Everyone is aware of dry fruits’ benefits for health, however,…
START YOUR FAT TO FIT JOURNEY WITH FITELO
- 35,000+ Happy Customers
- Serving in 57+ countries globally
- 4000+ online reviews with 4.5+ rating
They say people always go back to their roots! Guess it’s true! In ancient times people used to eat what they sow; millets were very popular back then. However, now people have become very health conscious these days, and looks like millets have made their way back to every kitchen, one such grain is ragi popularly known as finger millet or nachni in India has made its way to every kitchen household just like other millets. However, ragi is gluten-free and a very good source of dietary fiber. Here is a quick ragi roti recipe by fitelo. This a healthy twist to your normal rotis and the best way to add this ancient nutrient-rich millet to your diet.
How To Make Ragi Roti
- Firstly, in a bowl take 50% ragi atta and 50% whole wheat atta and add water.
- Secondly, combine everything together and knead it into a soft dough.
- Furthermore, divide the dough into equal portions.
- Make small round medium balls and roll them out.
- Further, take a non-stick Tawa and cook the ragi roti on a medium flame.
- Also, flip it over and cook on the other side too.
- Lastly, cook the ragi roti on an open flame with the help of a tong. This will help your roti to puff.
- Finally your rotis and ready to be served hot!
- However, use warm water for kneading the dough.
- Also, it’s good to add a little amount of desi ghee for softness.
- Keep the dough aside for 20 minutes.
Benefits of Ragi Roti Recipe
- Ragi roti has almost three times more calcium than milk, making it a superfood and a perfect choice for Vegans, Lactose intolerant people, and PCOS/PCOD patients.
- Ragi is also a rich source of nutrients and helps lower cholesterol levels. Moreover, it’s an ideal flour alternative for gluten and lactose intolerant.
- Also, it has the highest amount of calcium and potassium. Ragi is a great source of iron making it beneficial for individuals with low hemoglobin levels.
- However, ragi roti for weight loss is a great option as it’s gluten-free and loaded with dietary fibers.
- Ragi roti calories are way less than the wheat roti which makes it ideal for weight loss.
Nutritional Value Of Ragi Roti
|Nutrients||Value Per Roti|
|Ragi Roti Calories||93 kcal|
Is Roti Good For Weight Loss?
A lot of people feel roti are high on carbs and not good for weight loss however they prefer having bread slices etc instead of phulka or roti. But today we are to break this myth. Hence watch this video to understand better.
Blogs Ka Pitara
- Vitamin E-Rich Foods: 10 Best Foods to Add to Your Diet.
- Vitamin A Rich Food: 10 Foods High in Vitamin A.
- Keto Diet Plan: Everything You Need to Know About It.
A Cup of Chai is all you need to kick-start your day. However, tea/chai is such an integral part of our life that it’s hard to imagine a day without it. So, we have identified the top 5 reasons/mistakes people are doing while consuming tea have a look!
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Is Ragi Roti Healthy?
Ans. The plain ragi roti recipe or ragi chapatti is made from 100% ragi making it super healthy. This Indian bread is also called plain nachni roti or red millet roti. This sumptuous plain ragi roti is rich in calcium and protein, which are required to support our bones and maintain the cells in our body respectively.
Q. Is Ragi Roti Better Than Wheat?
Ans. Studies have shown that the health benefits of Ragi far supersede that of wheat. It’s gluten-free, promotes heart health, the fiber content helps in improving the digestive system and it’s a great substitute for aiding in weight loss as well.
Q. Is Ragi Roti Easy to Digest?
Ans. Low in fat and gluten free, ragi is easy to digest. It is therefore, given as first food to babies in the form of ragi porridge.
Contact Us Today
Your search to find the proper guidance to be a part of all those fat-to-fit stories ends here. So, contact us today if you are looking for a diet plan with cheat meals. Also, we will discuss how we can help you achieve your weight loss goals.
All recipes from Fitelo’s kitchen are devised to suit specific needs. And what may work on one condition may not be applicable to the other. However, always consult your nutritionist or dietitian before adding any of these recipes to your diet. Read More.