Idli also called rice cake, is arguably one of the…
START YOUR FAT TO FIT JOURNEY WITH FITELO
- 50,000+ Happy Customers
- Serving in 57+ countries globally
- 4000+ online reviews with 4.5+ rating
Golden kernels are kissed by flames, releasing a tantalizing aroma that dances in the air. Roasted corn, is a timeless delight that transcends generations. From bustling street corners to cozy backyard gatherings, the art of roasting corn has woven itself into the fabric of cultures worldwide. Join us as we journey through the sizzling world of this rustic delicacy, discovering the simple joy it brings to every bite. Get ready to savor the warmth and nostalgia of corn nuts like never before.
How To Make Roasted Corn Recipe
- Firstly, take a large ear of corn or bhutta and remove its husks.
- Then start grilling the bhutta on the grill or on an open flame at a medium heat level.
- Rotate the corn cob every 30 seconds so that it can be roasted evenly, and none of it gets burnt.
- Further, take olive oil, salt, red chili powder, and chaat masala. Mix them well.
- With the help of an oil brush, apply the seasoning all over it.
- Lastly, top it off by squeezing out half a lemon juice over it.
- The yummy roasted corn recipe is ready to serve! Eat it hot.
Please Note: If you are using frozen corn instead of bhutta, you can roast the corn flakes in an oven (preheated at 200ºC).
Roasted Corn Calories
Indulging in the delectable world of roasted corn brings not just an explosion of flavor, but also a curiosity about the calories it contains. So, here is the list of calories present in the recipe:
1 roasted corn contains:
|Nutrients||Value Per Roasted Corn|
Please Note: The calories in roasted corn are much less than the calories in sweet corn.
Bhutta Or Roasted Corn Benefits For Health
Here are some health benefits of bhutta presented in points:
- Nutrient Rich: This recipe is a good source of essential nutrients such as fiber, vitamins, and minerals like vitamin C, B vitamins, and potassium.
- Fiber Boost: Roasted corn is one of the fiber rich foods that aids in digestion, promotes a feeling of fullness, and supports healthy gut function.
- Antioxidant Powerhouse: Corn contains antioxidants like lutein and zeaxanthin, which are beneficial for eye health and may help protect against age-related macular degeneration.
- Heart Health: The potassium in roasted corn contributes to maintaining healthy blood pressure levels, while the whole grain properties may contribute to heart health.
- Energy Source: Carbohydrates in corn provide a steady supply of energy, making it a great option for active individuals.
- Weight Management: The fiber and complex carbohydrates in roasted corn can help with weight management by promoting fullness and preventing overeating.
- Skin Health: The vitamins and antioxidants in corn contribute to healthy skin, aiding in repair and protection against environmental damage.
- Digestive Health: The fiber content supports a healthy digestive system by promoting regular bowel movements and preventing constipation.
- Diabetic-Friendly: Roasted corn, when consumed in moderation, can be included in a diabetic-friendly diet due to its fiber content and moderate glycemic index.
- Vitamin B Benefits: Corn contains B vitamins such as thiamin, niacin, and folate, which play a crucial role in metabolism and overall well-being.
- Mineral Content: This recipe provides minerals like magnesium, which is essential for bone health and various enzymatic processes in the body.
- Gluten-Free Option: For those with gluten sensitivities or celiac disease, roasted corn is a safe and delicious gluten free choice.
Other Recipe Of Corn
Sharing a few other related recipes to enjoy from Fitelo Kitchen
1. Corn Chaat Recipe With Healthy Twist
A ‘corn chaat recipe is not only delicious but also healthier. You can have this recipe even in your weight loss journey.
2. How To Make Crispy And Wholesome Corn Fritters?
These corn fritters are crispy on the outside and tender on the inside. This recipe incorporates different but healthy nutrients. Let’s learn more about it.
3. Potato And Corn Stuffed Roll: Taste This Guilt Free Snacking
Let’s combine the goodness of potatoes and corn, this delightful snack will tantalize your taste buds. So, let’s learn how to prepare this guilt-free option that satisfies your cravings and keeps you on track.
Weight Loss Transformation: 19kg Gone In 80 Days.
Today’s transformation Of Khushi Saxena from Ludhiana. She is a homemaker who is busy taking care of her household and family. She was suffering from PCOD and was not able to lose her weight. So, let’s read about Khushi’s weight loss transformation and get to know how Fitelo, is transforming lives in a healthier way.
In this healthy corn recipe, we have used olive oil as a seasoning base. What other oil could be used as a replacement? Which oil is the best for daily cooking? Numerous questions like these might be flooding your mind. Just check this post out and you will know what your next cooking oil choice is.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Roasted Corn Better Than Boiled Corn?
Both roasted and boiled corn have their own unique flavors and nutritional profiles. Roasted corn tends to have a more intense flavor due to caramelization, while boiled corn retains more moisture. The choice between the two ultimately depends on personal preference.
Can I Eat Roasted Corn Everyday?
Eating roasted corn occasionally is generally fine as part of a balanced diet. However, like any food, consuming it excessively could lead to an imbalanced nutrient intake. Make sure to vary your diet to include a wide range of nutrients from different sources for overall health. If you have specific health concerns or dietary restrictions, it’s a good idea to consult a healthcare professional or registered dietitian.
Is Roasted Corn Good For Digestion?
Roasted corn, like other forms of corn, contains dietary fiber which can be beneficial for digestion. Fiber helps promote regular bowel movements, prevent constipation, and support a healthy gut environment. However, the roasting process itself does not significantly alter the fiber content or its digestive benefits.
Contact Us Today
Your search to find the right guidance to be a part of all those fat-to-fit stories ends here. So, contact us today if you are looking for a Diet Plan with cheat meals. Also, we will discuss how we can help you in achieving your weight loss goals.
All recipes from Fitelo Kitchen are devised to suit specific needs. And what may suit one condition may not be applicable to the other. Hence always consult your nutritionist or dietitian before adding any of these recipes to your diet.