Aloo paratha lovers! Are you also sacrificing your favorite paratha to shed kilos? Don’t worry we have an amazing alternative to treat your taste buds, “Pumpkin paratha for weight loss.” Just swap aloo to kaddu and make an amazing meal. Come on! Let’s give it a try.
- Firstly, peel the pumpkin and coarsely grate it.
- Now, chop onions, tomatoes, and green chilies. After that, mix barley and wheat flour in a large mixing basin and knead thoroughly.
- After that, In a deep pan, heat desi ghee and add homemade ginger-garlic paste.
- Now, add chopped onions and heat until it turns transparent. Add chopped tomatoes, salt, turmeric powder, chili, and then kasuri methi.
- Afterward, it’s time to add pumpkin. Cover it and cook for 10-15 minutes. Let it cool.
- In a meantime, place a flat pan over low heat and add 2-3 drops of ghee.
- Roll the roti and stuff half of it with cooked pumpkin. Fold in half from the middle and lightly press it.
- Lastly, place the stuffed roti on the pan and cook it on both the sides like a regular paratha.
- Finally, shift it to a serving plate as it roasts.
- Enjoy it with homemade chutney or curd to level up the nutrition game.
Do you know a pumpkin, from a botanist’s perspective, is a fruit and not a Vegetable? But this fruit which is so called as ‘vegetable’ has ‘n’ number of benefits. Lets read more about pumpkin benefits.
- After grating the pumpkin, squeeze out the extra water and then proceed.
- Also, to give it a correct shape, you can trim the edges.
Calories In Aloo Paratha vs Pumpkin Paratha
This super easy pumpkin-barley paratha is not only rich in fiber and protein but also low in calories. Aloo paratha has 190kcal, and on the other hand, pumpkin paratha is 100kcal in fact with additional benefits.
Health Benefits of Pumpkin Paratha for Weight Loss
Pumpkin is a remarkable and versatile vegetable that is low in calories. It has high water content and is loaded with many other nutrients. A perfect low-calorie paratha that can be enjoyed without guilt, stomach filling with distinctive flavour! Our weight loss pumpkin-barley paratha has just 100 Kcal which is way less than your other stuffed paratha like aloo, cauliflower, paneer, and many more.
Above that barley with the lowest glycemic index, full of benefits including cooling properties prompt weight loss, improves digestion, and lowers cholesterol. Let’s go into detailed benefits of pumpkin paratha for weight loss offers:
- Balances Metabolism
A cup of pumpkin contains approximately 560 mg of potassium which helps meet the daily intake. Potassium helps in metabolism and as a result, improves the functioning of the muscles.
- Good for the Immune System
Pumpkins contain a decent amount of vitamin C that boosts immunity and protect you against cold and flu.
- Antioxidants Rich
Beta-carotene is a pigment that gives fruits and vegetables yellow to deep orange color. The naturally occurring retinol (pro-vitamin A) possesses antioxidant properties and enhances the immune system.
Blogs Ka Pitara
- 1200 Calorie Diet: Full Day Indian Meal Plan [Is It Good For Weight Loss?]
- Benefits Of Ghee: Which Is Best For Weight Loss [Desi Ghee Ke Fayde]
- Dietitian In Jammu: Best Nutritionists For Weight Loss [Book Consultation]
Are you a Meetha Lover? If yes then, no need to compromise with cravings for Kheer in your weight loss journey. Chiefly, Fitelo introduces a yummy Carrot Kheer with a healthy twist. A must-try recipe.
Contact Us Today
Your search to find the right guidance to be a part of all those fat-to-fit stories ends here. So, contact us today if you are looking for a diet plan with cheat meals. Also, we will discuss how we can help you achieve your weight loss goals.
All recipes from Fitelo’s kitchen are devised to suit specific needs. And what may suit one condition may not be applicable to the other. However, always consult your nutritionist or dietitian before adding any of these recipes to your diet. Read More.