Idli also called rice cake, is arguably one of the…
Table of content
START YOUR FAT TO FIT JOURNEY WITH FITELO
- 35,000+ Happy Customers
- Serving in 57+ countries globally
- 4000+ online reviews with 4.5+ rating
Being surrounded by heaps of laddus, barfi, crispy fried snacks, and other mouthwatering pakwans, it might be challenging to follow a healthy diet. Karwachauth, Diwali, Bhaiya dooj, one after other festivals, obviously we all must have gorged on loads of Kaji katli, chaats, samosas, pizza, pasta and a lot of fried foods. So, what about post Diwali? Stress, regret, and fear of weight gain. Don’t worry too much! All you have to do to get back to your healthy, happy self is to follow these post Diwali detox tips.
This article is all about how to balance your body post Diwali, ways to flush the toxins out by detoxification, post Diwali detox tips, and diet plan to lose weight post-festive season. Let’s dive into:
Why Post Diwali Detox Important?
There are various reasons why you must go for Post Diwali detox.
- To Maintain A Healthy Weight
The majority of people put on weight after festivities. Therefore, detoxification can help you lose weight by eating light. Right, and light food choices can help you maintain a healthy weight post-festival.
- Eliminate Extra Sugar From Your Body
Our body demands more insulin, when we consume more and more sugar be it in form of mithai, drinks, and anything else. So, what happens is it in return put on pressure on our pancreas. And later on, it may result in weight gain, diabetes, and chronic tiredness.
- Flush Out Toxins
During the festive season, while you were binging on your favorite sweets, sugary drinks, snacks, and junk food, you were actually harming your liver, kidneys, and digestive system. So, we can give rest and relaxation to our organs by detoxification. Actually, detoxifying aids in the removal of toxins from your body that were consumed while you were indulging in calorie-dense foods.
- Bring Body Balance Back
A detox will help bring your body back to equilibrium. It’s a fantastic technique to boost your metabolism and enhance your overall health.
Ways To Detoxify Your Body Post Diwali
Diwali can be over, but the merriment will go on until the new year rolls in. So, before the next round, flush out toxins, and prevent indigestion, bloating, and festive weight gain. Let’s watch this video and read the following tips and ways to detox your body post-Diwali.
Let’s purge by following these top 5 simple ways and easy tips:
1. Lemon Flush method
This method helps to detoxify your body by acting as a diuretic. Here is how it basically works and what you need to do:
- Take lukewarm lemon water (without salt) in the morning,
- After 2 hours, again lemon water with some rock salt.
- Then, after 2 hours take coconut water.
- Repeat the process thrice a day.
2. Go On A Mini Fast
Fasting doesn’t mean going without meals all day long like on Karwachauth or during the Shivaratri fast. Simply maintain a gap of 14–15 hours.
- Shruti had her last meal at 8:00 PM.
- The next day, She is having a meal at 10:00 AM Or 12:00 PM.
- It means she just managed an early dinner and late breakfast.
This will give your internal organs time to get back to normal.
3. Get 2 Hours Extra Sleep
- It might sound like a small step but the additional 2 hours of sleep will give your body and internal organs more time to relax, and heal themselves.
- Also, it will recover your digestive system and reduce brain fog and fatigue.
4. Go For 20-30 Minutes Walk In Sunlight
- This will help your body’s biological clock to get back to its normal rhythm. So, if you have been partying till late at night or staying up late, sleeping on time might be a challenge for you.
- Hence, to get back to your routine, walking in sunlight will help by adjusting your biological clock’s rhythm. Go for a 20-30 minutes walk in sunlight, not at night or some other time.
5. Binge On Veggies
- Eat at least 2-3 big bowls of vegetables a day. Go for cooked vegetables in form of sauteed veggies, baked veggies, or cooked with light masala or tadka.
- No need to go for so many exotic vegetables, go for gobhi, peas, beans, and carrot-like vegetables. It will help you get enough fiber and eliminate junk food from the body.
- Avoid salads – they have a lot of insoluble fiber which your body will find hard to process especially after so much eating outside. Boiled vegetables are easy to digest.
Post Diwali Detox Tips
- Drink more water to help your body cleanse itself.
- Consume fresh fruits and veggies to adjust your digestive system.
- Instead of unhealthy snacks, choose dry fruits and nuts.
- Eat probiotics to maintain good gut health.
- Avoid artificial sugar, and choose natural sweeteners.
- Eat light food and avoid processed one.
- Avoid meat for a few days to give your digestive system a break
Diet Plan For Weight Loss (Post Diwali Detox)
Post Diwali, it becomes very important to maintain weight, so it requires proper meal planning. With detoxification, it becomes necessary to eat mindfully. So, here is a basic diet plan for weight loss:
- Meal 1 – Early Morning
Lukewarm Water/Jeera Water
- Meal 2 – Breakfast
Bhel Puri/Sauteed Veggies/Hung Curd Sandwich
- Meal 3 – Mid Meal
Coconut Water/Bowl Of Papaya/Iceberg Lettuce
- Meal 4 – Lunch
Vegetable Vermicelli/Tomato Rice/Veg Daliya
- Meal 5 – Evening Snack
Green Tea/Green Coffee (Sugar-Free)
- Meal 6 – Late Evening
Bowl Of Curd With Roasted Jeera And Mint Leaves
- Meal 7 – Dinner
Any Cooked Vegetable (No Corn, Paneer, Aaloo)
- Meal 8 – Post Dinner
While the festival season means a lot of outside eating and snacking, if we take proper care of our eating habits and adjust our routine before and after the season, we can avoid all the weight gain and at the same time enjoy the season. To manage weight properly post-festive season, take proper guidance from professionals. Everybody’s body is different. It’s not necessary, what diet plan suits others can work for you too, so, we at Fitelo provides customised diet plan for every individual depending on their health problems, body issues, preferences, daily routines, likes, and dislikes.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the best foods to detox post Diwali?
There are various superfoods, you can consume to detoxify your body. These are:
- Fresh Fruits
Diwali is over, so what? Christmas, new year celebration,s and a lot more is yet to come. So, there stands to reason that you will once more begin to worry about what to get for your loved ones. Gulab jamun, haldiram rasgulla, biccano namkeen, dairy milk chocolate pack, or indeed any mithai. Whatever you choose, before finalizing, just get to know what is healthy and what is unhealthy. So, let’s have a look and add to cart, the healthy items.
Contact Us Today
Your search to find the right guidance to be a part of all those fat-to-fit stories ends here. So, contact us today if you are looking for a diet plan with cheat meals. Also, we will discuss how we can help you achieve your weight loss goals.
This blog post was written to help you to make healthy and better food choices altogether. So, be aware and take care. The important thing to consider is your own health before starting a diet that is restrictive. Therefore, always seek advice from a doctor/dietitian before starting if you have any concerns.
Eat Healthy, Live Healthy. Enjoy a long happy life.