White sauce pasta is every household favorite. The creamy, rich,…
Table of content
START YOUR FAT TO FIT JOURNEY WITH FITELO
- 25,000+ Happy Customers
- Serving in 57+ countries globally
- 4000+ online reviews with 4.5+ rating
In India, Navratri is regarded as one of the most auspicious occasions. Navratri fever is about to take us in a few days and we are all set to put our best foot and outfit out. Navratri is the time for Indians to celebrate, worship, and fast.
Although Navratri 2021 was spent at home because of Covid, that is what makes Navratri 2022 more special. While most people are excited about celebrating it with their families and some others are focusing on losing weight during these 9 days. Today, we are sharing a customised Navratri diet plan for weight loss in 9 days to make your weight loss journey smooth and achievable during your fasting period.
Let’s dive into:
Why You Should Try Navratri Diet For Weight loss?
Navratri’s 9-day fasting is the best time to lose weight. This is the time when you can shed those extra kilos, and detox your body because the food we eat (falahar) during Navratri is super healthy, light, and simple.
Navratri Diet For Weightloss: 9-Day Fasting Diet Plan
Each year, Navratri occurs twice. One occurs during the March-April month, which is known as Chaitra Navratri, and the other during the September month, which is Sharad Navratri. Instead of this, there is Gupt Navratri too. And as everyone knows, these months are when the weather changes and viruses like the cold and flu strike.
So, Navratri fasting actually helps us to boost our immune system to fight foreign viruses. Many of us think that Navratri fasting can weaken our immunity. But, there is a scientific reason behind it that it actually boosts your immunity. So, in Navratri fasting helps us in many ways. Let’s find out the best benefits of the Navratri diet.
Navratri Diet Chart
Fasting doesn’t mean meal skipping or restriction. Here is the Navratri fasting diet chart you must follow this Navratri. You can tailor the food options as per your choice. Let’s find out:
- Meal 1/Early Morning
Lemon Water/Cardamom (Elaichi) Water + 4 Almonds + Apple/Papaya
(15 Minutes After Lemon Water/Elaichi Water)
- Meal 2/Breakfast
Fruit Chat/Papaya/Apple/Strawberry Curd Smoothie/Anar Raita
Coconut Water + 3 Almonds + 1 Walnut
- Meal 4/Lunch
Day1: Alu Raita
Day2: Paneer Tikka/Grilled Paneer
Day3: Anar Raita + Kutu Roti (Buckwheat)
Day4: Tofu (Not For Thyroid/Pcod/Pcos)/Paneer Burji
Day5: Sabudana Khichdi + Curd
Day6: Samak Rice + Curd
Day7: Raita/Makhane Ki Subzi + Buckwheat Chappati
Day8: Amaranth (Rajgira) Chapati + Aloo Subzi
Day9: Buckwheat (Kuttu) Porridge
- Meal 5/Early Evening
Lassi + Fruits + 5 Makhane (Fox Nuts)
- Meal 6/Late Evening
Green Tea+Lemon + 5 Almonds
- Meal 7/Dinner
Apple/ Peach Stew Or You Can Repeat Breakfast
Or sauteed Vegetables (No Salt)
Or Ghiya Kheer (No Sugar) Or Buckwheat Curry
- Meal 8/Post Dinner
Hot Water + Lemon
Note: You can have fruits except for Banana, sapodilla (Chikoo), Grapes, and Mango. Tofu &
Broccoli should not be consumed by Thyroid and Pcod/Pcos patients.
Benefits Of The Navratri Diet For Weight Loss
Navratri’s diet plan is like a normal diet plan for weight loss. It’s not about skipping meals or starving. Here below are the benefits of Navratri diet pan.
- A study shows that a minimum 3-day fast can actually reset your Immune System if done in the right manner.
- During fasting, the count of white blood cells in your body decreases which triggers your immune system to produce more white blood cells. Hence your immunity becomes more responsive.
- Skin is one of the ways by which a virus or bacteria can enter your body. Moreover, fasting induces skin healing and prevents patchy and dry skin.
- Food is another way by which a virus or bacteria can enter your body. While fasting you are giving your digestive system enough time to remove the toxins and wastes thus enhancing your Gut’s capability to fight against Pathogens.
Navratri Special Weight loss Tips
If you are trying the Navratri diet For weight loss, keep in mind these tips.
