Everyone is aware of dry fruits’ benefits for health, however,…
START YOUR FAT TO FIT JOURNEY WITH FITELO
- 50,000+ Happy Customers
- Serving in 57+ countries globally
- 4000+ online reviews with 4.5+ rating
This very easy-to-make ‘sweet and sour Pumpkin Curry’ or khatta meetha kaddu ki sabji is loaded with nutrients which makes it a lot more healthy. As winter is around the corner, kaddu ki sabji will be a perfect addition to your diet.
- In a wider pan heat mustard oil on medium heat. When heated add some .
- Then add Methi seeds, chopped chilies and ginger. Stir until it turns aromatic. (Adding few nuts is optional)
- Then add cubed pumpkin to the pan. Additionally, add salt and turmeric powder and stir everything together.
- Cover it with a lid for a minute or two.
- Remove the lid and check if the pumpkin has released any water. If not then add ¼ cup water and stir again.
- Cover and cook for 10 minutes stirring in between. Make sure the heat remains medium only.
- Cook until the pumpkin is a little soft, if curry seems to be too dry then add another ¼ cup of water.
- Then add raw mango or dry mango powder depending upon your taste and all the spices.
- Cook for a few more minutes until the pumpkin absorbs all the flavors.
- Finish the curry by adding jaggery and garam masala
- Finally, add chopped cilantro before serving and enjoy this sweet and sour pumpkin curry.
Health Benefits Of The Pumpkin Curry Recipe
- Sweet and sour Pumpkin Curry or Khatta-Meetha Kaddu ki Sabji is delicious, healthy, vegan, and easy preparation that only requires common spices and seasonings
- Moreover, pumpkins are loaded with nutritious benefits and are relatively very low in calories.
- Pumpkin is high in vitamins and minerals and a great source of beta-carotene, helping to boost up your immune system
- Being rich in fiber helps to feel fuller with a small quantity of pumpkin.
Today, let us talk about Bajra. This grain is highly underutilized but it has so many nutritional benefits that we could not stop ourselves from including it as one of the superfoods that lead to weight loss! Read more about it here.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Pumpkin Curry Healthy?
Yes, pumpkin curry is a healthy dish as pumpkin is a good source of fiber, vitamins, and minerals. Additionally, this curry recipe includes other nutritious vegetables like carrots and bell peppers.
Can I Use Other Types Of Squash Instead Of Pumpkin In This Recipe?
Yes, you can use other types of squash like butternut squash or acorn squash instead of pumpkin in this recipe. However, keep in mind that the flavor and texture of the dish may vary.
Can I Make Pumpkin Curry Vegan?
Yes, you can make this recipe vegan by substituting the ghee with vegetable oil and using coconut milk or another plant-based milk instead of heavy cream.
Can I Make Pumpkin Curry In Advance?
Yes, you can make pumpkin curry in advance and store it in the fridge for up to three days. Simply reheat the curry on the stovetop or in the microwave before serving.
Can I Freeze Pumpkin Curry?
Yes, you can freeze pumpkin curry for up to three months. Make sure to let the curry cool completely before freezing and store it in an airtight container. To reheat, let it thaw in the fridge overnight and then reheat on the stovetop or in the microwave.
Contact Us Today
We understand it is a bit tricky which diet plan will work for you and which will not, it can be complicated and confusing, hence you need to consult a professional. So, contact us today if you are looking for a customized diet plan or any diet plans, and we will help you fulfill your new year’s resolution.
This blog post was written to help you to make healthy and better food choices altogether. So, be aware and take care. The important thing to consider is your health before starting a restrictive diet. Always seek advice from a doctor/dietitian before starting if you have any concerns.
Eat Healthy, Live Healthy. Enjoy a long happy life.