Idli also called rice cake, is arguably one of the…
START YOUR FAT TO FIT JOURNEY WITH FITELO
- 50,000+ Happy Customers
- Serving in 57+ countries globally
- 4000+ online reviews with 4.5+ rating
We Indians love to serve homemade dessert to guests after a meal. However, when we are short on time or looking for a quick kheer recipe the only thing that comes to the rescue is “seviyan kheer”. While we Indians serve it as a post-dinner dessert on other hand in Muslim houses, seviyan kheer or vermicelli kheer is known as “sheer khurma” and is considered the main dish during eid. It is a specialty and a must-make during eid. So today, we bring a rich and creamy famous dessert “seviyan kheer” from our kitchen to yours.
Here is how you can make it by just following these few steps:
How To Make Sheer Khurma At Home?
- Firstly, in a pan on medium flame add ghee and add vermicelli/seviyan.
- Secondly, roast the vermicelli for around 2 minutes or until it turns brownish in color and smells aromatic.
- Furthermore, take another pan add milk, and bring it to a boil.
- Add the roasted seviyan to the milk and cook for around 10 -15 minutes or until it thickens.
- Add dates, almonds, cashews, and cardamom powder while stirring it continuously.
- Cook for around 5-7 minutes or until the seviyan kheer turns slightly thick.
- Finally, your sheer khurma is ready to be served hot or cold.
- You can store it in the refrigerator for a week.
- Don’t overcook the seviyan kheer as it thickens after cooling.
- Replacing sugar with dates is a much healthier way to make it and also deseed them.
- You can dry roast the seviyan however, adding ghee gives a nice flavor.
- Make sure to roast vermicelli on medium flame and keep stirring, so that it does not stick to the end.
Benefits Of Seviyan Kheer Recipe
- Seviyan or Vermicelli is free of cholesterol and fat. Thus, it is simple to transform it into a healthy dinner or dessert by adding some good carbs and fiber to it.
- Given that its primary ingredient is carbs, vermicelli or semiya produced from whole or refined wheat flour can be a source of energy.
- Dry fruits are considered a protein and calcium rich food. They are also low in fat and sugar, therefore, they are excellent for weight loss.
- Moreover, almonds, cashews, and dates are loaded with dietary fibers, which keep your gut healthy and strong.
Vermicelli Kheer Or Sheer Khurma Nutritional Value
|Nutrients||Value Per Serving|
Why Cheat Meals Are Important During Weight Loss?
There is nothing wrong with rewarding yourself during your weight loss journey. But most of you must be wondering what should be the ideal number of reward meals. To know why cheat meals are important during weight loss watch this full video.
We are always looking for some easy snacks to try out! isn’t it? So here is one more from our kitchen “Kerala Banana Chips” recipe. Banana chips are one of the best and most famous snacks in South India. So today we decided to bring this beloved south snack to your plate with this homemade easy and very healthy “banana chips” recipe. A low calories high fiber snack for you to binge without weight gain.
Contact Us Today
Your search to find the right guidance to be a part of all those fat-to-fit stories ends here. So, contact us today if you are looking for a diet plan with cheat meals. Also, we will discuss how we can help you achieve your weight loss goals.
All recipes from Fitelo’s kitchen are devised to suit specific needs. And what may suit one condition may not be applicable to the other. Hence always consult your nutritionist or dietitian before adding any of these recipes to your diet.