White sauce pasta is every household favorite. The creamy, rich,…
START YOUR FAT TO FIT JOURNEY WITH FITELO
- 25,000+ Happy Customers
- Serving in 57+ countries globally
- 4000+ online reviews with 4.5+ rating
Tomato rice recipe is a south Indian dish made with rice, tomatoes, spices, and herbs. Tomatoes being a good source of lycopene and contribute to tangy flavor when combined with rice.
- Prepare white steamed rice after removing starch (give 4-5 times of washing).
- Take tomatoes, flame peel, and make a fine paste from tomatoes.
- In a pan, add oil and heat it until the raw odor of oil goes away.
- Then add cumin seeds, curry leaves, green chilies, and cinnamon.
- Add ginger, garlic, and onion, heat till it’s golden brown.
- Then add chopped capsicum and bell peppers.
- Heat it for a while.
- In a pan, add tomato paste, basil leaves, mint leaves and give it a gentle boil.
- Then, add salt as per taste, red chili powder, black pepper, dhania powder, and stir it well.
- Then, mix the rice prepared earlier.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and enjoy tangy tomato rice.
- Tomatoes are also a great source of vitamin C, potassium, folate, and vitamin K.
- Also, tomatoes are low in carbs and are made up of water.
- Tomatoes are considered beneficial for skin health as they may protect against sunburns.
- They are juicy and sweet, full of antioxidants, and also may help fight several diseases.
Here some of our recipes you can give a try
Do you love white rice but worried about gaining weight with it? What if we tell you that rice won’t make you fat? Thus, Read the full post to know the reality about the same.
Looking to lose weight from the comfort of your home? So, for any query or in case you are looking for online nutrition consultation, reach out to us at +919402850007.
For a tangy twist to your regular rice, we have come up with this recipe for you. Do give it a try. But, please make sure to consume the Tomato rice recipe under the guidance of a dietitian/nutritionist.