Kulcha, a mildly leavened flatbread variety, is an invention of…
START YOUR FAT TO FIT JOURNEY WITH FITELO
- 50,000+ Happy Customers
- Serving in 57+ countries globally
- 4000+ online reviews with 4.5+ rating
Fan of kebabs, today we have a delicious mushroom kebab recipe for you! These kebabs from the heart of the Mediterranean are a healthy, delicious vegetarian alternative to traditional grilled skewers.
However, these kebabs, bursting with umami-rich mushrooms, aromatic herbs, and tempting spices, offer a delectable experience that will leave you wanting more. Prepare to enjoy a symphony of flavors as each bite transports you to a realm of gourmet delight.
How To Make Mushroom Kebab Recipe At Home?
Here are the easy steps to make this mouthwatering mushroom kebab recipe which is healthy and can also easily be included in a weight loss diet chart.
- In a pan add the besan (gram flour) and roast it over low to medium heat. Roast until it gets light golden and emits a nutty scent. Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Roast and grind the spices: Add the green and black cardamom pods, as well as the bay leaf pieces and curry leaves, to the same pan. Dry roast until aromatic. Allow the roasted spices and curry leaves to cool slightly. Then, using a spice grinder, finely ground them.
- Clean the mushrooms to eliminate any dirt or debris. Finely mince them using a knife or a food processor. Make sure the mushrooms are completely dry to avoid unnecessary moisture in the kebab mixture.
- In a pan add one tablespoon of olive oil and heat it on medium heat and add the onions, Sauté the finely chopped onions till golden brown and caramelized. Set them aside to cool.
- Make the spice mixture: In a small mixing dish, combine the cinnamon powder, turmeric powder, and salt to taste. Add the ground cardamom, bay leaf, and curry leaf mixture to this spice mixture.
- Prepare the kebab mixture by combining the minced mushrooms, roasted onions, roasted besan, and spice combination in a mixing bowl. The roasted besan will serve as glue.
- Form the kebabs by using a tiny amount of the mushroom mixture, form a kebab or patty. Continue shaping the kebabs with the remaining ingredients.
- To cook the kebabs, heat a nonstick pan over medium heat and coat the bottom with olive oil. Cook the mushroom kebabs in the pan until golden brown and crisp on both sides. Your mushroom kebabs are ready.
- If you like, you may also grill them, air fry them.
- Serve the healthy mushroom kebabs hot with your favorite dipping sauce or mint chutney.
Health Benefits Of Mushroom Kebab Recipe
Here are some benefits we can get from this delicious and healthy mushroom kebab recipe, which you can include in your fat-loss diet plan.
- Mushrooms are a rich, low-calorie source of fiber, protein, and antioxidants.
- The anti-inflammatory effect of mushrooms has shown some improvement in the efficiency of the immune system.
- The fiber content of besan flour keeps cholesterol levels under control and helps in the proper functioning of the heart and healthy blood circulation.
- Also, Besan is one of the best home remedies to control Diabetes. The lower level of glycemic index, thus, keeps Diabetes in check.
- Bay leaves help to relieve symptoms of indigestion and other stomach-related ailments.
- Moreover, bay leaves are good to be useful in the treatment of migraines.
Nutritional Value Of Mushroom Kebab Recipe
Here is the approximate nutritional value of the above recipe (According to 3 pcs per serving). The values may vary depending on the quantity and ingredients you are choosing.
|Ingredients||Value (3 Piece)|
Some Other Recipes You Can Try
Here are some other recipes you can make using mushrooms these recipes are not only yummy but also very healthy which you can include in your diet plan for weight loss.
Are you also among the ones that rely on supplements to compensate for the loss of vital nutrients and vitamins? Then this post is for you. Know how you can improve your Vitamin D intake by natural means.
This is the story of Shahid who did an amazing transformation and lost 15 kgs in just 100 days, bizarre isn’t it? To know more read his full transformation journey.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are Mushroom Kebabs A Healthy Option?
Yes, mushroom kebabs can be a healthy option as mushrooms are low in calories and high in nutrients, such as fiber, vitamins, and minerals. However, the nutritional value can vary depending on the marinade and cooking method.
What Are Some Good Marinades For Mushroom Kebabs?
Some good marinades for mushroom kebabs include lemon and herb, garlic and balsamic, and soy and ginger. These marinades can add flavor and nutrition to the kebabs without adding excess calories or unhealthy fats.
How Do You Cook Mushroom Kebabs?
Mushroom kebabs can be cooked on a grill, in the oven, or on a stovetop griddle. It’s important to ensure that the mushrooms are cooked thoroughly and have a nice char on the outside while still being tender on the inside.
Can Mushroom Kebabs Be A Good Vegetarian Or Vegan Option For A Barbecue?
Yes, mushroom kebabs can be a great vegetarian or vegan option for a barbecue as they provide a meaty texture and can be seasoned and grilled just like meat. They can also be served with mint chutney and sides to create a flavorful and satisfying meal.
Contact Us Today
We understand it is a bit tricky which diet plan will work for you and which will not, it can be complicated and confusing, and you need to consult a professional. So, contact us today if you are looking for a customized diet plan or any diet plans, and we will help you fulfill your New Year’s resolution.
This blog post was written to help you to make healthy and better food choices. So, be aware and take care. The important thing to consider is your health before starting a restrictive diet. Always seek advice from a doctor/dietitian before starting if you have any concerns.
Eat Healthy, Live Healthy. Enjoy a long happy life.