Make the most of your mushrooms with this hearty mushroom…
15 - 20 Minutes
START YOUR FAT TO FIT JOURNEY WITH FITELO
- 50,000+ Happy Customers
- Serving in 57+ countries globally
- 4000+ online reviews with 4.5+ rating
Ragi and Fig Modak is a unique and healthy twist to the traditional modak, featuring the goodness of ragi flour and the natural sweetness of dried figs. Ragi, also known as finger millet, is a nutritious grain rich in calcium, iron, and fiber. The filling, made with chopped figs, grated coconut, and nuts, adds a delectable combination of flavors and nutrients.
Ingredients: For the Outer Covering:
1 cup ragi flour (finger millet flour)
1/4 cup water
A pinch of salt
- In a pan, roast the ragi flour on low heat for 4-5 minutes until it emits a nutty aroma. Let it cool.
- Boil water with a pinch of salt and add it gradually to the roasted ragi flour. Mix well to form a smooth dough. Cover it with a damp cloth and set it aside.
- In another pan, heat 1 tablespoon of ghee and lightly roast the chopped figs until they become soft. Add grated coconut and chopped nuts to the pan and sauté for a few more minutes. Mix in the cardamom powder and turn off the heat.
- Let the filling cool down to room temperature.
- Take a small portion of the ragi dough and shape it into a small cup-like disc using your fingers or a rolling pin.
- Place a spoonful of the fig and coconut filling into the center of the disc.
- Seal the edges of the disc to enclose the filling and shape it into a modak with a pointed top.
- Repeat the process with the rest of the ragi dough and filling to make more modaks.
- Serve the delightful Ragi and Fig Modaks as a healthy and tasty treat during festive occasions or as a wholesome snack anytime!