Idli also called rice cake, is arguably one of the…
START YOUR FAT TO FIT JOURNEY WITH FITELO
- 35,000+ Happy Customers
- Serving in 57+ countries globally
- 4000+ online reviews with 4.5+ rating
Are you a working mom, an entrepreneur, or a housewife with a hectic schedule seeking a one-pot meal that is simple and practical to prepare for a weekday dinner? We’ve got a tasty vegetarian Thukpa recipe for you right here. It’s a well-liked spicy noodle soup. It’s a great way to incorporate nutritious ingredients into your diet during the cold winter seasons or on rainy days.
What Is Thukpa?
Thukpa is a noodle soup garnished with meat, spices, and vegetables. This iconic meal is highly liked in Nepal, Bhutan, Tibet, China, and the northeastern Indian states of Sikkim, Assam, and Arunachal Pradesh. On the other hand, cooking techniques and ingredients vary depending on regional preferences and supply. The word “thuk” means “heart,” hence the dish is described as being nourishing and heartwarming.
Due to its quick digestion and low calorific value, it is a reasonably healthy meal option.
Likewise, in a well-known soup version “Thenthuk,” string noodles are swapped out for flat, square-shaped noodles resembling pasta crumbs. Another variation can involve soups made with eggs or even tofu.
How To Prepare A Veg Thukpa Recipe
Here is a step-by-step instruction for making the Thukpa recipe.
Step 1: Firstly, add the noodles to the boiling water and cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until the noodles are just beginning to soften. Depending on the noodles you use, cooking time will vary.
Step 2: Check the noodles by breaking them; if it’s soft, they are done. After straining the noodles, don’t throw the noodle water.
Step 3: Then, chop the onion, carrot, garlic, and ginger finely. Slice some green chilies and mushrooms. Also, chop the cabbage and keep it aside.
Step 4: Afterward, heat the oil over a medium flame in a deep pan. Add the chopped green chili, ginger, and garlic that have been chopped and sauté for a few seconds.
Step 5: Add the chopped onion, stir well, and cook for one minute. You can add the carrot now, so they turn to tender and get well cooked.
Step 6: Add the diced tomatoes and cook until they are soft and mushy. Then, add the chopped mushroom and cabbage and cook for 2- 3 mins. The cabbage enhances the soup’s base and flavor.
Step 7: Add pepper powder, red chili powder, garam masala, soya sauce, and cumin powder altogether and stir.
Step 8: Then, add the noodle’s water, stir well, and cook it for 4 to 5 minutes. Further, add the lemon juice.
Step 9: Finally,
- Add the cooked noodles and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Garnish with cilantro and spring onions.
It’s time to serve the Veg Thukpa recipe.
Health Benefits Of Thukpa Recipe
Thukpa recipe is one of the healthy choices of soup. Some benefits of it are
- Thukpa soup is a rich source of protein and carbohydrates rich food. They include nutrients from carrots, mushrooms, and noodles.
- In addition, Niacin, pantothenic acid, and riboflavin are all abundant in mushrooms. The combination helps protect heart health.
- Further, wintertime immunity is boosted by pepper and ginger. Likewise, Garlic which is high in phytochemicals and potassium supports a healthy immune system, fights cancer, and guards the heart.
- Due to the addition of cabbage, which is high in fiber, thukpa may help facilitate bowel movements and promote digestion.
- Onions can improve digestive health and lower your risk of heart disease when consumed regularly. Moreover, Phytochemicals, vitamins, and minerals are all abundant in onion.
Tips On Making Thukpa
- Whole wheat noodles can be substituted with Hakka noodles, egg noodles, rice noodles, or flat noodles.
- Before serving, add extra water, salt, and pepper powder if the soup starts to thicken (the noodles will absorb the water).
- Further, you can replace the vegetables of your choice.
- I prepared a vegetarian thukpa recipe. You also include chicken in the soup.
Noodle Types Used To Prepare Thukpa
Depending on where you are, Thukpa uses various kinds of noodles.
- Hand-rolled Small Bhasta noodles are used to make Thukpa Bathuk.
- Likewise, the Thenthuk is made with hand-pulled noodles.
- Chinese noodles or spaghetti are added to Thukpa Gyathuk because, in Tibetan, Gyathuk refers to Chinese noodles. Chinese noodles are frequently made of rice, in contrast to the other meals that use wheat-based noodles.
- Pathug Thukpa has hand-made pinched noodles.
How To Prepare Fresh Noodles
Using freshly cooked noodles is the finest way to enjoy thukpa. Here is a recipe for Ribbon Noodles that you can try:
Ingredients: To make fresh noodles, you’ll need all-purpose/wheat flour, water, oil, and salt.
- Firstly, make a smooth dough by combining water and flour. Keep the dough’s consistency in line with the dough used to make regular chapattis. Wrap the dough up.
- Apply oil to the dough’s surface and let the dough rest for 30 minutes.
- In addition, to prevent sticking, roll the dough in some dry flour beforehand. Maintain the paratha-like thickness. Cut parallel lines across the dough using a knife.
- Later, boil a pot of water, and add a bit of salt to it. Use flour to stretch each strip of the dough cut in parallel. (To stretch the strips out, you can beat them on the surface or swing the strips up and down). Further, to prevent the strips from sticking and breaking, use dry flour.
- You can stretch the strip to your preference and put it in boiling water. You can cook the strips all at once or one at a time. Repeat the process with each strip.
- Remove from boiling water once cooked to prevent overcooking because they will be cooked again in Thukpa.
- Finally, fresh noodles are ready to go in the Thukpa recipe.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What Is Veg Thukpa Made Of?
Ans: The veg thukpa is a typical soup-based cuisine with noodles and common vegetables like spinach, cabbage, bell pepper, carrots, and tomatoes.
Q: Is the Thukpa Recipe Good For Health?
Ans: Yes! The addition of lots of vegetables and spices makes it a healthy option.
Q: How to Make A Thukpa Recipe For Weight loss?
Ans: It’s simple to prepare, chop and keep your desired vegetables. Add some oil, ginger, garlic, and onion, and saute in a heated pan. Then add all other vegetables and cook for 5 mins. Finally, add the spices and cooked noodles. Garnish with spring onion.
Q: What Are The Benefits Of The Thukpa Recipe?
Ans: They are excellent for immunity, digestion, and bowel movements.
Q: Does Thukpa Help In Weight Loss?
Ans: Yes! Consuming the Thukpa recipe regularly can help you lose weight as they contain protein and good carbs.
Weight Loss Transformation Of Joythi
Jyothi was a French teacher from Delhi. Besides, her medical conditions she had amazing weight loss with our customized meal plan.
Making noodles is a lot of fun, and the outcome is just delicious, especially when they are added to soups. They are lip-smacking. Also, we have seen how to prepare fresh wheat noodles in great detail. Similarly, if you’re interested in knowing how to prepare rice noodles, visit the link up top.
Contact Us Today
Your search to find the right guidance to be a part of all those fat-to-fit stories ends here. So, contact us today, if you are looking for a diet plan with cheat meals. Also, we will discuss how we can help you achieve your weight loss goals.
Recipes from Fitelo’s kitchen are devised to suit specific needs. And what may suit one condition may not be applicable to the other. However, always consult your nutritionist or dietitian before adding any of these recipes to your diet. Read More.