Check out this homemade vegetable khichdi recipe which is fairly easy to prepare and healthy. Just add some spices and a mix of veggies. This recipe is super nutritious, so can be your all time go-to snack
- Crush ginger, garlic and green chili in mortar and pestle. Alternatively use a small grinder or an already chopped paste.
- Simultaneously, chop the veggies required and keep them ready.
- Then take both dal and rice together and rinse 2-3 times using water.
- Further, heat the pressure cooker. Then add mustard seeds and cumin seeds.
- Then add chopped onions and crushed ginger, garlic, chili. Mix and cook till onion becomes soft.
- Now add all the vegetables, salt and spices (turmeric, red chili, coriander, cumin, garam masala powder). Mix them well.
- Furthermore, add water and stir. Cover with lid and cook for 3 whistles on medium heat. Then turn off the stove.
- Open the lid once pressure releases. Mix with spatula.
- lastly, put the vegetable khichdi in a plate or a bowl and serve hot!
- Calories – 332
- Saturated Fat – 4 g
- Cholesterol – 16 mg
- Sodium – 31 mg
- Potassium – 691 mg
- Carbohydrates – 55 g
- Fiber – 8 g
- Sugar – 6 g
- Protein – 11 g
- Vitamin A – 855 IU
- Vitamin C – 14.2 mg
- Calcium – 81 mg
- Iron – 3.5 mg
HEALTH BENEFITS OF VEGETABLE KHICHDI RECIPE
- Vegetable khichdi has the perfect balance of nutrients, which enhances its nutritional value and makes it super healthy.
- Khichdi is gluten-free since rice does not contain gluten.
- Cumin used in khichdi improves digestion of the body, which maintains the digestive system. Hence, promotes weight loss.
- Turmeric is the “golden spice” that is used in vegetable khichdi which promotes anti-inflammatory properties.
- Lentils are rich in polyphenols which help in lowering blood pressure and protect the body from various cardiovascular diseases. So, consume this vegetable-recipe for your heart health.
YUMMY AND HEALTHY RECIPES FROM OUR KITCHEN
OUR INSPIRING CUSTOMER STORIES
- Want to get a toned body? Our nutrition diet service will do the trick
- Check out Manju’s improved metabolism with our weight loss nutritionist
- Read Tareeka’s Weight Loss Story with Our Diet Consultant. Join FITELO
Have palak. Also have paneer . But do not have palak-paneer! Want to know why? Just read this post till the end.
BLOGS KA PITARA
- Health mistakes fit people make
- Cinnamon For Weight Loss; Benefits, Tips & Tricks to use it
- Is sweet corn good for weight loss ? Let’s find out.
Inspired to transform your life? So, Contact us today if you are looking for a diet plan for weight loss in India. Let us discuss how we can help you in achieving your weight loss and fitness goals. So, reach out to us at +919402850007.
All recipes from FITELO’S kitchen are devised to suit specific needs. So, what may suit one condition may not be applicable to the other. Hence, always consult your nutritionist or dietitian before adding any recipe to your diet.