This Potato Rosti recipe is delicious and crunchy, made with grated potatoes. Plus, they’re a great snack idea for the picky eater’s from kids to adults.
- Grate the peeled raw potatoes into a bowl.
- Melt butter in a nonstick or cast-iron skillet.
- Add the grated potatoes and carrot and salt them as desired.
- Then, add onions or optional spices as desired.
- Cook the potatoes over medium heat for several minutes, stirring two or three times with a metal spatula to coat the potatoes evenly with butter.
- Pat the potatoes into a cake with the spatula and let them cook for 10 minutes.
- Then, cover the potatoes and carrot, and cook for another 5 to 10 minutes.
- When the bottom of the potato cake is golden brown, place a plate that barely fits inside the skillet on top of the potatoes. Invert the pan, holding on to the plate.
- Remove the pan and set it back on the stove.
- Slide the rosti onto a plate and cut it into wedges and enjoy.
Health benefits of Potato Rosti
- A basic recipe that helps an acidic gut and is quite filling.
- The spices added to it enhance the flavor and texture of the dish and also takes care of the anti-nutrients.
- Potatoes are rich in iron, phosphorous, calcium, magnesium, and zinc which, help the body to build and maintain bone structure and strength.
- Potatoes also contain fiber it helps lower the total amount of cholesterol in the blood, thus decreasing the risk of heart disease.
- Also, eating potatoes increase satiety and reduce appetite, so a person feels fuller for longer and is less likely to consume more calories.
Looking for yummy and healthy recipes?
Our Inspiring Customer stories
- A mother’s success story through our online nutritionist consultation
- Another one of our PCOD/PCOS weight loss success stories
- Maninder’s 30 days incredible weight loss story
I am craving for aloo paratha but WAIT! I’m on a diet. So, let me choose corn flakes for breakfast today as they are healthy and Aloo Parathas will make me Fat. But here’s the shocking reality. Read this post till the end to know about it.
Looking for a massive transformation? So, for any query or in case you are looking for online nutrition consultation, reach out to us at +919402850007.
Please make sure to consume Potato Rosti recipe under the guidance of a dietitian/nutritionist.