White sauce pasta is every household favorite. The creamy, rich,…
START YOUR FAT TO FIT JOURNEY WITH FITELO
- 50,000+ Happy Customers
- Serving in 57+ countries globally
- 4000+ online reviews with 4.5+ rating
Indulge in a refreshing and healthy treat with this delightful Vegan Fruit Custard Recipe. Perfect for those scorching hot summer days, this recipe combines the lusciousness of custard with the vibrant flavors of seasonal fruits. Packed with vitamins and nutrients, this vegan dessert is not only delicious but also guilt-free. With its creamy texture and a burst of fruity goodness, this recipe is sure to be a hit among both vegans and non-vegans alike. Get ready to tantalize your taste buds with this delectable summer dessert.
How To Make Vegan Fruit Custard Recipe
- In a small bowl, whisk together the cornstarch and a quarter cup of plant-based milk until smooth. Set it aside.
- In a saucepan, heat the remaining plant-based milk over medium heat until it starts to simmer. Take caution not to let it boil.
- Slowly pour the cornstarch mixture into the simmering milk while whisking continuously.
- Stir in the maple syrup (or your preferred sweetener) and vanilla extract. Continue whisking for about 5-7 minutes until the mixture thickens into a custard-like consistency.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and let the custard cool for a few minutes.
- Once the custard has cooled slightly, transfer it to a container and cover it with plastic wrap, ensuring that the wrap touches the surface of the custard. This stops a skin from developing on top.
- Place the custard in the refrigerator and let it chill for at least 2 hours or until completely cold.
Health Benefits Of Vegan Fruit Custard Recipe
The Vegan Fruit Custard recipe not only tantalizes your taste buds but also offers several health benefits due to the inclusion of fresh fruits and plant-based ingredients. Here are some of the health benefits associated with this delightful dessert:
- Rich In Nutrients: The assortment of seasonal fruits in the custard provides a wide range of essential vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. These nutrients support overall health and help strengthen the immune system.
- Fiber Boost: Fruits are fiber rich foods naturally, which aids digestion, promotes satiety, and helps maintain healthy cholesterol levels. The custard’s fruit content contributes to your daily fiber intake, supporting digestive health.
- Antioxidant Power: Fruits are known for their high antioxidant content. Antioxidants help combat oxidative stress in the body, reducing the risk of chronic diseases, such as heart disease and certain cancers.
- Hydration Support: Many fruits have high water content, aiding in hydration. Incorporating hydrating fruits like watermelon, oranges, and grapes into the custard helps maintain fluid balance, especially during hot summer days.
- Low In Saturated Fat: The vegan custard base, typically made with plant-based milk, contains little to no saturated fat. This helps promote heart health by reducing the intake of unhealthy fats.
- Cholesterol-Free: As the recipe is plant-based, it is free from cholesterol. High cholesterol levels are linked to an increased risk of heart disease, and a vegan fruit custard can be a heart-healthy alternative.
- Potential Weight Management: The combination of fiber-rich fruits and a lighter custard base can contribute to a feeling of fullness and satisfaction. This can help with portion control and potentially support weight management goals.
- Allergen-Friendly: Vegan fruit custard is free from common allergens such as dairy and eggs, making it suitable for individuals with lactose intolerance, milk allergies, or egg allergies.
Summer Symphony: Fruit Varieties & How To Prepare Them
Discover a variety of fruit options for your Vegan Fruit Custard, from tangy berries to tropical mangoes, and learn how to properly select, wash, and chop them for a delightful summer dessert.
Various Fruit Options And Suitability For The Custard
When selecting fruits for your Vegan Fruit Custard, it’s important to consider their taste, texture, and compatibility with the creamy custard base. Here are some popular fruit options and their suitability:
- Berries (strawberries, blueberries, raspberries): Berries are perfect for adding a burst of color and tangy flavor to the custard. They hold their shape well and provide a pleasant texture.
- Bananas: Sliced bananas bring a creamy and slightly sweet taste to the custard. They pair well with most fruits and add a smooth texture.
- Mangoes: Mangoes offer a tropical sweetness and a vibrant color. They add a juicy and refreshing element to the custard.
- Peaches: With their juicy and fragrant flesh, peaches provide a delightful flavor and a slightly tangy taste. They complement the custard’s creaminess.
