White sauce pasta is every household favorite. The creamy, rich,…
START YOUR FAT TO FIT JOURNEY WITH FITELO
- 50,000+ Happy Customers
- Serving in 57+ countries globally
- 4000+ online reviews with 4.5+ rating
Knock knock! Who’s there? Winter season, and so is the winter vegetable. Turnip or commonly known as Shalgam in Hindi is a very famous fall and winter vegetable. So here is a delicious “shalgam ki sabji” the best way to add this winter goodness to your diet. This white and purple round-shaped vegetable might not be common and famous in your vegetable list. Still, it is loaded with health benefits, and adding it to your grocery shopping list will only be a healthy bonus!
So, here is the best way to prepare white turnips:
How To Make Shalgam Ki Sabji At Home?
- Firstly, take turnips or shalgam, peel them, and cut them in half.
- Secondly, add 1 tsp mustard oil in a cooker, add cumin seeds, asafoetida, ginger garlic paste, turmeric powder, and coriander powder, and gently roast it.
- Also, add tomato puree and salt to the masala. Let it cook until the oil separates.
- In addition to that, add chopped turnip, red chili powder, and salt, and add 1/4 cup water to it.
- Mix it well and let it cook till about one whistle.
- In the end, sprinkle some garam masala and coriander leaves and let it cook for 2 minutes.
- Finally, your shalgam sabji is ready. Also, it can be a great meal if you are following diet plan for weight loss.
- However, this turnip sabji is sufficient for 4 people.
- You can also replace oil with ghee for better flavor.
Benefits Of Turnip/Shalgam
- This winter vegetable is known for its nutrition, here is what you need to know why:
- Shalgam vegetable however is a vitamin C rich food required for the overall smooth functioning of the body.
- White turnip also contains the component choline, this nutrient helps in better sleep and in muscle movement.
- Turnip greens also known as shalgam are a great source of copper, manganese, vitamin K, and vitamin A.
- Also, the roots of white turnips and the leaves are both excellent sources of fiber.
Nutritional Value Of Shalgam Ki Sabji
|Nutrients||Value Per Serving|
How Vitamin D Can Help In Weight Loss?
We often neglect the importance of vitamins during our weight loss journey, especially Vitamin D. Therefore, in this video Dietitian, Mac Singh covers some basic symptoms that indicate a deficiency of Vitamin D and important factors for Vitamin D absorption in the body. Watch the entire video to understand better.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is shalgam in English called?
Shalgam. is known as turnip in English.
What is Turnip?
Vegetable. Turnip is a round-shaped root vegetable, purple at the top and white at the bottom. It is crunchy, a bit sweet, and pepper-like in taste.
Blogs Ka Pitara
- Vitamin E-Rich Foods: 10 Best Foods To Add To Your Diet.
- Vitamin A Rich Food: 10 Foods High In Vitamin A.
- Keto Diet Plan: Everything You Need To Know About It.
The festive season means celebration times! and for us Indians, no festival is complete without Indian sweets and a lot of desserts. But are you worried you might end up putting on some extra kilos by the time the festive season ends? Try our low-calorie sattu laddu recipe which is high in protein and fiber and also mouthwatering in taste.
Contact Us Today
Your search to find the proper guidance to be a part of all those fat-to-fit stories ends here. So, contact us today if you are looking for a Diet Plan with cheat meals. Also, we will discuss how we can help you in achieving your weight loss goal.
All recipes from Fitelo kitchen are devised to suit specific needs. And what may suit one condition may not be applicable to the other. Hence always consult your nutritionist or dietitian before adding these recipes to your diet.