Kulcha, a mildly leavened flatbread variety, is an invention of…
10- 12 Minutes
25- 30 Minutes
START YOUR FAT TO FIT JOURNEY WITH FITELO
- 35,000+ Happy Customers
- Serving in 57+ countries globally
- 4000+ online reviews with 4.5+ rating
Sem ki sabji is a traditional Indian vegetable dish that’s both delicious and healthy. Made with fresh green beans and aromatic spices like cumin and coriander, this dish is a great source of fiber, vitamin C, and folate. Plus, the spices used in sem ki sabji have digestive and anti-inflammatory properties. But what really sets this dish apart is its rich and complex flavor, making it a perfect choice for any occasion. Whether you’re looking for a quick and easy weeknight meal or a flavorful side dish for a special occasion, sem ki sabji is definitely worth trying.
How To Make Sem Ki Sabji Recipe
- Wash the green beans and cut them into bite-sized pieces.
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium heat. When adding the cumin seeds, give them a moment to sputter.
- In the pan, combine the minced garlic and chopped onion, and cook until the onion is transparent.
- Add the green beans to the pan and mix well. Then add the coriander powder, turmeric powder, red chili powder, and salt, and mix again.
- Cover the pan and let the green beans cook for 10-12 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Once the green beans are cooked, garnish with fresh coriander leaves if desired.
- Serve hot with roti or rice.
Enjoy your homemade sem ki sabji!
Benefits Of Sem Ki Sabji
Sem ki sabji, or green bean curry, offers a variety of health benefits due to its nutritious ingredients. Here are some potential benefits of including sem ki sabji in your diet:
- Rich In Fiber: Green beans are a good source of fiber, which can aid digestion and promote regularity.
- High In Vitamins And Minerals: It contains important vitamins and minerals like vitamin C, vitamin K, folate, and potassium, which can help support overall health.
- May Help Manage Blood Sugar: The fiber and low glycemic index of green beans may help regulate blood sugar levels.
- Anti-Inflammatory Properties: The spices used in sem ki sabji, such as cumin and coriander, may have anti-inflammatory properties that can help reduce inflammation in the body.
- May Boost Immune System: Vitamin C found in green beans and other ingredients may help support immune system function.
Overall, sem ki sabji is a healthy and flavorful way to add more veggies to your diet and promote overall health and wellness.
Tips For Cooking The Perfect Sem Ki Sabji
Cooking sem ki sabji involves a few techniques that can help you achieve the perfect texture and flavor. Here are some suggestions to help you make the most of your meal:
- Use Low Heat: It’s important to cook the green beans on low heat to prevent them from becoming mushy. This also helps the spices to release their full flavor.
- Sauté The Onion And Garlic: Sautéing the onion and garlic in oil until they are lightly browned can add depth of flavor to the dish.
- Add Spices: Add the cumin seeds, coriander powder, turmeric powder, and red chili powder to the sautéed onions and garlic, and let them cook for a few minutes. This helps the spices to release their full flavor and aroma.
- Add Green Beans: Add the green beans to the onion and spice mixture, and stir until the green beans are coated with the spices.
- Add Water: Add some water to the pan, cover it with a lid, and let the green beans cook on low heat for 8-10 minutes, or until they are tender but still have a slight crunch.
- Adjust Seasonings: Taste the curry and adjust the seasonings as necessary. If it’s too spicy, you can add a bit more salt or even some sugar to balance it out.
- Garnish With Fresh Coriander: You can garnish the cooked sabji with fresh coriander leaves for a pop of color and added flavor.
Ditch those Subway wraps and sandwiches for your health. Artificial preservatives, high-fat sauces, and sodium levels can lead to weight gain and heart issues. Opt for the perfect combo of rajma and chawal instead, which is packed with nutrients and great for digestion. Check the link for more information.
Monika’s Weight Loss Journey
Monika lost 10 kgs and inches in 45 days with a simple diet plan. She learned to have a good relationship with food and the importance of patience. Seeking help from an online dietitian, she overcame weight gain, migraine, and vitamin D deficiency.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Sem Ki Sabji Good For Weight Loss?
Yes, it can be a good addition to a weight loss diet as it is low in calories and high in fiber. The fiber in the dish helps you feel full for longer. It reduces the urge to snack on unhealthy foods between meals.
Can Sem Ki Sabji Reduce Belly Fat?
While sem ki sabji alone cannot target belly fat, it can be a part of a healthy diet that can help you reduce overall body fat, including belly fat. A diet rich in vegetables like green beans, along with a regular exercise routine, can help you achieve your weight loss goals.
Is Sem Ki Sabji Good For Diabetic Patients?
Yes, it can be a good option for diabetic patients as it is low in glycemic index and high in fiber. It helps regulate blood sugar levels and keeps you feeling full, reducing the risk of overeating.
Contact Us Today
We understand it is a bit tricky which diet plan will work for you and which will not, it can be complicated and confusing, hence you need to consult a professional. So, contact us today if you are looking for a customized diet plan or any diet plans, and we will help you fulfill your new year’s resolution.
This blog post was written to help you to make healthy and better food choices altogether. So, be aware and take care. The important thing to consider is your health before starting a restrictive diet. Always seek advice from a doctor/dietitian before starting if you have any concerns.
Eat Healthy, Live Healthy. Enjoy a long happy life.