Make the most of your mushrooms with this hearty mushroom…
START YOUR FAT TO FIT JOURNEY WITH FITELO
- 35,000+ Happy Customers
- Serving in 57+ countries globally
- 4000+ online reviews with 4.5+ rating
Oh Hello! to all the people who are fasting this navratri. Today, we have something, especially for you, and if you are someone who is not fasting then a healthy breakfast is no harm. The Samak rice idli recipe is a healthy and delicious variation of traditional idlis.
It is made with samak rice, also known as barnyard millet or fasting rice in India, which is a gluten-free grain and a great source of fiber, protein, and essential nutrients. This idli recipe is perfect for those who are looking for a healthy and nutritious breakfast option, especially for those who are gluten intolerant.
How To Make Samak Rice Idli
This dish is a popular breakfast item in some parts of India, especially during religious fasting periods when grains are avoided. So here is how you can make it at home.
- Firstly, wash and soak the Samak Rice and Urad Dal separately for 4-5 hours.
- Next, grind the Urad Dal along with Fenugreek seeds into a smooth batter by adding water little by little.
- Further, grind the Samak Rice into a slightly coarse batter.
- Mix both the batters together and add ginger, grated carrot, coriander, green chili, and pink salt.
- Ferment the batter overnight or for 8-10 hours in a warm place.
- Grease the Idli molds with oil and pour the batter into them.
- Steam the Idlis for 10-12 minutes or until cooked.
- Finally, serve hot with coconut chutney and sambar.
A Little Bit About Navratri Fasting Rice: Samak Rice
Samak Rice also known as sama or samo seeds is widely eaten by Indians during fasting. According to the research, Samak rice is mainly grown in Korea, India, and Japan also India is known as the highest cultivar of Samak rice. The rice size and texture are comparatively different than other rice grains, these are smaller in size and broken.
- Samak rice is high in calcium, potassium, phosphorus, and amino acids except for lysine as compared to regular white rice.
- Also, the barnyard layers of millet are good sources of B-complex vitamins.
- It is usually eaten with a hull that retains a majority of its nutrients.
- Samak rice can be had as kheer, khichdi, idli, or dhokla.
- Samak rice contains low saturated fat also it is gluten free.
- Also, Samak rice is a great source of energy.
Nutritional Value Samak Rice Idli Recipe:
1 serving (3-4 Idlis) of Samak Rice Idli contains:
|Calories: 147 kcal|
Carbohydrates: 29 g
Protein: 5 g
Fat: 1 g
Fiber: 2 g
Sodium: 387 mg
Potassium: 146 mg
Calcium: 29 mg
Iron: 2 mg
Health Benefits Of Samak Rice Idli Recipe
Here are some potential health benefits of samak rice idli:
- Gluten-free: Samak rice is gluten-free, making it an excellent option for people with celiac disease or gluten intolerance.
- Low in calories: Samak rice idli is a low-calorie food, which makes it an ideal option for people who are trying to lose weight.
- Good source of protein: It is a good source of protein, which is essential for building and repairing muscles and tissues.
- High in fiber: This recipe is high in fiber, which helps to promote digestive health, prevent constipation, and reduce the risk of heart disease.
- Rich in vitamins and minerals: Samak rice idli contains various vitamins and minerals, such as B vitamins, iron, calcium, and magnesium, which are essential for maintaining good health.
- Easy to digest: This idli recipe is easy to digest, making it an excellent option for people with digestive issues or sensitive stomachs.
How A Diet Plan Can Help In A Healthy Transformation
Marium, a working professional from Ontario, Canada reached out to Fitelo after getting to know about the Fitelo obesity diet plan and how it tackles stuck weight issues. She started slow but steadily worked her way up, and now we are proud to say that Marium has lost a total of 22 kgs in 180 days! She’s healthier, happier, and more confident than ever before.
Hip Hip Hurray! As excited as we are to share this news, we hope you will be too after hearing this. So we have finally extended our family to new possibilities and our 2023 goal is to make the entire world a healthier place. So here is our first step with Fitelo Deccan that will open the doors for south people who wants to join hands with us for a better future.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Is Samak Rice Idli Good For Weight Loss?
A: Yes, samak rice idli is a low-calorie and low-fat food, making it a great option for people who are trying to lose weight. It is also high in fiber and protein, which helps to keep you feeling full and satisfied for longer periods.
Q: Is This Recipe Gluten-Free?
A: Yes, samak rice is gluten-free, so samak rice idli is a safe and healthy option for people who have celiac disease or gluten intolerance.
Q: How Is Samak Rice Idli Different From Regular Idli?
A: Samak rice idli is made from samak rice, which is a type of millet, whereas regular idli is made from rice and lentils.
Q: Can Diabetic Patients Eat Samak Rice Idli?
A: Yes, samak rice idli can be a good option for diabetic patients as it has a low glycemic index and can help to regulate blood sugar levels. However, it is always advisable to consult a doctor or nutritionist before making any significant changes to your diet.
Contact Us Today
Your search to find the proper guidance to be a part of all those fat-to-fit stories ends here. So, contact us today if you are looking for a Diet Plan with cheat meals. Also, we will discuss how we can help you in achieving your weight loss goal.
All recipes from Fitelo’s kitchen are devised to suit specific needs. And what may work on one condition may not be applicable to the other. However, always consult your nutritionist or dietitian before adding any of these recipes to your diet. Read More.