Idli also called rice cake, is arguably one of the…
START YOUR FAT TO FIT JOURNEY WITH FITELO
- 35,000+ Happy Customers
- Serving in 57+ countries globally
- 4000+ online reviews with 4.5+ rating
Are you a cookie or biscuit lover? Do you also love to have biscuits with your cup of tea? Biscuits are a must to have for teatime, correct? But stored-bought biscuits can be unhealthy to include in daily routine. So, why not include a homemade healthy snack to accompany your refreshing tea? Ragi biscuits make the right tea-time partner!
Did you know which state of India is a rich producer of ragi? It is Karnataka. As ragi is a rich source of dietary fiber, which makes it is an ideal food for diabetic patients. Furthermore, ragi flour is also rich in iron, proteins, and antioxidants. Also, these nutritious compounds make ragi a great choice for health-conscious people. Now, let’s add some delight to snack time with this easy-to-make ragi biscuits recipe.
Note: This recipe is only for non-diabetic individuals.
How To Make Ragi Biscuits
- Firstly, roast millet flour on low flame till fragrant. And let it cool for a while.
- Strain together the millet flour, wheat flour, and baking powder into a bowl.
- Add desi ghee to the stained flour mixture. Rub with your fingertips till the mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Add date syrup and mix well.
- Then, add some milk and vanilla essence, mix and prepare a smooth dough. Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Then, grease a baking tray with some desi ghee. Then, dust the worktop with some flour and roll out the dough.
- However, the rolled-out dough should not be too thin or too thick.
- Next step is to cut this dough into round-shaped biscuits with a small cookie cutter
- Now, place the biscuits on the greased tray, put the tray in the preheated oven, and bake for at least 15-20 minutes.
- Finally, serve or can be stored in an airtight container.
Health Benefits of Ragi in Ragi Biscuits
Sharing a few amazing health benefits of ragi that you should know:
- Nutritious Breakfast Food
Ragi is a rich source of vitamins C, E, B-complex, antioxidants, and calcium. Additionally, it contains proteins, fibers, unsaturated fats, and sufficient calories. Also, consuming a ragi-based breakfast helps the body to activate digestive juices.
- Induce Natural Sleep
Ragi naturally helps in relaxing the nerves and reducing stress. That is why many use ragi to treat headaches and insomnia. This all happens due to the presence of an amino acid called tryptophan that facilitates nerve relaxation.
- Battles Anemia
Ragi is also a good source of natural iron which is why it is beneficial for low cholesterol levels and anaemia. Once this millet is allowed to sprout, vitamin C levels tend to increase, and result is easy absorption of iron into the bloodstream.
Nutritional Value of Ragi Per 100 g
|Total Calories||350 Kcal|
Can You Eat Cheat Meal During Weight Loss Journey?
Yes, there is nothing wrong with rewarding yourself during your weight loss journey. But most of you must be wondering what the ideal number of reward meals is should be. To know why cheat meals are important during weight loss watch this full informative video.
More Recipes To Try This Festive Season!
- Sheer Khurma: A Shahi Traditional Dessert for Diwali 
- Diwali Recipes: 10 Easy Ways to Make Sweets and Snacks 
- Besan Ka Halwa: Make Your Festivals Sugar-Free This Year 
Frequently Asked Questions
How To Make Date Syrup?
Date syrup is easy and quick to make.
- Firstly, deseed the dates and put them in a blender with the required amount of water.
- Secondly, blend it well. Your date syrup is ready.
The festive season means celebration times! and for us Indians, no festival is complete without Indian sweets and a lot of desserts. However, are you worried you might end up putting on some extra kilos by the time the festive season ends? Try our low-calorie sattu laddu recipe which is high in protein and fiber and also mouthwatering in taste.
Contact Us Today
So, your search to find the right guidance to be a part of all those fat-to-fit stories ends here. So, contact us today if you are looking for a diet plan with cheat meals. Also, we will discuss how we can help you achieve your weight loss goals.
All the recipes from Fitelo’s kitchen are devised to suit specific needs. And what may suit one condition may not be applicable to the other. However, always consult your nutritionist or dietitian before adding any of these recipes to your diet.