Idli also called rice cake, is arguably one of the…
START YOUR FAT TO FIT JOURNEY WITH FITELO
- 50,000+ Happy Customers
- Serving in 57+ countries globally
- 4000+ online reviews with 4.5+ rating
Kadhi Chawal or Rajma Chawal? There is no end to this debate. By the way, what’s your favorite? However, No Sundays or guest days are complete without a wholesome plate of rajma chawal. Right? It’s the one thing that brings everyone together. So, here is an easy peasy homemade “rajma chawal recipe” for those who don’t want to trouble their moms or are staying far away from their families. If you cannot go home, let’s just bring home to where you are. We promise it will taste heavenly!
- Firstly, soak rajma overnight, then put it to boil until it’s soft and mushy.
- Secondly, in the pan heat ghee, and add cinnamon stick, jeera seeds, bay leaf, red chilies, and cardamom.
- Further, add chopped onions, wait until they turn a little brown then add ginger garlic paste.
- Next, add tomato pulp and let it cook until the oil separates.
- Then add turmeric powder, salt, coriander powder, Kashmiri Lal Mirch powder, and cumin powder. Mix them well.
- Later, add your boiled rajma and let it simmer.
- Meanwhile, in a pressure cooker, take rice and water, and let it cook up to 4 whistles.
- In addition, top it up with some Kasuri methi, coriander leaves, and garam masala.
- Finally, homestyle rajma chawal is ready.
- Serve hot and enjoy it with chutney. Yummmmm!
- Make sure to soak rajma first otherwise it will take a lot of time to cook.
- Also, remember slow cooking will make the gravy thicker and tastier.
- Make sure to stir in between.
Rajma Chawal (Kidney Beans) Health Benefits
- Rajma has a good amount of calcium, which is good for our bones and teeth, and strengthens overall bone health.
- People nowadays feel skipping a meal is a good way to lose weight, but a plate of rajma chawal calories is fewer than two gulab jamun also rajma is high on protein, therefore having a plate of rajma chawal is more healthy.
- Also, rajma is loaded with dietary fiber which means it will keep you full for a longer period of time and therefore stop you from overeating and even contributes to weight loss.
- Furthermore, rajma is enriched with nutrients such as potassium, fiber, zinc, and magnesium. Therefore, it is great for diabetic patients and overall body development.
- Kidney beans are packed with soluble fibers, hence the presence of soluble fibers helps to lower blood sugar levels.
Kidney Beans/Rajma Nutrition
|Nutrients||Per 100-Gram Value|
|Total dietary fiber||7.4 g|
Brown Rice vs White Rice – Which Is Better For Weight Loss?
A plate of rajma is incomplete without rice, but if you are on diet and afraid to consume rice as you might gain weight. Do not worry anymore about all your doubts regarding how to consume rice for weight loss. or which rice is better? Everything you need to know is clearly explained in this video. Watch till the end.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Is Kidney Beans Good For Weight Loss?
Ans. Rajma is loaded with dietary fiber which means it will keep you full for a longer period of time and therefore it contributes to weight loss.
Q. How Many Calories Are In A Plate Of Rajma Chawal?
Ans. One plate of rajma chawal has 235 kcal calories which is even lesser than 2 Gulab Jamun.
Q. Is Rajma Chawal Good For Health?
Ans. If you go for a meal like the Rajma Chawal plate, it not only fills you but also has essential fiber, vitamins, and minerals. If you are on a weight loss journey make sure to control your portions. Moreover, overconsumption of anything is not healthy.
For us Indians, a plate of dal rice is our comfort food! Agreed? But not when we are trying to lose weight. We don’t consider dal rice a healthy option. But how about we break this perception and tell you dal rice is best for weight loss read more.
Blogs Ka Pitara
- Pomegranate-The Miracle Fruit. Why Doctors and Dietitians Love Anar
- Best Online Nutritionist & Dietitian in Bangalore
- Best Diet Plan & Dietitian for Heart Patients
Contact Us Today
Your search to find the right guidance to be a part of all those fat-to-fit stories ends here. So, Contact us today if you are looking for a Diet Plan with cheat meals. Also, we will discuss how we can help you in achieving your weight loss goal.
All recipes from Fitelo’s kitchen are devised to suit specific needs. And what may suit one condition may not be applicable to the other. Hence always consult your nutritionist or dietitian before adding these recipes to your diet.