Idli also called rice cake, is arguably one of the…
START YOUR FAT TO FIT JOURNEY WITH FITELO
- 50,000+ Happy Customers
- Serving in 57+ countries globally
- 4000+ online reviews with 4.5+ rating
This Vegetable Shumai can simply make your mouth water just by looking at it. It is really easy to make and can be quickly cooked. So, if you have a party or get-together coming up, you know what to serve your guests with!
- Firstly, prepare the dumpling wrappers. Take flour in a bowl and, add 1- 1/2 tsp of salt and ½ cup of warm water in it.
- Knead a semi-stiff dough and let it rest for 25 minutes minimum.
- Now knead the dough again on a smooth platform for 5 minutes and make small dough balls out of it.
- Roll these dough balls out in thin circles.
- Then, finely chop the veggies.
- Finely chop the tofu as well and mix everything.
- Now, add 1 tsp of salt to this mix, transfer this mixture to a cloth and keep aside.
- Drain the water that comes out of the veggies after 5 minutes as we need them to be dry.
- Fill the dumplings, steam, and serve!
- Now, put 1 tsp of the filling on each wrapper and start wrapping from the ends.
- Remember to keep the top open. Steam the prepared dumplings for 10-15 minutes.
- Finally, garnish with chilli oil or green onion leaves and serve with hot sauce!
Health Benefits Of The Vegetable Shumai Recipe
- Whole wheat is a decent source of vitamins and minerals, including selenium, manganese, phosphorus, copper, and folate.
- Tofu is low in calories but high in protein and fat. It also contains many important vitamins and minerals.
- Cabbage is a low-calorie vegetable that is rich in antioxidants. So, if you are looking for weight management, this Vegetable Shumai recipe is the one.
- Also, cabbage contains insoluble fiber, which keeps the digestive system healthy by providing fuel for friendly bacteria and promoting regular bowel movements.
- Black pepper extract is known improve blood sugar levels. So, people who are prone to or suffering from diabetes, have Vegetable Shumai!
This post is for all you people who think that winters are equivalent to weight gain. We are going to bust this myth. So, read this post till the end to know about 5 foods that will help you shed kilos this winter.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Is Shumai?
Shumai is a traditional Chinese dumpling that is typically made with ground pork and shrimp, but can also be made with vegetables or other meats. It is a small, open-faced dumpling that is steamed and served as a snack or appetizer.
Is Shumai A Healthy Food Option?
Shumai can be a healthy food option as it is typically made with lean proteins and vegetables. Vegetarian or vegan shumai recipes can be made with tofu or other plant-based proteins, and they are low in fat and calories.
What Are The Key Ingredients Of A Vegetable Shumai?
The key ingredients of a vegetable shumai include chopped vegetables such as carrots, mushrooms, and bamboo shoots, along with tofu, water chestnuts, and seasoning such as soy sauce, ginger, and garlic. The shumai wrappers are typically made with wheat flour or rice flour.
How Is The Preparation Of Shumai Different From Other Dumplings?
Shumai is typically prepared differently from other types of dumplings, as it is an open-faced dumpling that is not completely sealed. The filling is placed in the center of the wrapper and then folded and pleated at the top, leaving the filling exposed. This unique preparation method gives shumai its distinctive look and texture.
What Are Some Variations Of Vegetable Shumai That Can Be Made?
Vegetable shumai can be made with a variety of different vegetables and seasonings to create different flavor profiles. Some popular variations include adding chopped water chestnuts or bamboo shoots for added crunch, or using different seasonings such as chili paste or sesame oil.
Contact Us Today
We understand it is a bit tricky which diet plan will work for you and which will not, it can be complicated and confusing, hence you need to consult a professional. So, contact us today if you are looking for a customized diet plan or any diet plans, and we will help you fulfill your new year’s resolution.
This blog post was written to help you to make healthy and better food choices altogether. So, be aware and take care. The important thing to consider is your health before starting a restrictive diet. Always seek advice from a doctor/dietitian before starting if you have any concerns.
Eat Healthy, Live Healthy. Enjoy a long happy life.