White sauce pasta is every household favorite. The creamy, rich,…
START YOUR FAT TO FIT JOURNEY WITH FITELO
- 50,000+ Happy Customers
- Serving in 57+ countries globally
- 4000+ online reviews with 4.5+ rating
Buddha Bowl is a simple yet flavorful vegetarian recipe with the goodness of sweet potatoes. But where did the name ‘ Buddha Bowl’ come from? To summarize in short, on his travels around the world Lord Buddha carried a bowl and took food as a donation from people, which he would eat at the end of the day.
They are generally thought of as a totally balanced, typically plant-based meal…in a bowl! The first step is to include some roasted veggies, which are then placed over a bed of greens or grains and dressed on top. It gives the food a little more crunch and zest while also boosting immunity.
How To Make Buddha Bowl
- Firstly boil the sweet potatoes in half-stockpot water and peel them while they are warm.
- After that take a pan and toss the sweet potatoes with olive oil, salt, and pepper until it is golden brown.
- Thinly slice the radish into rounds (best done using a slicer or on a mandoline), and use a vegetable peeler to peel the carrots into ribbons.
- Then, toss the radish slices, carrot ribbons, and shredded cabbage with a squeeze of lemon. Set it aside.
- On the other hand, place the kale leaves into a large bowl and toss it with a squeeze of lemon and a few pinches of salt.
- Use your hands to massage the leaves until they become soft and wilted and continue doing it till it is reduced in the bowl by about half the quantity.
- Assemble individual bowls together with barnyard millet, chickpeas, spinach, carrots, radishes, cabbage, sweet potatoes, red pickled onion, sesame seeds, and microgreens (if using).
- At last, season it with salt and pepper and dress it with turmeric tahini sauce. Grab your fresh and flavorful healthy bowl.
- Red cabbage is an extremely healthy vegetable and has been studied for its anti-aging effects and as an immune supporter.
- Sweet potatoes are low in Glycemic Index, which helps to fill you up for longer and aid your digestive health.
- Dark leafy greens such as spinach and kale are the richest sources of iron from plant food important for those vegetarians/vegans out there!
- Spinach is not only extremely healthy but versatile as well being rich in vitamin K, folate, and high in iron.
- Legumes like chickpeas are important for building strong bones include magnesium and calcium
- This recipe is also termed as a powerhouse of nutrients and a very strong option if you are looking to recover from any medical issue.
Looking for more healthy snack options to binge? Try this beloved South snack with this homemade easy and very healthy “banana chips” recipe. A low calories high fiber snack for you to binge without weight gain.
Blogs Ka Pitara
- Keto Diet Plan: Everything You Need To Know About It
- Atta For Weight Loss: Which Atta is Good For Your Health?
- Beetroot Benefits: 9 Reasons To Eat This Superfood
Frequently Asked Questions
What Is A Buddha Bowl?
A Buddha bowl is a bowl filled with a variety of colorful, nutritious foods, such as grains, vegetables, and proteins. It is often vegetarian or vegan and can be customized to include any combination of ingredients.
What Are Some Common Ingredients In A Buddha Bowl?
Common ingredients in a Buddha bowl can include quinoa, brown rice, roasted sweet potato, roasted or raw vegetables (such as carrots, broccoli, or bell peppers), chickpeas or other beans, avocado, nuts or seeds, and a flavorful dressing or sauce.
Can I Make A Buddha Bowl Ahead Of Time?
Yes, you can prepare a Buddha bowl ahead of time, but it’s best to keep the components separate until ready to eat to prevent sogginess. You can also pre-cook some of the ingredients, such as the grains or roasted vegetables, and store them in the fridge until ready to assemble.
How Do I Make A Flavorful Dressing Or Sauce For My Buddha Bowl?
A simple and delicious dressing can be made by whisking together olive oil, lemon juice, honey or maple syrup, and a pinch of salt and pepper. You can also experiment with different herbs, spices, and vinegar to create a variety of flavors.
Your search to find the right guidance to be a part of all those fat-to-fit stories ends here. So, Contact us today if you are looking for a Diet Plan with cheat meals. Also, you can reach out to us at +91-9402850007 for any queries.
All recipes from Fitelo kitchen are devised to suit specific needs. In either case, what may suit one condition may not be applicable to the other. Hence always consult your nutritionist or dietitian before adding these recipes to your diet.
Eat Healthy, Live Healthy. Enjoy a long happy life.