- Kiwis: Kiwis bring a refreshing tartness and a bright green color to the custard. They add a unique and tangy flavor profile. Also, kiwi is good for diabetes.
- Pineapples: Pineapples offer a sweet and tropical taste, providing a delicious contrast to the creamy custard.
- Pomegranate: Pomegranate arils, with their juicy and tangy flavor, add a delightful burst of sweetness and texture to the custard. They also bring a vibrant pop of color.
- Oranges: Orange segments can provide a refreshing citrusy taste and a juicy texture. They complement the custard with their bright flavor.
- Apples: Thinly sliced apples can add a crisp and slightly tart element to the custard. Choose sweet or tart varieties based on your preference.
- Grapes: Halved grapes, whether green, red, or black, offer a burst of juiciness and a mild sweetness. They can contribute a lovely texture to the custard.
- Cherries: Pitted cherries bring a sweet and tangy taste, along with a pleasant chewiness. They can add a pop of color and flavor to the custard.
Proper Selection, Washing, And Chopping Of Fruits
- Selecting: Choose ripe but firm fruits that are free from bruises or blemishes. Look for vibrant colors and a pleasant aroma, as these indicate freshness.
- Washing: Before preparing the fruits, wash them thoroughly under running water to remove any dirt or residue. Use a fresh kitchen towel to gently pat them dry.
- Chopping: Peel and remove any inedible parts of the fruits, such as stems, seeds, or cores. Slice or chop them into bite-sized pieces or slices, ensuring uniformity for even distribution in the custard.
- Timing: Chop the fruits just before assembling the custard to maintain their freshness and prevent discoloration.
Remember, you can get creative with your fruit selection based on personal preferences and seasonal availability. Also, feel free to mix and match different fruits to create a colorful and flavorful custard experience. Enjoy the burst of fruity goodness in your Vegan Fruit Custard!
4 Reasons Why You Gain Weight Temporarily & How To Fix It
In this video, you’ll learn about the four reasons why you might experience temporary weight gain and how to fix it. To get a detailed understanding of these reasons and their solutions, check out the video.
Did you know that curry leaves can help you lose weight and reduce belly fat? Not only that, but they also have properties that can treat morning sickness, heal skin wounds, lower cholesterol, fight bacterial infections, protect the liver, treat diabetes, and even treat calcium deficiency. Want to know more about the benefits of curry leaves? Check out the link!
Japneet’s Transformation: Amazing Weight Loss Journey
Read Japneet’s weight loss transformation story where she lost 31.2kg in just 4 months with Fitelo’s customized diet plan that caters to her preferences. Fitelo works on the root cause of weight gain and ensures weight loss is maintained. Further, book a consultation with our health expert to get your own customized plan.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Vegan Fruit Custard Recipe Good For Weight Loss?
Yes, it is! The use of skimmed milk makes it right for weight watchers too
Is Fruit Custard Healthy Or Unhealthy?
Fruit custard can be a healthy dessert option when prepared with wholesome ingredients, such as fresh fruits, plant-based milk, and natural sweeteners. However, it’s important to watch portion sizes and avoid excessive added sugars or high-fat ingredients to maintain their healthiness.
Can We Eat Custard In Diet?
Custard can be enjoyed as part of a balanced diet when consumed in moderation. Opt for healthier versions with reduced sugar and lower-fat options, and incorporate it as a treat within your overall dietary plan.
What Are Some Tips For Making A Healthy Vegan Fruit Custard?
To make a healthy vegan fruit custard, opt for natural sweeteners like maple syrup, use plant-based milk low in added sugars, increase fruit-to-custard ratio, and choose seasonal fruits for maximum freshness and nutrient content.
Contact Us Today
Your search to find the right guidance to be a part of all those fat-to-fit stories ends here. So, contact us today if you are looking for a diet plan with cheat meals. Also, we will discuss how we can help you achieve your weight loss goals.
This blog post was written to help you to make healthy and better food choices altogether. So, be aware and take care. The important thing to consider is your own health before starting a diet that is restrictive. Therefore, always seek advice from a doctor/dietitian before starting if you have any concerns.
Eat Healthy, Live Healthy. Enjoy a long happy life.