Kulcha, a mildly leavened flatbread variety, is an invention of…
START YOUR FAT TO FIT JOURNEY WITH FITELO
- 25,000+ Happy Customers
- Serving in 57+ countries globally
- 4000+ online reviews with 4.5+ rating
To begin, have you battled to get your kids to choose this nutritious food as a mother or grandma? With the addition of vibrant veggies, therefore, I have come up with a veg vermicelli recipe. Pack this delicious food in your child’s lunchbox and see it coming empty. Vermicelli upma, a nutritious, vegan dish from South India, is also referred to as Semiya upma, Sevai upma, or Seviyan Upma. Further, making them is quick and easy; it only takes 30 minutes. Veg Vermicelli is a healthy vegan meal and a perfect choice for lunch, snacks, and morning brunch.
How To Make Veg Vermicelii Upma
In short, follow this step-by-step cooking instruction to catch up with a delicious Veg Vermicelli Recipe.
Step 1: Boil water and then add the vermicelli, salt, and two tablespoons of oil. Cook for exactly one minute or until done. Drain and quickly rinse the vermicelli with cold water before setting it aside.
Step 2: In two cups of water, boil the potato, carrot, and cauliflower until they are almost done. Add green peas and cook for an additional five minutes. Cool and drain.
Step 3: Preheat a saucepan, add one tablespoon of oil or ghee, and roast the vermicelli for 5 to 8 minutes on low heat, occasionally stirring, until golden brown. Remove from the heat and set aside. (You can skip this step if you have roasted vermicelli).
Step 4: Whereas, in the same saucepan, heat the remaining oil. Add the mustard seeds along with urad dal, and temper for 30 seconds over a medium flame. (You can also add broken cashews.)
Step 5: After the seed has splattered, further add curry leaves, asafetida, ginger, and green chili and sauté for 2 minutes.
Step 6: Now add the finely chopped onion and sauté until transparent. Then add tomatoes and cook finely.
Step 7: It’s time to add the boiled veggies and turmeric and stir for 2mins. Then you can add the cooked vermicelli, stir and mix.
Step 8: Finally, add the lemon juice and garnish with freshly chopped coriander leaves. Delicious Veg Vermicelli Upma is ready.
Health Benefits Of Veg Vermicelli Upma
Moreover, there are many added benefits to including veg vermicelli in your diet.
- Its high protein content aids in the repair of our body’s damaged cells and the development of a robust immune system. One crucial aspect is that it contains no saturated fat as meat does.
- Likewise, vermicelli is iron rich which aids in improving focus and guards against anemia.
- Its high dietary fiber cleans your digestive tract and will help enhance your general health.
- In addition, semolina vermicelli is excellent for weight loss.
You can note down these tips for making your cooking experience easier and tastier.
- If you wish to save time, roasted vermicelli can be used instead of raw vermicelli.
- You are free to use any vegetable. Green beans, edamame, maize, and bell peppers are a few alternatives. To improve the protein content of this dish, you may also add paneer or tofu that has been briefly sautéed.
- Further, there are different types of vermicelli, like those made of rice, maida, wheat, semolina (durum wheat), ragi, and millet.
- You can add dry red chili while tempering to add flavor.
Veg Vermicelli Biriyani
Yes! For all those biriyani lovers out there, you can also try this Veg Vermicelli Biriyani.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What Are The Benefits Of Veg Vermicelli?
Ans: For example, veg vermicelli has high protein content and aids in the repair of our body’s damaged cells and the development of a robust immune system. Moreover, it contains no saturated fat as meat does.
Also, they help in our weight loss journey.
Q: Is Veg Vermicelli Good For Health?
Ans: Yes, it is loaded with protein, iron, and dietary fiber which is great for our general health.
Q: How To Use Veg Vermicelli For Weight Loss?
Ans: There are different types of vermicelli, but if you want to lose weight use Semolina, which is made of Durum wheat.
Q: What Are The Ingredients In The Veg Vermicelli Recipe?
Ans: Veg Vermicelli is simple to prepare, some ingredients used are oil, vermicelli, vegetables, and some spices
You don’t have to get bored while making upma’s, there are different varieties to try to make you’re cooking an adventure. Have you tried the Millet Upma recipe? If not, try now.
Contact Us Today
Your search to find the right guidance to be a part of all those fat-to-fit stories ends here. So, contact us today if you are looking for a diet plan with cheat meals. Also, we will discuss how we can help you achieve your weight loss goals.
All recipes from Fitelo’s kitchen are devised to suit specific needs. And what may suit one condition may not be applicable to the other. However, always consult your nutritionist or dietitian before adding any of these recipes to your diet. Read More.