmetics because they have therapeutic properties which further, help the skin glow and prevent acne.
9. Moringa Leaves Benefits Nervous System
Moringa leaves work for all over health, including the nervous system.
- Moringa leaves are rich in vitamin E and vitamin C and work as neuroenhancers, which makes your brain strong.
- Moreover, people with recurring headaches or migraine symptoms should definitely eat moringa leaves.
- Moringa leaves help to stabilize the production of neurotransmitters like serotonin, dopamine, and noradrenaline which are further, important for your mood, memory, and stimulus-response.
10. Helps Detoxify Your Body
Moringa leaves are the best way to detox your body.
- Moringa leaves are, good to add to your diet, as they help detoxify your body acting as a natural cleanser.
- Also, they help prevent your immunity system from various infections and increase energy levels.
Benefits Of Moringa Leaves Medically
- Drinking moringa juice, however, prevents blindness in children and improves immunity.
- Also, it helps prevent anemia in children when taking its juice with a bit of salt.
- You can also make a face pack out of these leaves mixing some lemon as it improves the complexion.
- It also cures stomatitis if you chew them.
- Moreover, mixing these leaves with curd is also helpful for ulcer patients.
- These can be used as a cardiac tonic, and are also, further beneficial for splenic problems.
- If you mix its juice with milk, it, moreover, helps in the healthy growth of children.
How To Stop Junk Food Cravings?
The yummy food is something that is difficult to say no to, but in the end, you have to stay healthy. So, Dietitian Mac will tell you how to control your cravings and make a healthy shift.
Moringa Leaves Nutrition
Below are the nutritional value and the minerals of moringa leaves. Know how rich they are!
|Calories – 64 kcal|
|Total Carbs – 8.28 g|
|Dietary Fiber – 2.00 g|
|Total Fat – 1.40 g|
|Protein – 9.40 g|
|Vitamin C – 51.70 g|
|Vitamin B6 – 1.20 mg|
|Niacin – 2.22 mg|
Minerals In Moringa Leaves
Earlier we talked about nutrition, now let us see in which minerals these leaves are rich.
|Calcium – 185 mg|
|Iron – 4 mg|
|Magnesium – 42 mg|
|Phosphorus – 112 mg|
|Potassium – 337 mg|
|Sodium – 9 mg|
|Zinc – 0.60 mg|
|Copper – 0.11 mg|
|Manganese – 1.06 mg|
Moringa Leaves Recipe
You can try this easy recipe, and have it with any of your favorite meals to add flavor.
- Firstly, clean all the leaves and chop off the shallots and thick sprigs.
- Secondly, in a bowl add chopped shallots, moringa leaves, grated coconut, turmeric powder, and salt. Mix well.
- Thirdly, on a medium flame place a pan, and to it add chopped onions, shallots, and moringa leaves. Stir well.
- Serve these hot stir-fried moringa leaves with any of your meals.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Can You Eat Moringa Leaves Daily?
Ans: Yes, it is safe to consume moringa leaves every day as it is, however, packed with nutrients and are beneficial for people who have high blood sugar and cholesterol.
Q: How Many Moringa Leaves You Should Take In A Day?
Ans: You should take 500mg of Moringa leaf extract or 3g of Moringa seeds per day. You can, however, be taken in powder form or add them to your tea or sabzi.
Q: Which Is The Right Time To Take Moringa Leaves?
Ans: However, the right time to consume moringa leaves is in the morning.
Moringa leaves are anti-inflammatory in nature and provide a powerful punch of nutrition. They are, however, the superfood as they combine antioxidative properties with cellular-health protective properties. Also, they help lower blood sugar levels and suppress the production of inflammatory enzymes. However, Fitelo, tells you many moringa leaves benefits, that you might not be aware of but in reality, you should know. So, now is the time to start adding them to your diet and, make yourself healthy.
Are you one of those who want to lose weight quickly? Well, then this recipe is for you- green tea pear smoothie. This is refreshing, hydrating, and perfect for weight loss. Moreover, it is very easy to make and ingredients used in this are easily available in the market and surely, will be there at your home also.
Contact Us Today
Your search to find the right guidance to be a part of all those fat-to-fit stories ends here. So, contact us today if you are looking for a diet plan with cheat meals. Also, we will discuss how we can help you achieve your weight loss goals.
This blog post was written to help you to make healthy and better food choices altogether. So, be aware and take care. The important thing to consider is your own health before starting a diet that is restrictive. Always seek advice from a doctor/dietitian before starting if you have any concerns.
Eat Healthy, Live Healthy. Enjoy a long happy life.