Idli also called rice cake, is arguably one of the…
START YOUR FAT TO FIT JOURNEY WITH FITELO
- 50,000+ Happy Customers
- Serving in 57+ countries globally
- 4000+ online reviews with 4.5+ rating
Are you looking for a healthy and tasty recipe that can be prepared quickly? Look no further! Oats Dahi Tadka Recipe is a nutritious and flavorful dish that combines the goodness of oats and yogurt, making it a perfect choice for any meal.
The Oats Dahi Tadka Recipe is a delightful and also refreshing recipe that you can have at any time of the day in these scorching summers.
Enjoy the goodness of oats, yogurt, and vegetables with this delightful recipe. It’s a versatile dish that can be enjoyed as a main course, a side dish, or even as a healthy snack. Happy cooking and savoring!
How To Make Oats Dahi Tadka?
Here is how you can make this wholesome dish:
- Firstly, dry roast the oats in a pan over medium heat until they turn slightly golden. Set them aside to cool.
- Then in a mixing bowl, whisk the yogurt until smooth and creamy.
- Add the roasted oats to the yogurt and mix well.
- Heat oil in a small pan over medium heat. Add mustard seeds and let them splutter.
- Add the chopped onion, tomato, and green chili to the pan. Sauté for a few minutes until the vegetables are slightly cooked.
- Add turmeric powder, red chili powder, and salt to the pan. Mix well and cook for another minute.
- Remove the pan from heat and let the tadka (tempering) cool for a few minutes.
- Pour the tadka over the oats and yogurt mixture. Mix well.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves.
- Finally, serve the Oats Dahi Tadka chilled or at room temperature.
Health Benefits of Oats Dahi Tadka Recipe
- Oats are rich in carbs and fiber, and also protein rich food. They are also very high in many vitamins and minerals.
- Curd is among the best probiotic foods, which contains live microorganisms beneficial for our body.
- Due to the soluble fiber beta-glucan, oats also improve insulin sensitivity and help lower blood sugar levels.
- Curry leaves are helpful when consumed to aid weight loss.
- Also, curry leaves help in increasing digestive secretions and relieve nausea, morning sickness, and vomiting.
- Coriander leaves are full of antioxidants and are full of immune-boosting, anticancer, anti-inflammatory, and neuroprotective effects.
- Green chilies are great for a healthy diet and thus a perfect cure for a stressful week.
- Pomegranate is high in iron and also keeps our heart health intact.
- Oats are a great source of dietary fiber, which aids digestion, promotes heart health, and helps regulate blood sugar levels. They are also rich in vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants, making them beneficial for overall well-being.
- Yogurt is an excellent source of probiotics, which are beneficial bacteria that support a healthy gut. It is also rich in protein, calcium, and vitamin B12, essential for bone health and boosting the immune system.
- This recipe incorporates various vegetables and spices, adding essential nutrients, antioxidants, and flavor to the dish. These ingredients contribute to a well-balanced and nutritious meal.
Nutritional Value Of Oats Tadka Recipe
The following nutritional values are approximate and can vary based on the specific ingredients used:
Suji or Rava is Indian durum wheat that is used in the Indian subcontinent for centuries. Although made from wheat, but it is not as processed and has more nutritional value than wheat flour and maida. So, we went ahead and compared it with Oats and the results were shocking. Read the full post to know more.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does Eating Oats Dahi Tadka Twice a Day Reduce Weight?
Though oatmeal is said to help you lose weight, having too much of it can lead to malnutrition and muscle mass shedding.
Are Oats Dahi Tadka Recipe Good For Weight Loss?
Yes! A combination of oats and curd can naturally improve metabolism, relieve constipation, accelerate fat loss, and improve bone health and heart health.
Can I use instant oats instead of regular oats?
Yes, you can use instant oats in this recipe. However, keep in mind that the texture and cooking time may vary slightly.
Can I use Greek yogurt instead of regular yogurt?
Yes, Greek yogurt can be used as a substitute. It will give a thicker consistency to the dish.
Can I customize the Oats Dahi Tadka Recipe Ingredients?
Absolutely! Feel free to add or substitute vegetables based on your preferences. You can include grated carrots, bell peppers, or any other veggies you enjoy.
Can I make Oats Dahi Tadka in advance?
Yes, you can prepare the oat and yogurt mixture in advance and refrigerate it. However, it’s best to add the tadka and fresh garnishes just before serving to maintain the texture and flavors.
Is Oats Dahi Tadka Good For Health?
Oats Dahi Tadka is a nutritious and low-calorie dish that can be a part of a weight loss diet. However, portion control is essential to manage calorie intake.
How Much Weight Can I Lose In 1 Week by Eating Oats?
They are high in minerals, protein, fiber, and vitamins. Moreover, their high fiber content promotes satiety, thus decreasing your energy intake. So, following an oatmeal diet and replacing the meals completely with oats keeps your hunger in check and helps you shed 15 to 20 lbs within 6 to 8 weeks.
Contact Us Today
If you like recipes shared by Fitelo and want to make fitness and food best friends. Then join our hands in making the world a healthier place, starting from you. We are always here for you so contact us our experts are here to help you with diets, health problems, and weight issues, your name will sort it.
This blog post was written to help you make healthy and better food choices altogether. So, be aware and take care. The important thing to consider is your own health before starting a diet that is restrictive. Always seek advice from a doctor/dietitian before starting if you have any concerns.
Eat Healthy, Live Healthy as well as Enjoy a long happy life