White sauce pasta is every household favorite. The creamy, rich,…
START YOUR FAT TO FIT JOURNEY WITH FITELO
- 50,000+ Happy Customers
- Serving in 57+ countries globally
- 4000+ online reviews with 4.5+ rating
Oats masala vada is a healthy and delicious twist to the traditional masala vada recipe. Made with a blend of oats, lentils, and spices, these crispy vadas are a perfect snack for tea-time or breakfast. This recipe is an excellent way to incorporate the goodness of oats and lentils into your diet while satisfying your taste buds. Oats are a rich source of dietary fiber, while lentils are an excellent source of protein and other essential nutrients. With its unique taste and nutritional benefits, oats masala vada has become a popular snack option among health-conscious people. In this article, we will guide you on how to prepare this delicious snack at home.
How To Prepare Oats Masala Vada Recipe
- Firstly, take chana dal and pre-soak it for 2 hours.
- Grind the soaked dal after draining water from it. However, make sure the paste is not too soft.
- Simultaneously, dry roast the oats and fennel seeds in a pan. Then, grind them.
- Now add the ground oats and fennel seed powder to the chana dal paste.
- Also add finely chopped onions, green chilies, grated ginger, and curry leaves. Add salt to taste. Mix well.
- After that, take oil in a pan and heat it on a high flame. Take some dal-oats batter and make small balls out of it. Further, flatten the balls gently with your fingers.
- Release the vada in hot oil. Fry the vadas until golden brown.
- Your masala oats vadas are now ready to serve. Pair them with coconut chutney or any other chutney of your choice and enjoy!
Health Benefits Of Oats Masala Vada
- Oats consumption is linked with reduced harmful cholesterol levels in a person, because of the fiber present in them.
- The type of fiber in oats is soluble fiber which makes digestion super smooth.
- The fiber content of chana dal helps relieve constipation.
- Chana dal has calcium in abundant amounts. So, it is good for bones and joints.
- Both oats and chana dal are low in fat. Therefore, this recipe is perfect for those looking to lose weight.
- Onion and green chilies provide Vitamin C, which is good for the skin. Moreover, it helps the body in the absorption of iron.
- Curry leaves stimulate enzymes of the digestive system, promoting digestion.
Oats are an amazing addition to your diet. But, did you know that the masala oats sold in the market are harmful to your health? You can make a much healthier version of vegetable oats at home. Check out here.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Are Oats Masala Vada Healthy?
Ans: Oats masala vada make for a healthy snack option as they contain fiber and essential nutrients from oats. Additionally, they are baked or shallow fried, making them low-fat snacks.
Q: Can Oats Masala Vada Be Made Without Deep-Frying?
Ans: Yes, oats masala vada can be baked in an oven or shallow fried in a pan with minimal oil to make them a healthier option.
Q: Are Oats Masala Vada Suitable For People With Gluten Intolerance?
Ans: Yes, oats masala vadas are a gluten-free snack option and can be enjoyed by people with gluten intolerance.
Q: Can Oats Masala Vadas Be Served With Any Dip Or Chutney?
Ans: Yes! You can serve oats masala vada with a variety of dips and chutneys like mint chutney, tomato ketchup, or yogurt dip to enhance the taste.
Jasmeen’s 23kg Weight Loss In 100 Days
Jasmeen from New Zealand reached out to us to lose weight affecting her mental and physical health. Our dietitian customized a plan considering her likes and dislikes. She faced challenges like irregular menstrual cycles, bloating, and hyperacidity. Despite demotivation, she lost 23 kg in 100 days and resolved all her medical issues. She now feels stress-free and energetic.
Contact Us Today
Your search to find the right guidance to be a part of all those fat-to-fit stories ends here. So, contact us today if you are looking for a diet plan with cheat meals. Also, we will discuss how we can help you achieve your weight loss goals.
This blog post was written to help you to make healthy and better food choices altogether. So, be aware and take care. The important thing to consider is your own health before starting a diet that is restrictive. Always seek advice from a doctor/dietitian before starting if you have any concerns.
Eat Healthy, Live Healthy. Enjoy a long happy life.