White sauce pasta is every household favorite. The creamy, rich,…
START YOUR FAT TO FIT JOURNEY WITH FITELO
- 50,000+ Happy Customers
- Serving in 57+ countries globally
- 4000+ online reviews with 4.5+ rating
The Soya chunk recipe is a flavor-rich dish that is made with soya chunks cooked deliciously in Indian style. This recipe is vegan and can be enjoyed with roti or rice. This is a healthy dinner who all want to enjoy their weight loss journey. So, without a delay let’s learn how to cook this dish.
What Are Soya Chunks?
Soya chunks are also called meal makers or nutri nuggets. As it is mainly made from soya beans and in Punjabi, it is called soya vadi. These vadi’s are prepared with the granules of soya and are a good source of protein.
These soya chunks are the perfect addition to your diet if you are following a vegetarian meal plan.
How To Prepare Soya Chunks?
1. Boil The Soya Chunks
- Firstly, add the soya chunks to a pot, add sufficient water, and boil them.
- Secondly, keep it boiling until they swell up.
- Once they boiled well, soak them in water at room temperature.
- After 6-7 minutes, drained out or squeeze out all the excess water and collect the chunks in a bowl.
2. Prepare The Paste
- Firstly, in a kadhai heat oil and add 1 chopped onion, garlic, and ginger. Saute them well.
- Next, add tomatoes. Saute them well for about 5 minutes and then let them cool down a bit.
- Now transfer the mixture to a blender. Blend to form a smooth paste.
3. Make The Curry
- Now, in a different kadhai, heat oil and add cinnamon stick, bay leaf, and cumin seed. Saute them well.
- Then add 1 sliced onion and saute again. Add turmeric and chili powder followed by the prepared paste. Saute it again.
- Now, add coriander powder, curd, salt, and 1 cup of water. Mix well.
4. Add Soya Chunks To The Curry
- Finally, add soya chunks to the curry. Cover it with a lid and let it simmer for about 7 mins.
- Once done, add kasoori methi and garam masala. Mix well and let it cook for 2-3 more minutes.
- Switch off the gas flame now.
5. Soya Chunks Recipe is ready to be served
- You can garnish your curry with sliced green chilies.
- Finally, your Soya Chunks recipe is now ready.
- Serve it alongside rice or chapati. Enjoy the meal.
Nutritional Value Of Soya Chunk
In one serving:
|Vitamin A||1285 IU|
Health Benefits Of Soya Chunks
So, here we are sharing the health advantages of soya chunks:
1. Acts As A Meat Substitute
People who all are vegetarians and suffering from protein deficiency can incorporate soya chunks into their regular diet. These soya chunks help to make up for the recommended value of protein without any tampering.
2. Promotes Heart Health
Soya chunks are rich in protein, fiber, and omega-3 fatty acids, and low in saturated fat. It has the ability to lower the levels of bad cholesterol in the body. Thus, in addition, good cholesterol prevents several heart ailments, making soya chunks a heart-friendly food.
3. Aids In Weight Loss
Soya chunks are unique plant-based protein which is mainly known to reduce body weight and fat mass. The presence of fiber in the soya chunks keeps your hunger at bay.
4. Regulates Hormonal Imbalance In Women
Due to the presence of phytoestrogens in soya chunks, women with irregular hormonal activity can eat soya chunks regularly. This will even help them to balance PCOS hormones.
Weight Loss Transformation: Lost 17Kg With Huge Inch Loss
Today’s transformation story is of a college-going student name Neha, from Cheeka (Kaithal), Haryana. She scheduled a call with one of the expert dietitians of Fitelo and asked for their suggestions and guidance. We have offered her a customized diet plan according to her dislikes and likes. So, let’s read more about her weight loss journey through our success stories section.
How many of your families have switched to packet flour in the past few years? Is it healthy to consume? If interested in finding out the answer then, read now.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Are Some Good Substitutes For Soya Chunks?
If you are a non-vegetarian, then you can easily substitute soya chunks with some form of meat. However, in case you are a vegetarian, the other options that you have are tofu or tempeh. You can also substitute a soya chunk diet with cottonseed meals or even a peanut meal. All of these are protein-rich diets and will benefit you.
What Side Effects Do Soya Chunks Have On The Body?
There are mild side effects of having soya chunks in large quantities. They can cause health issues like nausea or bloating. Sometimes people may be allergic to soya chunks, and they fail to realize it. In such people, consumption of soya chunks can lead to severe itching, rashes on the body, and even anaphylaxis.
On A Per-Day Basis, How Much Soya Chunk Can I Have In My Diet?
Much like other foods, moderation is the most important key here. According to several dieticians, each day, you can have about 25 or 30 grams of this nutritious food.
Contact Us Today
We’re never leaving you hanging with doubts, queries, as well as confusing questions. We understand how all this information gets overwhelming as well as a little confusing on your way to a healthy lifestyle. Hence, you can always contact us at any time as our experts are here to guide you 24/7. Also, we will help you achieve your weight loss goals.
This blog post was written to help you make healthy and better food choices. So, be aware and take care. The important thing to consider is your health before starting a restrictive diet. Always seek advice from a doctor/dietitian before starting if you have any concerns.
Eat Healthy, Live Healthy as well as Enjoy a long happy life