Idli also called rice cake, is arguably one of the…
START YOUR FAT TO FIT JOURNEY WITH FITELO
- 50,000+ Happy Customers
- Serving in 57+ countries globally
- 4000+ online reviews with 4.5+ rating
Indian festivals like Diwali, Dussehra, or rather Karwachauth wouldn’t be complete without sweets. Festival decoration, house cleaning, shopping, and Diwali gift distribution, take way too much time. So, for the last-minute handmade sweet, we are here with an instant recipe “Rava Payasam aka Suji kheer”.
Rava payasam a South Indian sweet dish also known as Rava kheer, semolina kheer, or suji kheer can be prepared with just a few ingredients. This extremely tasty dessert only takes 15 minutes to prepare for anyone. So, let’s endeavor this unique, simple recipe.
How To Make Rava Payasam or Suji Kheer?
- To begin Rava kheer, slice the almonds and grate the apple too. Then, set them aside.
- Then, heat a pan on low flame and add 1 tbsp of desi ghee.
- Now, add suji/rava and keep stirring it to roast.
- As suji turns golden brown, add grated apple and raisins to it. After that, mix it well.
- Then, pour milk and keep stirring to make it lump-free. After that, add cardamom powder and boil.
- Now, boil till a fine consistency. After that, turn off the flame and garnish it with almonds and raisins.
- Finally, your suji apple kheer is ready to serve. Then, enjoy this deliciousness.
- You can also use dates or dates syrup as a natural sweetener.
- Also, you can serve it as a main meal or as an after-meal dessert.
- Moreover, you can add saffron, a few cashews, and pistachios to add aroma.
Nutritional Value Of Rava Payasam/Suji Kheer
|Nutrients||Value [per two servings]|
FYI: 1 tsp = 2gms, 1 tbsp = 5.8 gms
Rava Payasam Or Suji Kheer Benefits
This suji apple kheer with no added sugar and artificial color or flavors offers immense health benefits. Here are the following:
- Firstly, semolina or Rava is high in vitamin B like thiamine and folate.
- Moreover, suji is high in protein, and fiber, and low in fat. Also, it is a good source of magnesium and iron which support good heart health.
- Also, almonds are high in vitamin E and antioxidants which are very good for brain functioning, skin, and hair.
- Furthermore, cardamom has an anti-inflammatory effect and treats bad breath, and prevents cavities.
- A, being a low-calorie and water-rich fruit, the apple benefits us in numerous ways. both soluble and insoluble fiber are abundant in apples. And a diet high in fiber is excellent for controlling high blood sugar levels.
Why Semolina is healthy?
Semolina/Suji or Rava is healthy because it is:
1. High in protein.
2. Low in fat.
3. High in fiber.
4. Rich in iron.
Who can consume Rava/Semolina or suji?
With all the healthy properties, semolina is a very good and instant source of health be it for general health, or if you are looking to develop muscles and gain weight.
Who cannot consume suji?
As Suji is very high in carbs and higher in the glycemic index, it’s not recommended for diabetic patients.
Can I have Suji during weight loss?
Yes, you can still include Suji in a restricted portion of your diet but we recommend you do not consume it daily.
Milk + Tea = ________ Combination.
Options: 1. Odd, 2. Bad, 3. Good
How will you fill up this blank? Well, we know the answer for tea lovers. It can disappoint you but chai can impede your attempts to weight loss if not consumed sensibly. How, and what is the reason? Click here to know the answer.
Contact Us Today
Your search to find the proper guidance to be a part of all those fat-to-fit stories ends here. So, contact us today if you are looking for a diet plan with cheat meals. Also, we will discuss how we can help you achieve your weight loss goals.
All recipes from Fitelo’s kitchen are devised to suit specific needs. And what may suit one condition may not be applicable to the other. However, always consult your nutritionist or dietitian before adding any of these recipes to your diet. Read More.