Make the most of your mushrooms with this hearty mushroom…
START YOUR FAT TO FIT JOURNEY WITH FITELO
- 50,000+ Happy Customers
- Serving in 57+ countries globally
- 4000+ online reviews with 4.5+ rating
Puttu Recipe with kadala kari is one of Kerala’s most popular breakfast combinations. Puttu in general is a log of steamed rice flour and coconut. The combination of soft rice puttu as well as Kadala Kari (black chickpea curry) is fantastic, and you must try it to understand what I mean.
Puttu is a filling breakfast that will keep you full for a long time. For the same reason, you can serve this as a filling brunch dish. Let’s look at the recipe.
About The Famous Puttu Recipe
Puttu is a Malayali dish, though historians believe it was invented in Tamil Nadu. Puttu is also cooked in the Indian states of Kerala, Tamil Nadu, Pondicherry, and Sri Lanka. It is mostly eaten with vegetable curry.
Sungapitha, a similar dish, is popular in Assam. Basically, most historians and academics agree that the Malayalam language began to evolve in the eighth century. However, it wasn’t mentioned in early Malayalam literature. Because Kerala and Tamil Nadu did not have separate food habits at the time, puttu may have originated in Kerala as well.
Some people have broken the world record for making puttu. A group of students from Wayanad’s Oriental School of Management built a 10-foot-long puttu in 2006.
Stories, as such, can go on and on, but first, let’s cook puttu recipe.
How To Make Kerala Special Puttu Recipe At Home?
- In a mixing bowl or a pan, combine 1 cup puttu flour.
- Add 13 teaspoon salt, or as needed, accordingly
- Combine thoroughly.
- Now, evenly add water.
- Using your fingertips, begin to combine the rice flour and water.
- Combine thoroughly.
- The ratio of rice flour to water is critical for soft puttu. To test this, gently press a small amount of flour between your palms. It should clump together. When you press harder on this flour lump, it breaks and crumbles. This should be the flour’s texture.
- Using your fingertips, break up any small lumps in the flour. You can even use a grinder to break up the lumps in this rice flour mixture. However, grind in small batches and use the mixer-pulse grinder option.
- Pour 2 to 3 cups water into the puttu kudam’s base vessel.
- Leave it on the stovetop to heat up
How To Steam The Puttu Recipe
- In the meantime, insert the pierced disc into the cylindrical vessel. Then, in the cylindrical vessel of the puttu kudam, evenly distribute 2 to 3 tablespoons of fresh coconut.
- Gently stir in the puttu flour until it fills half of the cylindrical vessel.
- Repeat layering with 2 to 3 tablespoons of grated coconut, spreading evenly.
- Stir in the puttu flour once more.
- Spread 2 to 3 tablespoons of grated coconut evenly over the top portion. Cover it with a lid.
- Set the cylindrical portion on top of the base vessel, which must have reached a boil.
- Steam puttu on medium heat until steam emerges from the top vent of the cylindrical vessel. Then turn off the flame.
- Remove the cylindrical part from the base vessel and set aside for 3 to 4 minutes to allow the puttu inside to cool accordingly.
- Remove the steamed puttu with a wooden skewer or the stick that came with the puttu kudam accordingly.
With vegetable curry, serve puttu hot or warm. It goes well with Chickpea Curry as well. On the side, serve with bananas and pappadums.
Benefits Of Rice Puttu Recipe For Weight Loss
- In Puttu, rice flour is widely recognized as a healthier alternative to refined flour due to its ability to boost metabolism as well as its high insoluble fiber content. Brown rice’s fiber content helps in cholesterol reduction.
- Coconut in Puttu also helps in weight loss. This fruit helps with weight loss by increasing feelings of fullness, calorie burning, and fat burning. Furthermore, the high fiber content of coconut meat can increase fullness, which may help in the prevention of overeating.
- The steaming process in Puttu helps in the removal of fat from proteins, lowering the amount of cholesterol consumed for the dish. Because steam does not require oil, it immediately reduces the saturated fat or any additional fat in your food. Furthermore, steaming preserved the highest level of nutrients. “When vegetables are boiled, water-soluble vitamins such as vitamin C, B1, and folate leach into the water.
A Few Fitelo Recipes For All Our South Indian Peeps
Pal Payasam Recipe
The famous south Indian dessert that you just cannot miss. A sweet dish that can be served at temples, occasions, as well as parties.
Delightful Rava Uttapam
A traditional South Indian dish perfect for weight loss. However, it is a savory pancake made with a combination of rice and lentils. Check it out.
Flavourful Paniyaram Recipe
Paniyaram, also known as, appe, or paddu, is a popular dish in South Indian cuisine.
Dosa Batter Recipe For PCOS, Diabetes, And Thyroid
A famous south Indian dish recommended by dietitians to their clients who want to lose weight.
Here Is The Inspiring Kamalpreet Weight Loss Journey That Will Amaze You
An interesting weight loss story that will inspire you too to push yourself toward your fitness goal. So, let us read about her.
Concluding It With A Note
- Firstly, add water in batches to prevent the rice flour from becoming too watery.
- Using fresh coconut, or little coconut milk will also improve the flavor of the puttu.
- Lastly, if you don’t have a puttu steamer, you can steam in a steel glass or on an idli plate.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Is Puttu A Healthy Meal?
Ans. Yes, Puttu is healthy because it is steamed and no oil is used. Ragi flour makes it healthier. BTW, ragi chappatis is also a filling dish.
Q. What Should I Do If The Flour Becomes Sticky And Dough-Like?
Ans. Excess water would have been added, making the flour sticky as well as dough-like. Add more flour until you have a rough powder. The right consistency is when you close your fist around the prepared flour and it forms a shape.
Q. What Is Puttu Flour Made Of?
Ans. Puttu is made primarily with ground rice, grated coconut, a little salt, as well as water.
Q. Is Puttu Recipe Good For Diet?
Ans. Puttu is a nutritious and healthy breakfast that is full of nutrient value and health benefits.
While steaming puttu, you can add shredded spinach and carrots, and shredded coconuts to make it more colorful as well as flavorful.
Contact Us Today
We’re never leaving you hanging with doubts, queries, as well as confusing questions. We understand how all this information gets really overwhelming as well as a little confusing on your way to a healthy lifestyle. Hence, you can always contact us at any time as our experts are here to guide you 24/7. Also, we will help you achieve your weight loss goals.
This blog post was written to help you to make healthy and better food choices altogether. So, be aware and take care. The important thing to consider is your own health before starting a diet that is restrictive. Always seek advice from a doctor/dietitian before starting if you have any concerns.
Eat Healthy, Live Healthy as well as Enjoy a long happy life.