White sauce pasta is every household favorite. The creamy, rich,…
START YOUR FAT TO FIT JOURNEY WITH FITELO
- 35,000+ Happy Customers
- Serving in 57+ countries globally
- 4000+ online reviews with 4.5+ rating
This Oats Dosa Recipe is a super-healthy version of your regular Dosa. It fulfills all the criteria required for it to be the perfect breakfast option! So, savor its deliciousness and feel healthy at the same time.
- Wash channa dal, tur dal properly till the water turns clean (can use other pulses and lentils)
- Soak them in a container along with oats for 5 to 6 hours.
- Add soaked oats, channa dal, and tur dal into the grinder along with green or red chilies, ginger/garlic paste, salt (as per taste), 3-4 curry leaves, jeera (1 teaspoon), cumin seeds (1tea spoon), 2 pinches of hing, and a half cup of water then grind the mixture well until it turns into a thick paste.
- If you are making it for breakfast let the batter rest overnight or use it instantly.
- Turn on the heat and spray (2 sprays are more than sufficient) some oil over the pan.
- Spread the batter properly and cook from both sides for 2-2 minutes.
- Oats Dosa is ready to eat! You can serve it with any homemade chutney or sambhar.
Health Benefits Of Oats Dosa
- Oats are much easier to digest by the body as compared to beans and other pulses.
- Also, oats are known to lower blood sugar levels in the blood. High blood sugar leads to diabetes, so if you are suffering from Diabetes, Oats Dosa will be perfect for you!
- Oats are a rich source of dietary fibers thus promoting the feeling of fullness in the body. Hence, Oats Dosa will be perfect to consume if you are looking for weight loss.
- Lastly, oats are an excellent source of protein among all the other fiber-rich options. Oats help in building muscle and tissue growth.
Are you a fan of soups? Then you need to know that packaged soups are damaging your health! Read this post to know how smart marketers are fooling you.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Are The Health Benefits Of Oats Dosa?
Oats dosa is a healthy breakfast option as it is low in calories and high in fiber. It helps to keep you full for longer, aids digestion, and promotes weight loss. It is also a good source of protein and essential nutrients like iron, calcium, and B vitamins.
How Is Oats Dosa Different From Regular Dosa?
Oats dosa is made with a batter that includes a significant portion of oats along with rice, lentils, and other ingredients. It is a healthier alternative to regular dosa as it is low in calories, gluten-free, and has a higher fiber content.
Can Oats Dosa Be Made Without Rice?
Yes, oats dosa can be made without rice by substituting it with other grains like quinoa, millets, or buckwheat. The proportion of other ingredients in the batter may need to be adjusted accordingly.
How Do You Store Leftover Oats Dosa Batter?
Leftover oats dosa batter can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2-3 days. Before making dosas, take the batter out of the refrigerator and let it come to room temperature. If the batter is too thick, you can add some water to thin it down.
Can Oats Dosa Be Made Vegan?
Yes, oats dosa can be made vegan by omitting the ghee or butter used for greasing the dosa pan. Instead, you can use cooking spray or a non-stick pan. Additionally, any toppings like cheese or yogurt can be replaced with vegan alternatives.
Contact Us Today
We understand it is a bit tricky which diet plan will work for you and which will not, it can be complicated and confusing, hence you need to consult a professional. So, contact us today if you are looking for a customized diet plan or any diet plans, and we will help you fulfill your new year’s resolution.
This blog post was written to help you to make healthy and better food choices altogether. So, be aware and take care. The important thing to consider is your health before starting a restrictive diet. Always seek advice from a doctor/dietitian before starting if you have any concerns.
Eat Healthy, Live Healthy. Enjoy a long happy life.