White sauce pasta is every household favorite. The creamy, rich,…
START YOUR FAT TO FIT JOURNEY WITH FITELO
- 25,000+ Happy Customers
- Serving in 57+ countries globally
- 4000+ online reviews with 4.5+ rating
Are you liking the south Indian recipes by us? Well, our new year resolution is to bring recipes from all over India for you. So that you never run out of options to cook. On today’s special we have the Paniyaram recipe. It is a popular south Indian dish made from a mixture of rice, lentils, and spices. Paniyaram, also known as, appe, or paddu, is a popular dish in South Indian cuisine. Usually, the batter contains rice, urad dal (black lentils), and a variety of spices like cumin, ginger, green chilies, and curry leaves.
Today, paniyaram also known as kuzhi paniyaram is a famous dish in South India, especially in the states of Tamil Nadu, Karnataka, and Andhra Pradesh. It is often served in the south as a snack or breakfast item and is also popular street food. It is also a popular dish in Sri Lanka and other parts of Southeast Asia as well.
People usually eat it with a variety of chutneys, sambar, or coconut milk. You can also add various ingredients, including vegetables, cheese, and nuts, for added flavor and texture.
How To Make Kuzhi Paniyaram For Breakfast At Home
Well, the name might indicate a little complicated but the recipe is not. It’s simple and easy to make just like idlis:
- Firstly, heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds, mustard seeds, onions, and green chilies. Saute for a few minutes until the onions become soft and brownish in color.
- Secondly, add the coriander leaves and saute for another minute.
- Further add the dosa batter, and salt and mix well.
- Heat a paniyaram pan (also known as appe pan).
- Grease the pan with desi ghee.
- Further, pour the batter into each of the molds, filling each one about 3/4 of the way full.
- Cover with a lid and cook over medium-low heat for about 8-10 minutes, or until the paniyarams are golden brown.
- Remove from heat and serve hot with chutney or sambar. Enjoy
- Besides freshly ground batter is essential to make soft and spongy kuzhi paniyaram.
- Do not fill the moulds more than 3/4th as it may result in breakage.
- Make sure to stir the batter well to ensure an even distribution of ingredients.
- Cook the paniyarams on low flame so that they cook evenly without burning.
- Also, use a non-stick pan to make sure that the paniyarams do not stick to the pan.
Little Joys You Can Get From Making These Small Fitters
- Paniyaram is a quick and easy way to make a tasty, nutritious snack. You can either use pre-made batter or make your own from scratch.
- Paniyaram is a great way to use up leftover idli or dosa batter.
- It is also very versatile and you can have it for breakfast, a snack, or even a light dinner.
- It is a great way to introduce children to South Indian cuisine.
- Also, it is a healthy option, you can have it and serve it with chutneys, for a balanced meal.
- You can experiment with different ingredients and flavors to make paniyaram exciting.
Health Benefits Of Paniyaram Recipe For Weight Loss
Well, one thing you can’t deny is south Indian breakfast is really wholesome and has a lot of health benefits as well.
1. Low Calorie: Paniyaram is a low-calorie snack. It is made with a combination of grains like millet, rice, and lentils, as well as spices and herbs. This makes it low in calories that can help you to stick to your weight loss goals.
2. High Fiber: It is also a high-fiber recipe, which helps to keep you feeling fuller for longer, and can reduce cravings. This makes it an ideal snack for those trying to lose weight.
3. Nutrient-Dense: Kuzhi Paniyaram has all the essential vitamins and minerals that can help to keep your body healthy and functioning properly. This makes it an excellent snack for those trying to lose weight.
4. Low-Fat: Moreover, appe is low in fat, which makes it an ideal snack for those trying to reduce their fat intake. This makes it a great snack for those trying to lose weight.
5. High in Protein: Also paniyaram is good for a high protein diet, which helps to keep you feeling full and satiated. This makes it an ideal snack for those trying to lose weight.
Nutritional Value Of Paniyaram Recipe
This appe recipe contains a good amount of nutrients as well such as:
|Nutrients Value Per Piece|
|Paniyaram Calories – 18 kcal|
|Protein – 0.4 g|
|Dietary Fiber- 0.3 g|
|Carbs – 1.5 g|
Our Favorite South Indian Picks From Our Kitchen!
1. Pal Payasam
Payasam’s mouthwatering flavor is a part of a tradition for festivals like Onam Sadya. Let’s check it out.
2. Idli For Everday Breakfast
Are we even talking about south Indian food if we do not include the staple breakfast:
3. Vermicelli Biryani
Well, who doesn’t love Biryani? Try it with a little twist that is healthy and good for weight loss.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What Is Kuzhi Paniyaram?
A: Kuzhi paniyaram is a traditional South Indian snack made from a fermented batter of rice and lentils and the dish is either sweet or savory.
Q. What Ingredients Are Used To Make Kuzhi Paniyaram Recipe?
A: The ingredients used are usually rice, lentils, and spices, such as black pepper and cumin.
Q. How Is The Batter For Paniyaram Recipe Made?
A: The batter is made by soaking the rice and lentils overnight, then grinding them into a fine paste.
Q. How To Cook Kuzhi Paniyaram ?
A: Kuzhi paniyaram is cooked by spooning the batter into a special pan that is greased with ghee.
Good News! We have extended our family to new possibilities and our 2023 goal is to make the entire world a healthier place. So here is our first step with Fitelo Deccan that will open the doors for south people who wants to join hands with us.
Contact Us Today
We know diets can be boring and sticking to one kind of cuisine can be very monotonous therefore we want to bring a variety of options for you and help you become healthier. Hence, you can always contact us our experts are here to help you with diets, health problems, and weight issues, your name will sort it.
This blog post was written to help you make healthy and better food choices altogether. So, be aware and take care. The important thing to consider is your own health before starting a diet that is restrictive. Always seek advice from a doctor/dietitian before starting if you have any concerns.
Eat Healthy, Live Healthy as well as Enjoy a long happy life