Idli also called rice cake, is arguably one of the…
Table of content
START YOUR FAT TO FIT JOURNEY WITH FITELO
- 25,000+ Happy Customers
- Serving in 57+ countries globally
- 4000+ online reviews with 4.5+ rating
Today, we are going to decode the most expensive spice in the world. As we all know it’s Saffron or Kesar. While we all know it’s not an affordable spice but looking at the saffron benefits you might just change your mind. However, saffron is popularly known for its rich color and aroma. This extraordinary spice has been used for centuries for its therapeutic properties, which can both prevent and treat a number of health problems.
Saffron is utilized for much more than just flavoring food or adding color to it; it also offers amazing health advantages. Being abundant in antioxidants makes it the ideal treatment for the cold and flu.
Let’s learn more about the overall benefits of this ancient herb:
Saffron In Hindi Is Known As Kesan and its Scientific Name Is Crocus Sativus
Facts About The Most Expensive Spice [Saffron Or Kesar]
- Saffron is light purple in color with small stigma-like red threads in the center.
- It is popularly known for adding natural color, flavor, and aroma to edible items and is also used to tie-dye fabric.
- Saffron derived its name from the Arabic word “zafran” which means yellow.
- Kesar first originated in Iran. Currently, Iran, Greece, Morocco, Spain, Kashmir, and Italy are the countries where saffron is commercially produced.
- Spain is the top importer of spice, and Iran is the spice’s most significant producer in terms of quantity and quality.
- Saffron is a labor-intensive crop, which is the reason for its high cost. Saffron is unique since it has several benefits apart from being the most costly spice.
5 Impressive Benefits Of Saffron For Health
Kesar can really benefit your overall health here is how:
1. Supports Brain Health
- The therapeutic potential of saffron extracts for a variety of nervous system problems may be due to their anti-inflammatory and antioxidant capabilities.
- Moreover, carotenoids in saffron may be able to reduce memory issues caused by Alzheimer’s disease, and brain damage.
2. Saffron Benefits Heart Health
- Saffron strengthens the circulatory system, which lowers the risk of heart disease. Also, the spice is abundant in the vitamins thiamin and riboflavin, which support heart health and help avoid a number of cardiac problems.
- Saffron contributes to maintaining healthy arteries and blood vessels because of its antioxidant characteristics. The heart benefits from the spice’s anti-inflammatory properties.
- If you are on a specific winter diet plan then you can ask your dietitian to add saffron to your diet for overall health.
3. Saffron Benefits In Treating Depression
- Studies show that the saffron plant’s stigma contains some magical antidepressant qualities. Serotonin, and dopamine, are just a few of the neurochemicals that can be stimulated by saffron’s two ingredients, crocin, and safranal. These ingredients are efficient for treating mild to moderate depression.
4. Best Remedy For Seasonal Flu
- However, seasonal illnesses including the common cold, cough, and fever can be waived off with saffron ginger tea or saffron combined with warm milk. This miraculous herb’s warming properties aid in easing the discomfort brought on by the flu and cold.
- This miracle herb is a fantastic treatment for seasonal flu since it contains antioxidants.
- In addition, it aids in increasing immunity, which is necessary to tackle viral attacks and other illnesses.
5. Provides PMS Relief
- Studies have also suggested that premenstrual syndrome (PMS), which refers to the physical and emotional symptoms that can appear before the beginning of a menstrual period, may be treated with saffron.
- According to one study, consuming 30 milligrams of saffron every day by women reduced their irritation, headaches, cravings, and pain. Saffron was also more efficient than taking medicine.
How To Use Saffron And Enjoy Its Health Benefits
Besides adding a distinctive flavor, saffron also improves the presentation of your food. Depending on the recipe, saffron can be used in thread or ground form. Use threads if you’re using saffron to garnish your food and for the flavor, you can add saffron powder.
The cooking advice provided here will allow you to get the most out of this fantastic spice:
- However, by adding 3 to 5 tablespoons of heated or boiling water to powdered saffron and letting it steep for 5 to 10 minutes, you can create liquid saffron. Use it as needed after a few weeks of storing it in a jar.
- You can also add saffron liquid to your biryani and many authentic dishes for flavor and aroma.
- Saffron and cardamom-infused coffee is a calming and heart-healthy drink to enjoy the benefits of saffron.
- Further, you can make Indian lassi, by combining whole milk, yogurt, and honey with saffron and cinnamon.
- However, making Saffron Haldi Milk For Winter can be one of the best ways to enjoy this spice. Try this recipe by Fitelo:
Saffron Benefits For Glowing Skin
Saffron, also known as Kesar, is a staple in at-home beauty regimens due to its abundance of therapeutic, antibacterial properties. It treats dark spots and aids in the battle against acne, pigmentation, and inflammation.
- Additionally, it is abundant in vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants that help improve skin tone.
- Moreover, Saffron has skin-brightening characteristics that promote blood flow, oxygenate the skin, and leave it looking more youthful and beautiful. It reduces hyperpigmentation, which lightens the skin.
- Saffron is the ideal component to incorporate into your daily skincare routine because it has numerous anti-inflammatory, and antibacterial benefits.
- It is also excellent for exfoliating the skin, which makes it simple to get rid of little imperfections like acne and black spots.
Homemade Saffron Pack For Glowing Skin
- Firstly, take a teaspoon of gram flour, and add some curd and a few saffron strands.
- Further, make a thick smooth paste and leave it on your skin for 15 minutes.
- Wash it off and see the difference in your skin.
Nutritional Value Of Kesar Per 100 Grams
Kesar is enriched with a ton of nutrients. Let’s have a look at them:
|Saffron Calories – 310 kcal|
|Protein: 11 gm|
|Iron: 11. 1 mg / 9% DV|
|Potassium: 1724 mg / 37% DV|
|Calcium: 111 mg / 9 % DV|
The most expensive and popular spice saffron has a diverse nutritional profile. The active ingredients in saffron, such as crocetin and safranal, which support general health, are responsible for the spice’s positive effects. Saffron may improve the health of the liver, intestines, heart, brain, and immune system. It also might lower inflammation, encourage sleep, and quicken the healing process for wounds. It benefits your skin by helping to maintain clear and glowing skin. Therefore, adding saffron to your life can provide you with ample benefits.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Does Saffron Benefits In Weight Loss?
Ans. Looking, at the nutrient value of saffron it may aid in weight loss if infused with the right food items such as saffron milk or saffron tea.
Q. How Much is Saffron Price Per Kg In India?
Ans. The price differs due to the difference in quality however, the original saffron costs between 2000-3000 per 5 grams.
Q. What Are The Other Natural Sources For Weight Loss Apart From Kesar?
Ans. Watch this video to see the 5 cheapest natural fat-loss burners that can help you lose weight.
Just like saffron, another expensive dry fruit that people usually are unaware of is pista. However, pista benefits our health and there are plenty of reasons why you should add it to your daily life.
Contact Us Today
Your search to find the right guidance to be a part of all those fat-to-fit stories ends here. So, contact us today if you are looking for a diet plan with cheat meals. Also, we will discuss how we can help you achieve your weight loss goals.
This blog post was written to help you to make healthy and better food choices altogether. So, be aware and take care. The important thing to consider is your own health before starting a diet that is restrictive. Always seek advice from a doctor/dietitian before starting if you have any concerns.
Eat Healthy, Live Healthy. Enjoy a long happy life.