This Palak Dal Khichdi recipe is the perfect balance of carbohydrates and protein. The goodness of spinach and dal cooked with spices from red chili to curry leaves comes together for the perfect wholesome meal!
- Soak brown rice in water for 45 minutes and then wash the dal 2 to 3 times in water.
- Take a pressure cooker and pour ghee in it. Once the ghee heats, add mustard seeds, cumin, curry leaves, freshly prepared ginger garlic paste, and sauté it well.
- Then, add finely chopped tomatoes and onion, add green chili and let it cook.
- Add turmeric powder, coriander powder, and chili powder to it and sauté it well.
- Then, add salt.
- Add the dal and rice with water. Cook it for 2 minutes and add fresh chopped spinach and lock the pressure cooker. Let it cook for 10 to 12 minutes.
- After two whistles, remove the Palak Khichdi from the pressure cooker and enjoy.
- Spinach is low in carbs but high in insoluble fiber and, this type of fiber benefits your digestion.
- Also, spinach is a nutrient-rich vegetable. It packs high amounts of carotenoids, vitamin C, vitamin K, folic acid, iron, and calcium.
- Spinach has also a lot of benefits it reduces oxidative stress, promotes eye health, fights cancer, and regulates blood pressure.
- Moong dal is high in vitamins, minerals, protein, and fiber.
- Also, Moong dal is a good source of antioxidants, which reduce the risk of chronic diseases, such as heart disease, diabetes, and certain cancers.
Here some of our recipes you can give a try
Do you love white rice but worried about gaining weight with it? What if we tell you that rice won’t make you fat? Thus, Read the full post to know the reality about the same.
Looking to lose weight from the comfort of your home? So, for any query or in case you are looking for online nutrition consultation, reach out to us at +919402850007.
Please make sure to consume the Palak Dal Khichdi recipe under the guidance of a dietitian/nutritionist.