Kulcha, a mildly leavened flatbread variety, is an invention of…
START YOUR FAT TO FIT JOURNEY WITH FITELO
- 50,000+ Happy Customers
- Serving in 57+ countries globally
- 4000+ online reviews with 4.5+ rating
As You Know Winters Are Around The Corner. And All Of Us Are Gonna Have The Basic Makki Di Roti And Sarson Da Saag. But what if we say that we have an amazing alternate to your saag. These lovely green leafy Bathua Raita will surprise you with their amazing taste.
- Clean and discard the stems from the bunch of bathua.
- Then, wash the leaves well under running water to get rid of the dirt.
- Simultaneously, heat some water in a pan and bring it to a boil. Cook for 5-7 minutes and take it off heat.
- Drain the water from the leaves and keep it aside to cool.
- Put the leaves into a grinding jar and make a smooth paste, if needed. Also, add some water while grinding.
- Further, whisk the curd in a bowl.
- Lastly, add the bathua puree, salt according to taste, and roasted cumin powder to the curd. Mix it well.
- Bathua Raita is ready to be served. Chill it for 2-3 hours before serving to get a better taste.
Health Benefits Of Bathua Raita
- The best way to consume bathua leaves is to steam them and cook them like palak sabzi.
- Bathua leaves relieve constipation issues and also help with weight loss.
- It purifies the blood and promotes healthy growth in your hair and also improves eye health.
- Cumin seeds help your body to control the fat content that ultimately controls your cholesterol levels.
- Cumin seeds can also be transferred into powder form which is easier to consume. It stimulates your central nervous system which results in sharper memory.
- Yogurt is especially high in calcium and vitamins. It provides every nutrient that your body needs.
Winters have arrived and so have soups! Who does not love a warm bowl of soup in this chilly weather? But, none of us realizes that we are just playing with our health by relying on packaged soups that scream nothing but chemicals and harmful preservatives! Instead, a much better option is waiting to be picked up right inside your kitchen. Check what it is and why is it better!
Frequently Asked Questions
What Is Bathua And Why Is It Used In Raita?
Bathua, also known as Chenopodium album, is a leafy green vegetable that is commonly used in Indian cuisine. It is a good source of vitamins A and C, iron, and calcium. Bathua is used in raita to add a unique flavor and texture, and to increase the nutritional value of the dish.
Is Bathua Raita Easy To Make?
Yes, bathua raita is an easy recipe that can be made in under 10 minutes. It involves blending bathua leaves with yogurt and spices, and adding a tadka of cumin seeds and red chili powder for extra flavor.
Can I Use Frozen Bathua For Making Raita?
Yes, you can use frozen bathua for making raita. Simply thaw the frozen bathua in the refrigerator, rinse well, and use as per the recipe.
What Are Some Variations Of Bathua Raita?
You can make variations of bathua raita by adding grated carrots, chopped onions, or diced cucumbers for extra crunch and flavor. You can also use different spices such as chaat masala or garam masala, or add a squeeze of lemon juice for a tangy twist.
Is Bathua Raita Healthy?
Yes, bathua raita is a healthy dish that is low in calories and high in nutrients. It is a good source of protein, calcium, and vitamins, and can help improve digestion and boost immunity. Additionally, it is a great option for those who are looking for a low-carb or gluten-free side dish.
Contact Us Today
We understand it is a bit tricky which diet plan will work for you and which will not, it can be complicated and confusing, hence you need to consult a professional. So, contact us today if you are looking for a customized diet plan or any diet plans, and we will help you fulfill your new year’s resolution.
This blog post was written to help you to make healthy and better food choices altogether. So, be aware and take care. The important thing to consider is your health before starting a restrictive diet. Always seek advice from a doctor/dietitian before starting if you have any concerns.
Eat Healthy, Live Healthy. Enjoy a long happy life.