Kulcha, a mildly leavened flatbread variety, is an invention of…
START YOUR FAT TO FIT JOURNEY WITH FITELO
- 25,000+ Happy Customers
- Serving in 57+ countries globally
- 4000+ online reviews with 4.5+ rating
Mom: Hey, Shubham! Do you want to try rava uttapam for breakfast today?
Shubham: But I am getting late for college and on a diet too!
Mom: It’s a type of South Indian dish made with semolina, yogurt, and spices. It’s healthy and quick to make.
Shubham: That sounds great! Mom: Sure! Give me 10 minutes!
If you’re looking for a tasty and nutritious way to lose weight, then look no further than Rava Uttapam! This popular South Indian Dish is made from semolina, or rava, and is both light and delicious. It’s a great breakfast, brunch, or snack that you can enjoy guilt-free. Rava Uttapam is a delicious breakfast dish made with rava (semolina) and served with chutney or sambar.
Rava Uttapam is a traditional South Indian dish perfect for weight loss. However, it is a savory pancake made with a combination of rice and lentils. Also, it is a protein and fiber-rich dish and is a great source of complex carbohydrates, which helps to keep you full for longer. Besides, the dish is usually made with vegetables and is a great way to get your daily dose of vitamins and minerals.
The dish is a great way to start the day and is sure to delight the taste buds. So let’s make it!
How To Make Rava Uttapam For Breakfast?
Here is how in simple steps you can make this south Indian goodness :
- Firstly, take 1 cup rava, ½ cup curd, and ¾ tsp salt in a large bowl.
- Secondly, mix well to make sure the curd is properly mixed.
- Further, add ½ cup water and mix well adjusting consistency.
- Rest for 20 minutes or until the rava absorbs well.
- Check for consistency adding more water if required.
- Now prepare the vegetable toppings, by taking 1 onion, ½ capsicum, 1 carrot, and 1 tomato.
- Also, add 2 tbsp coriander, 1-inch ginger, 1 chili, a few curry leaves, and ¼ tsp salt.
- Further, mix everything and combine together to form a thick batter.
- Now pour the semolina batter into a small uttapam.
- Top with a tbsp of prepared toppings and press gently.
- Pour 1 tsp oil around the uttapam.
- Cover and cook for a minute.
- Flip over and cook both sides.
Nutritional Value Of Rava Uttapam
The nutritional value of this south Indian-flavored recipe is as follows:
|Rava Uttapam Calories- 120kcal|
|Protein – 3 g|
|Carbs – 18 g|
|Fat – 3 g|
|Dietary Fibers – 0.2|
Benefits Of Delicious Rava Uttapam
Having this south Indian goodness for breakfast can bring you a lot of benefits as well:
- Rava uttapam is a healthy breakfast option as it contains sooji, a high-energy grain rich in dietary fiber, vitamins, and minerals.
- Rava Uttapam is a quick and easy breakfast option that can be prepared in just a few minutes.
- It is a great way to get your daily dose of protein and fiber, as it contains both rava and curd.
- It is, however, a delicious and healthy alternative to fried snacks and a good option for people on a fat loss diet.
- Uttapam is a great way to get your daily dose of essential vitamins and minerals.
- It is also an excellent meal for those looking for a gluten-free option.
- Uttapam is also a great source of antioxidants. Also, the lentils used in the making of the uttapam is rich in antioxidants, which help to protect the body from free radical damage.
- Uttapam is a low-fat dish, making it an excellent option for those looking to lose weight fast. The combination of protein and complex carbohydrates provides a well-rounded meal packed with nutrients, while the low-fat content helps keep calories to a minimum.
- This makes it an excellent choice for those looking to cut down on their calorie intake. Rava uttapam is also a great source of dietary fiber, which helps to keep you regular and aids digestion.
- This helps to keep your digestive system functioning properly and can help to improve your overall
- Moreover, Uttapam is an excellent source of complex carbohydrates for those looking for a low-GI breakfast option.
- Besides, suji uttapam is a low-fat breakfast option as it does not require the use of deep-frying in the cooking process.
- It is also a great way to use up leftover vegetables.
Some More South Indian Flavors From Fitelo Kitchen
Here is a list of a few more south Indian delicacies by fitelo that you try:
1. Vegetable Idli
Talk about south Indian food and not including idli is not possible:
2. Vermicelli Upma
Vermicelli upma, a nutritious, vegan dish from South India, is also referred to as Semiya upma. It is a perfect weight loss recipe that you cannot miss! Next time treat your kids and guest with this healthy weight loss recipe.
3. Sprout Dosa
Saving up the best for the last, talking about south Indian flavors what better way to conclude with everyone’s favorite dosa?
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What Is Rava Uttapam?
A: Rava uttapam is a South Indian dish, made from semolina, yogurt, and vegetables.
Q: What Ingredients To Use To Make Rava Uttapam?
A: The ingredients to make rava uttapam include semolina, yogurt, vegetables, salt, and water.
Q: How Long Does It Take To Prepare Rava Uttapam?
A: However, the preparation time for rava uttapam is about 10 minutes.
Q: How Is Rava Uttapam Usually Served?
A: Rava uttapam is usually served with chutney or sambar.
Q. Is Rava Uttapam Good For Weight Loss?
A: Rava Uttapam is a great option for weight loss. It is also low in calories and high in fiber, making it a filling and nutritious option for weight loss.
Q. Can We Add Any Vegetables To Rava Uttapam?
A: Yes, you can also customize it according to your taste and preference.
What would you prefer oats or rava for weight loss? Hold on before you say oats are a healthier option. Well, we did a little research and turns out that rava nutrients are far healthier than oats. If you don’t believe us then click on the link and see it yourself.
Contact Us Today
If you are running out of options as to what to make on your weight loss journey which is healthy but yummy too. So, contact us today and we will solve all your food queries with cheat meals. Also, we will discuss how we can help you in achieving your weight loss goal.
All recipes from Fitelo kitchen are devised to suit specific needs. And what may suit one condition may not be applicable to the other. Hence always consult your nutritionist or dietitian before adding these recipes to your diet.