This Oats upma recipe is cholesterol-free, has a good source of fiber, and has very low fat. Oats are naturally processed. They are uncomplicated real food that nourishes your body and soul without any preservatives or undesirable additives.
- Dry roast oats in a pan for 5 min until crisp .than set this aside to cool
- Heat a pan with 1/2tbsp oil, add 1/2tsp jeera,1/4 TSP mustard seeds,1/2 tsp chana dal, and urad dal
- Cook them stirring for sometime
- Add a pinch of hing, ginger, green chilies, curry leaves, and cook them till turn crisp.
- Then add onion and saute till golden
- And, then add veggies and cook for 2min
- Sprinkle 2tbsp water, cover, and cook until the veggies are slightly soft
- Then sprinkle salt and turmeric
- If using rolled oats then pour 1cup water or if using quick oats add 1/2 cup water
- Mix well and then taste the water. The water has to be slightly salty. If needed add more salt. Bring it to a boil.
- Transfer the roasted oats and give a gentle mix to incorporate
- the water with oats
- Within 1-2min the water will be absorbed. Cover and cook on a low flame for 2minor until all the moisture is evaporated.
- Add 2tbsp chopped coriander leaves. Mix well
- When the temp comes down, pour 1tbsp lemon juice. Then add grated coconut and then served.
- Oats are among the healthiest grains on earth.
- Oatmeal may help you lose weight by making you feel more full. It does this by slowing down the emptying of the stomach and increasing the production of the satiety hormone PYY.
- It is also rich in proteins and helps in boosting our immunity levels.
Looking for yummy and healthy recipes?
Our Inspiring Customer stories
So you felt hungry and were looking for some convenient yet healthy options. You go to a store and you grab a pack of Oats cookies thinking that at least you are not eating anything unhealthy. Any Guess What amount of so-called Oats Cookies is actual Oats? No? Read this post to know the answer.
Looking for a massive transformation? So, for any query or in case you are looking for online nutrition consultation, reach out to us at +919402850007.
Please make sure to take this Oats upma recipe under the guidance of a dietitian/nutritionist.