Kulcha, a mildly leavened flatbread variety, is an invention of…
START YOUR FAT TO FIT JOURNEY WITH FITELO
- 50,000+ Happy Customers
- Serving in 57+ countries globally
- 4000+ online reviews with 4.5+ rating
Every region of India has a different cooking style, and raita is one of the most popular dishes among them. In South India, the preparation of raita is a bit different than in other parts of the country. This South Indian raita recipe is easy to make, healthy, and delicious. In South India, raita is commonly called “Thayri Pachadi” (Tamil). So, without further delay, let’s learn how to make a South Indian raita recipe.
How To Prepare South Indian Raita Recipe
- Firstly, begin by mixing the salt into the curd.
- Secondly, heat oil on a pan over medium flame and add in the mustard seeds, cumin, and red chilies.
- Thirdly, fry this for about 1 min or until the mustard seeds begin to splutter.
- Then add in the green chili, ginger, and curry leaf. Again, fry this for about 30 sec and add to the curd.
- Now keep stirring it for 1 minute.
- Finally, transfer into the serving container and garnish with a sprig of curry leaf and fried red chili. Enjoy your South Indian Raita recipe at home.
Health Benefits Of South Indian Raita Recipe
Here, we are sharing a few health advantages of including this South Indian raita recipe for weight loss in your regular diet plan:
- Curd has good bacteria present in it which thus helps in creating a good gut microbiome.
- Also, the curd is a great immunity booster.
- Moreover, it keeps cholesterol levels maintained and our hearts healthy.
- Generally perceived as a health-benefiting spice, mustard seeds are rich in phytonutrients, minerals, vitamins, and antioxidants.
- Cumin appears to have the ability to keep cancer cells from multiplying.
- Green chili is a Vitamin C rich food and consuming it helps keep your skin healthy and glowing.
- Also, ginger helps lower blood sugar levels and also improves various heart disease risk factors in people with type 2 diabetes.
Nutritional Value Of South Indian Raita Recipe
So, let’s share the nutritional value of this raita recipe:
Other South Indian Recipes To Enjoy
Let’s share a few other South Indian recipes to enjoy:
- Paruppu Usili
This recipe is a traditional and comforting dish in every Tamilian household. This dish is mainly made with vegetables such as French beans, cluster beans, etc.
- Idiyappam Recipe
Kerala idiyappam recipe with rice flour, also known as nool puttu. Idiyappam is sevai or seviyan made with rice flour dough.
- Rava Uttapam
This is a popular South Indian Dish made from semolina, or rava, and is both light and delicious. It’s a great breakfast, brunch, or snack that you can enjoy guilt-free.
Shivani Weight Loss Success Story Is A Motivation For Every Housewife
If you are someone who doesn’t want to go to the gym or has no time for any physical workout, but still you want to lose some pounds, then must try Fitelo’s Indian weight loss diet plan to lose now. Here we live the results of our weight loss diet plans and see how beneficial it is for Shivani who lost 7.4 kg in just 30 days. See her full story now!
Jeera is like that friend who is great to hang out with and is liked by your parents because of the number of properties it possesses. Do you wonder why dietitians ask you to consume jeera water in the morning or why Jeera is an integral part of Indian cuisine? Let us check out this post to know more about Jeera and its seamless benefits.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I Eat Raita During Weight Loss?
To prepare Raita you have to use curd, which is high in protein and low in unhealthy fats. It makes for a perfect aid for digestion and weight loss
Does Vegetable Raita Help In Weight Loss?
Of all the benefits this humble vegetable offers, lauki is said to promote digestion and weight loss. Take a large bowl of this raita along with salad and sabzi daily and see the difference in your body.
How Long Does Homemade South Indian Raita Last?
Store this in the fridge in a covered container. It will keep for up to 4 days, just give it a stir before using it.
Is Raita Good For Diet?
Raita is prepared using curd, which is high in protein and low in unhealthy fats. It makes for a perfect aid for digestion and weight loss.
Contact Us Today
If you like recipes shared by Fitelo and want to make fitness and food best friends. Then join our hands in making the world a healthier place, starting from you. We are always here for you so contact us our experts are here to help you with diets, health problems, and weight issues, your name will sort it.
This recipe post was written to help you make healthy and better food choices altogether. So, be aware and take care. The important thing to consider is your own health before starting a diet that is restrictive. Always seek advice from a doctor/dietitian before starting if you have any concerns.
Eat Healthy, Live Healthy as well as Enjoy a long happy life.