Idli also called rice cake, is arguably one of the…
1 hour 30 minutes
START YOUR FAT TO FIT JOURNEY WITH FITELO
- 50,000+ Happy Customers
- Serving in 57+ countries globally
- 4000+ online reviews with 4.5+ rating
Introducing a healthy spin on the timeless classic, mutton curry, renowned for its rich flavors and regional diversity throughout the Indian subcontinent. Whether it’s the North Indian Mutton Masala, South Indian Mutton, Kashmiri Rogan Josh, or Hyderabadi Gosht, this dish exemplifies the diverse tapestry of Indian cuisine. Let’s delve into the recipe, and explore the numerous benefits, and together, that promise to satisfy your cravings while supporting your wellness goals.
How To Make Easy Mutton Curry Recipe?
Here are the easy instructions to create this easy mutton recipe:
- First, in a large and heavy-bottomed pot heat the olive oil add the finely chopped onions, and saute until they become soft and translucent.
- Add the ginger and garlic paste and cook for a couple of minutes until the raw smell disappears.
- Now add the mutton pieces (washed) and fry until they start to brown. This will take about 5-7 minutes.
- Add turmeric powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, red chili powder, and salt. Cook for other minutes to let the spices coat the mutton.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and cook until they turn soft and become mushy.
- Now add the water and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until the mutton is soft and thoroughly cooked.
- Once the mutton is tender and the curry has thickened, remove it from heat. And Garnish with fresh coriander leaves.
- Add more water if needed to prevent sticking or drying out.
- Adjust salt and spices according to your taste.
- Serve your healthy mutton curry with steamed brown rice, whole wheat roti, or a simple green salad for a balanced and weight-loss-friendly meal.
Here is the approximate nutritional value:
|Nutrients||Values (250 g)|
Please Note: Values may vary depending on the ingredients and quantity you are choosing.
Health Benefits Of Mutton Curry
Here are a few health benefits you can get with this amazing and wholesome mutton recipe.
- Rich In Protein: Mutton is a high-quality source of protein, which is necessary for muscle growth and repair.
- Weight Loss Support: Mutton is lean meat, and a high-protein diet has been demonstrated to assist in weight loss by increasing satiety and improving metabolism.
- Iron Content: Mutton contains heme iron, which is easily absorbed by the body and helps prevent iron-deficient anemia.
- Vitamins And Minerals: Mutton is high in critical vitamins like B12 and B3, as well as minerals like zinc, selenium, and phosphorus, all of which contribute to general health and well-being.
- Healthy Fats: While mutton contains fat, it is high in healthful monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats that promote heart health.
- Collagen Production: Mutton includes collagen, which is beneficial to skin, joint, and bone health.
Note: Enjoy it in moderation as part of a balanced diet to reap these advantages.
Try Some Other Recipe From Fitelo
Here are some recipes from Fitelo that you can try at home. These recipes are thoughtfully crafted to not only tantalize your taste buds but also to promote your well-being and keep you on the path to good health.
1. Nutri Keema Recipe
Nutri keema recipe is a vegetarian version of the most loved and popular mutton keema. This veg Nutri keema is made up of soya chunks and is extremely delicious.
2. Chicken Curry Recipe
This recipe has fewer spices and all healthy ingredients and you can enjoy it with any side dish of your choice. So, what are you waiting for? Try it now and make your dinner a yummy meal.
Weight Loss Transformation Of Anuja
Here is the transformation story of Anuja from Patiala, who, through unwavering dedication and perseverance, managed to shed an incredible 21 kgs in just three months.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Can I Make The Mutton Curry Less Spicy For A Milder Taste?
To reduce spiciness, you can adjust the amount of chili or use milder chili varieties, like paprika, and balance with yogurt or cream.
How Can I Ensure That Mutton Is Cooked To Perfection And Tender?
Simmering mutton over low heat, marinating it, and using a pressure cooker can help achieve tender, perfectly cooked mutton.
Contact Us Today
We’re never leaving you hanging with doubts, queries, or confusing questions. We understand how all this information gets overwhelming as well as a little confusing on your way to a healthy lifestyle. Hence, you can always contact us anytime as our experts are here to guide you 24/7. Also, we will help you achieve your weight loss goals.
This blog post is to help you to make healthy and better food choices. So, be aware and take care. The important thing to consider is your health before starting a restrictive diet. Always seek advice from a doctor/dietitian before starting if you have any concerns.
Eat Healthy, Live Healthy as well, and Enjoy a long happy life.