Quinoa dosa would be a foodie’s delight. It is originally a south Indian recipe with paper-like consistency. Dosa is enjoyed best with chutneys and sambar.
- Soak quinoa, urad dal and fenugreek seeds for 2-3 hours
- Drain them.
- Blend them together to form a smooth batter.
- Then, allow it to ferment in a warm place for 10-15 hours.
- Now, add salt and mix well. The batter for Dosa is ready.
- Heat the non-stick pan. In it, slowly pour a ladle of batter in a circular motion to make dosa.
- Smear some oil on the sides. Cook the dosa until it changes colour to a light brown colour.
- Fold the dosa. Stuff it with the stuffing you desire. Serve it hot with chutney and sambar.
- Quinoa is a great source of fiber. This is why anything prepared from quinoa becomes filling in nature and also decreases appetite.
- This dosa has more protein than regular dosa because quinoa contains more protein than rice.
- Quinoa, urad dal and fenugreek seeds all 3 have a low glycemic index, making quinoa dosa safe for consumption by people with high blood sugar levels.
- Also, Quinoa is composed of all the 9 essential amino acids required by the body, making it super nutritious.
- Urad dal is abundant in iron, so it is excellent for boosting the body’s general metabolism.
- Moreover, Urad dal is rich in phosphorous and calcium, which all help in building bone density.
- Fenugreek seeds are a plentiful source of antioxidants.
- These seeds are excellent for breastfeeding or lactating mothers since they enhance the production of milk.
RECIPES FROM OUR KITCHEN
OUR INSPIRING CUSTOMER STORIES
- Read Tareeka’s Weight Loss Story with Our Diet Consultant
- Still, looking for the best dietician to transform your life? Join now
- Your search for a diet for breastfeeding mothers end here
When we talk about dosa or south indian food, there is one name that instantly comes to our mind – Idli! We all know idli is a healthy food but did you know how better a choice it can be over our favorite pack of blue chips? Thus, read this post to know more about this south-indian delicacy.
Still, looking out for some motivation to start your journey? Worry not. So, for any query or in case you are looking for online dietitian consultation, reach out to us at +919402850007.
Please make sure to consume Quinoa Dosa Recipe under the guidance of a dietitian/nutritionist.