White sauce pasta is every household favorite. The creamy, rich,…
START YOUR FAT TO FIT JOURNEY WITH FITELO
- 25,000+ Happy Customers
- Serving in 57+ countries globally
- 4000+ online reviews with 4.5+ rating
How many out there are fans of ‘Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah’? If yes, then you must know about ‘Thepla’. But many non-Gujarati out there might don’t know the detailed recipe. So, are you Interested to find you how we can prepare this amazing ‘Thepla Recipe’? Let’s try it out.
Thepla recipe is one of the most popular and healthy Gujarati breakfast recipes. It is very similar to paratha, made up of whole wheat flour. It goes well with curd (low fat) and is thus the most convenient food when traveling. We can prepare this meal in endless variations depending upon the taste and richness of nutrients.
- Firstly, boil finely chopped spinach leaves.
- Then, in a large mixing bowl take wheat flour.
- Now, add green chili, garlic paste, turmeric powder, boiled spinach, and salt (as per taste).
- Prepare a dough.
- Then, on a hot Tawa add 2 tsp of ghee and place the rolled thepla and cook for a minute.
- Furthermore, when one side of thepla is cooked, flip to cook another side.
- Finally, serve spinach stuffed thepla.
Health Benefits of Thepla Recipe
Full of Vitamin B-complex
- Wheat is one of the essential ingredients in thepla. Also, it is well known as a source of B-complex vitamins and fiber. It helps in converting our foods into fuel allowing us to stay energized.
- Also, wheat works on a cellular level and prevents promoting healthy skin, eyes, hair, liver, and nerves.
Rich in Vitamins and Minerals
- The nutritional content in your theplas depends on the ingredients you add to them.
- You can choose from a variety of vegetables like spinach, doodhi or bottle gourd, carrots and which will make your theplas rich in vitamins and minerals.
Assists in Weight Loss
- To lose weight, you should not only depend on exercises and workouts. Your focus should also be on improving your daily eating habits. Including thepla in your daily routine is one such food, that can help you with weight loss.
- The presence of elements like vitamin B-complex, and fiber in it can help you in your weight loss journey. These ingredients present in it can help you burn those extra calories and will provide you with energy.
Have you ever wondered why your weight loss is so slow compared to others?
This is a very common question people mainly ask themselves but fails to understand the reason behind this. So, keeping this in mind Dietician Mac Singh has recorded a detailed video talking about the concept of weight loss and understanding the science behind the same. Let’s watch and learn how to loos weight.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How to make thepla’s soft?
To make spinach stuffed thepla soft, you can add yogurt (low fat) to the dough. You can also add besan powder in the (if recommended by your dietician) recipe which makes the thepla slightly crisp but if you want them really soft, skip adding besan in the dough.
Tip: Additionally, you can replace water with buttermilk to knead the dough to make it even softer.
Which other flour can be used to make it?
Traditionally, whole wheat flour but few people also like to add a tablespoon of Bajre ka Atta or Jowar ka Atta to their dough. It enhances the taste and also adds nutritional value to your dish.
How to prepare the methi thepla recipe?
To make methi thepla or also called ‘methi na thepla’ in Guajrati, you can add methi leaves instead of spinach while preparing the stuff. And, the rest of the steps will remain the same.
Blogs Ka Pitara
- Pomegranate-The Miracle Fruit. Why Doctors and Dietitians Love Anar
- Best Online Nutritionist & Dietitian in Bangalore
- Best Diet Plan & Dietitian for Heart Patient
Contact Us Today
Your search to find the right guidance to be a part of all those fat-to-fit stories ends here. So, Contact us today if you are looking for a Diet Plan with cheat meals. Also, we will discuss how we can help you in achieving your weight loss goal.
All recipes from Fitelo’s kitchen are devised to suit specific needs. And what may suit one condition may not be applicable to the other. Hence always consult your nutritionist or dietitian before adding these recipes to your diet.