- Firstly, do not consume processed juices as they have a high amount of sugar and there is no fiber content.
- Also, be careful of the Navratri thali that you order, there is a lot of scope of adulteration in those and we don’t know the ingredients used in making it.
- When you fast your body is dehydrated, hence you feel low and start binging on junk food and gain weight. therefore do not starve your body instead have something healthy.
- Add nuts to your diet like almonds and walnuts. If you can have it after soaking it for a while, it will add fiber and keep you full for a longer time.
- Moreover, you can try vegetables like pumpkin and make Pumpkin Halwa or weight loss pumpkin paratha.
- Don’t take long gaps in meals. It can cause acidity and bloat.
- Don’t sleep immediately after your last meal.
- Seasonal fruits like papaya fruit, pineapple, apple, and pears are helpful. These can be had in the form of shakes and smoothies like peach smoothies etc.
- Also, stay active throughout the day. People tend to feel they are low on food so they should not do workouts. While this is true, you should keep yourself active throughout the day.
- Try to make your Navratri thali at home rather than ordering from outside or eating processed food.
Do’s And Don’t Of Navratri Diet Plan
Anyone can go for Navratri fasting. But there are a few tips we should be aware of. Follow these steps while you are on Navratri Diet For Weight loss.
- Avoid processed food
- Stay Hydrated
- Have Enough Nuts
- Have Enough Fruits and Vegetables
- Have a Balanced Diet
- Keep Moving
- Don’t sleep right after you eat
- Also, don’t eat too much while breaking the fast
- Don’t eat processed and packaged food
Navratri Recipes For Weight Loss By Fitelo
Here are a few simple and delicious recipes by Fitelo for Navratri Diet For Weight loss.
1. Navratri Thali
Navratri Thali is a special vrat thali, it is a wholesome vegetarian meal, which is packed with nutrients and is considered perfect for weight loss.
2. Apple/Peach Stew Recipe
- Firstly, peel the apple/peach and remove the seeds and mash them.
- Then. put them on gas and cover them with a lid.
- Now, add 1/2 tbsp of nutmeg and cinnamon.
- You can also add stevia as per your taste.
- Then, cook for 5-10 minutes until it forms a creamy texture.
Why is Navratri celebrated?
Navratri is a 9-day festival celebrated across India to worship goddess Durga and her 9 avatars.
What is Navratri?
Navratri is an auspicious Indian festival that is celebrated for a period of 9 days wherein Indians worship and celebrate the Goddess Durga.
What are the Navratri mistakes, that make you fat?
- Eating too much while breaking the fast.
- Eating a lot of processed and outside food.
- Not staying hydrated
- Eating special Navratri/fast thalis/foods at fancy restaurants
- Not having enough fruits and vegetables
While Navratri 2022 is about to start and most people will be fasting and looking for healthy options to eat. Here is a little tip for what you can try during your Navratri weight loss plan. There are multiple food options available but we have to be careful in what we eat if we really want to detoxify and lose those extra kilos. Buckwheat also known as Kuttu Ka Atta seems to be a great option for making your fasting meals more healthy and low on calories.
Try These Recipes From Our Kitchen
- Moong Dal Bread Toast: Veg Crispy Weight Loss Snack
- Veg Burger: Make 25gm Protein Burger At Home With Rajma Tikki
- Moong Dal Recipe For Soup: Healthy And Perfect For Weight Loss
Although in modern days people especially adults feel fasting is an old tradition and consider it something meant for the older generation. Still, the fact is what the older generation considered fasting ancestors is now scientifically proven as intermittent fasting and is now popular around the globe. fasting on the other hand is a great way to detox your body and flush out toxins.
We wish you a very Happy Navratri. May the generous Goddess Maa Durga brighten your life with countless blessings. So, let’s detoxify the body of this Navratri with the Fitelo fasting diet plan.
Contact Us Today
Your search to find the right guidance to be a part of all those fat-to-fit stories ends here. So, contact us today if you are looking for a diet plan with cheat meals. Also, we will discuss how we can help you achieve your weight loss goals.
This blog post was written to help you to make healthy and better food choices altogether. So, be aware and take care. The important thing to consider is your own health before starting a diet that is restrictive. Therefore, always seek advice from a doctor/dietitian before starting if you have any concerns.
Eat Healthy, Live Healthy. Enjoy a long happy life.