Idli also called rice cake, is arguably one of the…
START YOUR FAT TO FIT JOURNEY WITH FITELO
- 50,000+ Happy Customers
- Serving in 57+ countries globally
- 4000+ online reviews with 4.5+ rating
Kalo Jeere Diye Macher Jhol is an all-time favorite dish of all Bengali and holds a special place in Bengali cuisine. The star ingredient of this recipe is “Rui” which is referred to as the Rohu fish, which is readily available in the region. This traditional Bengali fish curry is flavored with black cumin (kalo jeere) and other spices. Rui Machher Jhol is not only delicious but also symbolizes the rich and diverse culture of Bengal. So, bring the Bengali essence home by preparing this delicious fish curry. Here’s a healthy version of the recipe for 2 servings.
1. Firstly, start by marinating the fish fillets with half of the turmeric and a pinch of salt. Let them sit for about 15 minutes.
2. In a pan, heat 1-2 teaspoons of mustard oil (or any cooking oil you prefer). Mustard oil adds an authentic Bengali flavor, but it has a strong taste. If you prefer a milder taste, use a different cooking oil.
3. Add the marinated fish fillets to the hot oil and sear them on both sides until they turn golden. Remove them from the pan and set them aside.
4. In the same pan, add more oil if needed, and then add black cumin (kalo jeere). Let them sizzle for a few seconds.
5. Add the chopped onions and sauté until they become soft and translucent.
6. Stir in the chopped tomatoes and green chilies. Cook until the tomatoes turn soft and the oil starts to separate from the mixture.
7. Reduce the heat to low and add turmeric powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, red chili powder, and salt. Mix well and cook for a few minutes, stirring constantly.
8. Return the seared fish fillets to the pan and gently mix them with the spices and tomatoes.
9. Add enough water to cover the fish. Cover the pan and simmer for about 10-15 minutes until the fish is cooked through.
10. Garnish with fresh coriander leaves if desired.
11. Lastly, serve your healthy Kalo Jeere Diye Macher Jhol with steamed rice or whole wheat roti for a balanced Bengali meal.
This healthier version of Kalo Jeere Diye Macher Jhol reduces the oil content and uses a balanced amount of spices for flavor. Enjoy this delicious Bengali fish with the health benefits of turmeric, fish, and other ingredients.
The nutritional value of a recipe depends on the ingredients used, the method of cooking, and the portion size. Here is an approximate estimation of the nutrient value for a medium bowl serving this delicious fish recipe:
Kawalpreet’s Incredible Transformation
Weight loss transformation is always a source of motivation for everyone. One such successful story is of Kawalpreet. She even had an underlying thyroid medical condition. After she approached us she was able to lose 14 kg in 90 days. Read her complete story here!
Despite the simplicity of dal chawal, it can be your best friend on the continuous journey of weight loss. But we usually go for fancy weight loss foods thinking that usual rice and dal are making us fat. It will keep the perfect balance of macronutrients and help in your weight loss journey.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Is The Traditional Way To Serve Rui Machher Recipe?
The traditional way to serve Rui Machher Jhol is with a generous serving of steamed rice. The delicate, flavorful curry of Rohu fish complements the rice perfectly, creating a classic Bengali meal. It’s a staple in many Bengali households and showcases the essence of Bengali cuisine.
Is Rui Machher Recipe A Special Occasion Dish?
Rui Machher is commonly enjoyed on regular days but is also a popular choice for special occasions and festivals in Bengal. It is a versatile dish that can be prepared for various gatherings, making it suitable for both everyday meals and celebratory events.
What Are Some Common Side Dishes To Serve With Rui Machher Jhol?
Rui Machher is often served with steamed rice, which complements the spicy curry. You can also serve it with plain yogurt, a cucumber salad, or various Bengali condiments like mango chutney (aam er chutney) and papad.
Contact Us Today
If you are looking for recipes that taste delicious and healthy at the same time then you are at the right place. So connect with us in making the world a healthier place, starting with you. We are always here for you so contact us our experts are here to help you with diets, health problems, and weight issues, your name will sort it.
This recipe post was written to help you make healthy and better food choices altogether. So, be aware and take care. The important thing to consider is your own health before starting a diet that is restrictive. Always seek advice from a doctor/dietitian before starting if you have any concerns.
Eat Healthy, Live healthy, and enjoy a long, happy life.